Resource 2018 AFL Draft Order

Remove this Banner Ad

As with previous editions from previous years, this spreadsheet is updated automatically at the end of each round, usually on a Monday or Tuesday.​

Through the trade period I will try and keep it as up to date as possible, but I am one person so please be patient. :)

For future pick trades, the 2019 version of this thread is now live:
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...nal-draft-order-based-on-2018-ladder.1206928/

Tag me if you notice anything that isn't quite right!

Last edited:
Future picks correct at time of posting, includes:
Trengove (FA)
Rockliff (FA)
Lever
Smith
Impey
Crozier

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 12.38.02 pm.png

Saad trade:
GC get: 2018 2nd round pick (attached to Essendon's finishing position)
Essendon get: Saad

Screen Shot 2017-10-16 at 11.35.50 am.png

Ah Chee trade:
West Coast get Brendon Ah Chee and Hawthorn's 2018 fourth round pick (on-traded by Port who acquired it in the Impey trade)
Port Adelaide get West Coast's 2018 third round pick

Screen Shot 2017-10-17 at 3.09.44 pm.png

Last edited:
Pick swap:
West Coast get 21, 26, 37 and a 2018 second round pick
Gold Coast get 50 and a 2018 first round pick

Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 10.34.54 am.png

Young trade

Aaron Young (Port Adelaide) to Gold Coast for a 2018 fourth round pick (tied to Adelaide's finishing position).

Austin trade

Logan Austin and a 2018 fourth round pick (Port Adelaide) for a 2018 third round pick (St Kilda).

Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 11.22.18 am.png

Banshee23

All Australian
Apr 10, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
WWT Eagles / Grêmio / Strikers
Will be interested to see where this all lands now after the completion of trades today :)

Will be interested to see where this all lands now after the completion of trades today :)
The spreadsheet in the OP should be up to date, it’s just that the computer is flat so I can’t post a screenshot :)

I'm confused by this one

It says Port 2018 Rd4 on-traded so it means it wasn't their original pick. I believe Port had the Crows's (from Gold Coast via Young and Wigg trades) and Hawks's 2018 Rd4 pick (from Impey trade) so which one was it?

I'm confused by this one

It says Port 2018 Rd4 on-traded so it means it wasn't their original pick. I believe Port had the Crows's (from Gold Coast via Young and Wigg trades) and Hawks's 2018 Rd4 pick (from Impey trade) so which one was it?
It’s a good question. There was some confusion about whether the Impey pick was on-traded yesterday or whether they traded their own pick (the AFL’s draft order changed the wording a couple of times so it’s clear as mud).

I’ll be double checking everything in the spreadsheets against the draft order when the AFL re-publishes it, but it’s a broken link at the moment so we just have to guess :/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a good question. There was some confusion about whether the Impey pick was on-traded yesterday or whether they traded their own pick (the AFL’s draft order changed the wording a couple of times so it’s clear as mud).

I’ll be double checking everything in the spreadsheets against the draft order when the AFL re-publishes it, but it’s a broken link at the moment so we just have to guess :/
Trade tracker says Port traded the Hawthorn 2018 R4 pick to West Coast as part of the Ah Chee trade. So St Kilda received Adelaide's 2018 R4 pick.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/trade/trade-tracker

Does anyone actually have their own 2018 picks now?
The ones that are bolded have been traded, the rest are their original picks. This years one I reckon about 70-80% of the picks in the first four rounds got traded.

Trade tracker says Port traded the Hawthorn 2018 R4 pick to West Coast as part of the Ah Chee trade. So St Kilda received Adelaide's 2018 R4 pick.

Yeah I think that’s what I have. I will check later :)

The ones that are bolded have been traded, the rest are their original picks. This years one I reckon about 70-80% of the picks in the first four rounds got traded.

Yeah I think that’s what I have. I will check later :)

This is what I have written down, might not correspond with Lore's diagram

Adelaide
MEL R1
CAR R2
CAR R3
MEL R4

Carlton
ADE R2
WBD R2
GEE R4

Collingwood
SYD R3

Essendon
GWS R2

Geelong
RIC R3
CAR R4
GCS R4

Gold Coast
WCE R1
ESS R2
GEE R2
FRE R3

GWS
FRE R2
ESS R3

MEL
ADE R3

NTH
STK R3
WCE R3

PTA
STK R2
NTH R3

STK
ADE R4
PTA R4

SYD
COL R2

WBD
FRE R4

WCE
GCS R2
HAW R4

Up to date!

Based on 2017 Ladder:
Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 7.01.59 pm.png

And a collated version of whose picks each club now has in the first four rounds (rounds 5+ weren't traded anyway, you can also look them up in the second tab of the spreadsheet in the OP):

Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 10.26.03 pm.png

Brisbane, Fremantle, Hawthorn and Richmond didn't acquire any future picks from other clubs, in Fremantle's case the only pick they have left in the first four rounds is their own first round pick.

Last edited:
Carlton's 1st rd pick is marked as coming from NM.
It's not, I swear I checked it like four times >_< I honestly don't know how I get anything right sometimes. :p

And yes, I did just edit this post three times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back