Resource 2018 AFL Draft Order

Remove this Banner Ad

I used to import the squiggle ladder into the spreadsheet because I think it's more interesting than the ladder order in early rounds, but the formatting has changed and the import function doesn't work so well anymore. If I can figure out a way to do it and there's enough demand I might make it again though... Final Siren
=importhtml("https://live.squiggle.com.au/","table",2)

I will be :) It's actually automated to update itself by pulling the ladder off the internet at the end of each round, but I usually check it and post a screenshot each week because gremlins on the google servers sometimes make a mess of the embed in the OP.
Would love to see this also - weekly updates with new value of points in the draft would be sensational:thumbsu:

Will it be on OP?

Would love to see this also - weekly updates with new value of points in the draft would be sensational:thumbsu:

Will it be on OP?
Yep, the spreadsheet embedded in the OP will update automatically every week after the end of the round (usually a Monday or Tuesday).

In fact the ladder that the spreadsheet uses wasn't published until this morning so I've literally only just been able to set it up for 2018 :)

End of Round 1:
Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 2.17.40 pm.png

Yep, the spreadsheet embedded in the OP will update automatically every week after the end of the round (usually a Monday or Tuesday).

In fact the ladder that the spreadsheet uses wasn't published until this morning so I've literally only just been able to set it up for 2018 :)

End of Round 1:
View attachment 475025

and after round 2

interesting game this week end ... between the crows & saints

and interesting for who the crows go for with this game seeing how their arch enemy Port has the Saints 2nd round pick (currently 24) ...

crows win and Port gets a pick in the draft closer to the end of the 1st round (because of the saints 2nd round pick) .. crows lose and Port head towards the start of the 3rd round of the draft (because of the saints pick)

the prize could be a top South Australian player in the 2018 draft ..

and interesting for who the crows go for with this game seeing how their arch enemy Port has the Saints 2nd round pick (currently 24) ...

crows win and Port gets a pick in the draft closer to the end of the 1st round (because of the saints 2nd round pick) .. crows lose and Port head towards the start of the 3rd round of the draft (because of the saints pick)

Or, and hear me out here because I know it's controversial, Adelaide just try and win because they want to win the premiership rather than worrying about a pick somewhere between 20 and 30 that someone else holds.

You’re forgetting that Adelaide and Carlton swap second round picks this year as part of the Gibbs trade...

The saints will finish higher than Carlton...

Oh and Melbourne’s first rounder too... SA lads will be gone pretty early..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or, and hear me out here because I know it's controversial, Adelaide just try and win because they want to win the premiership rather than worrying about a pick somewhere between 20 and 30 that someone else holds.

Ease up dlanod....You’ll just confuse the lad using logic like this...

You’re forgetting that Adelaide and Carlton swap second round picks this year as part of the Gibbs trade...

The saints will finish higher than Carlton...

probably ......

didn't forget the swap of 2nd round draft picks between Carlton and Crows...

crows with blues pick now pick 20 after round 2 ... if the blues win (against Collingwood) the pick will go up to maybe pick 21 or 22 or 23 ....
if the crows win against the saints then Ports pick 24 (which was the saints) after round 2 will go down maybe 23 or 22 or 21 ....

the crows with a win could help Port in the 2018 draft with a win against the saints ....

it will be interesting to see the Pick list after round 3 ....

The ladder that the draft order is based on itself doesn't update until after the last game in each round.

Given the ANZAC Day game is part of this round, the ladder (and thus the draft order) likely won't be updated until Thursday or Friday next week.

What did Freo trade their 2nd, 3rd & 4th rounders for/?

Second rounder was part of the Wilson trade:

Wilson trade:

GWS get pick 57 and Fremantle's 2018 second round pick
Fremantle get Nathan Wilson and pick 71

View attachment 429918

Third rounder netted you Matera:

(and also Port-StK pick swap)

View attachment 430045

Your fourth rounder went to the dogs as part of the Crozier trade, you got a couple of 2017 picks back for him and it:

Crozier trade:
Bulldogs get: Crozier, 2018 fourth rounder
Fremantle get: pick 40 and pick 82

View attachment 427886

:)

I like the part where you addressed me as if I was Freo and I had drunkenly forgotten what I had done the night before
sorry :tearsofjoy: I was using the draft preview thing to see what the quoted tweet was for Matera and couldn't double check which team you supported from that page :grimacing: Adelaide > Fremantle anyway ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back