Play Nice 2019 Non AFL Admin, Crowds, Ratings, Participation etc thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Most employee contracts have a social media part. Mine does and I would be fired on the spot if it was me writing what he did.

Drunks and fortification is a choice. Gay is not.
I do wonder why druggos get a free pass on his list though.

Besides which, as a drunk, I'm going to hell but for completely different reasons than alcohol.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Share your love of a drink, dont remember ever getting drunk, although have woken up feeling the worse for wear, put it down to someone spiking the last ale.
Hell, I dont believe so I'm not too sure why I need to worry.

Share your love of a drink, dont remember ever getting drunk, although have woken up feeling the worse for wear, put it down to someone spiking the last ale.
Hell, I dont believe so I'm not too sure why I need to worry.
I don't either, so I don't worry.

But to a young Christian kid who loves rugby/sport and also is gay.... they may not want to be looked up to but as a sports star they are.

I don't either, so I don't worry.

But to a young Christian kid who loves rugby/sport and also is gay.... they may not want to be looked up to but as a sports star they are.

Understand but is it really different to kids wearing the #18 when Duck was outed as a fornicator ...

Incredibly, that AFL game in Canberra got nearly double the attendance of an NRL game in Sydney.
Having seen the highlights this morning a seriously doubt if that was the correct crowd figure and i see quite a few empty seats and i strongly suspect that loads as freebies were given out to schools and local community groups and nothing wrong with that of course, but to think there were 12,000 paying people there is asinine.
The 50,000 TV viewing figure wouldn't have gone unnoticed by the TV companies an will be a factor in the next TV deal

Having seen the highlights this morning a seriously doubt if that was the correct crowd figure and i see quite a few empty seats and i strongly suspect that loads as freebies were given out to schools and local community groups and nothing wrong with that of course, but to think there were 12,000 paying people there is asinine.
The 50,000 TV viewing figure wouldn't have gone unnoticed by the TV companies an will be a factor in the next TV deal
Lol you really are struggling.

No I'm not struggling at all. Sometimes the truth and facts hurt and its appears its hurting you.
You need to wake up and smell the coffee.
You aren't using facts though. Making it up as you go along so fits your narrative.

50k poor? yep. But nowhere near as bad as A-League finals or Super Rugby and only 20k less than the Eagles game.

Crowd? Well 12k is a good one and i accept it more than your "guess"

This statement must be a joke? Why on Earth would 1 single TV rating, going head to head with another game, out of a total of 207 games per year, or 1,242 games over the contract period, be a defining factor?

Not to mention this is a foxtel game. Direct ratings would be largely unimportant in the foxtel rights negotiations, as the revenue driver is subscriptions not advertisements.

That is to say, for example, weekly total foxtel ratings over 9 games of 450k (50k per game) would be more valuable to foxtel than weekly fox ratings of 2m (250k per game over 8 games) if the 50k viewers for each game in the first example were unique and the 250k viewers per game in the second example were the same viewers for each game.

Saying one instance of 50k viewers, without any other information, will be a factor in the next TV deal, is hilarious honestly.

How sad that some people can't cope with reality.
Facts are facts. Truth is truth. Reality is reality.
We certainly have a few princess's that's for sure.
Enjoy the day snowflakes. I'm off out now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact remains that an AFL game in Canberra got nearly double the attendance of an NRL game in Sydney.

The NRL crowd at the SCG was another 13,000 shocker for two Sydney teams.

Looks like the SCG is to NRL what Marvel Stadium is to AFL = the fans just dont want to go there in big numbers.

Unbiased discourse is valuable.

Statements like "I doubt crowd figure x" (note: the crowd figure is the fact, your doubt is an opinion), "The 50,000 TV viewing figure wouldn't have gone unnoticed by the TV companies an will be a factor in the next TV deal" (50k is the fact, everything else is your opinion), are not unbiased, factual or useful in any way.

When people provide relevant points against your (largely opinionated) arguments, you resort to personal insults and then run.

Still better than all super rugby and the a-league finals.

actually, if you combine FTA and foxtel ratings for Friday night, the A league ratings are higher by 8K* ;)

What I find interesting if the ratings for the EPL now that it is on at a decent time. getting 80-120K in the last 2 weekends, ratings the A-league would dream of. Think that showcases that the A-league really needs to convert more soccer fans to the local product.

I really don't think finals work for the A-league. This current system certainly doesn't help. As a sports fan, I have no idea when they are on or who is playing who.

*that, of cause, is a terrible comparison, as one was in Primetime, a final and is missing half of its fans from NZ and GWS was probably on FTA in NSW, which would put it in front of the Nix/Victory

actually, if you combine FTA and foxtel ratings for Friday night, the A league ratings are higher by 8K* ;)

What I find interesting if the ratings for the EPL now that it is on at a decent time. getting 80-120K in the last 2 weekends, ratings the A-league would dream of. Think that showcases that the A-league really needs to convert more soccer fans to the local product.

I really don't think finals work for the A-league. This current system certainly doesn't help. As a sports fan, I have no idea when they are on or who is playing who.

*that, of cause, is a terrible comparison, as one was in Primetime, a final and is missing half of its fans from NZ and GWS was probably on FTA in NSW, which would put it in front of the Nix/Victory

What were the fta ratings for the Giants game? As the foxfooty was the 50k?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back