Opinion 2018 Non-Crows #4: You say Potato, I say Portato (Cont in Part 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Islam misinterpreted by extremists is radical and violent.

All religions have "an eye for an eye" and killing nonbelievers somewhere in there. But the actual vast majority of their text is some simple version of do unto others, which probably anyone could ever behind.

My feeling are that there have been a LOT more killings done by radical Christians than radical Muslims in the last few years, but then I'm really just focusing on Western countries. I imagine the numbers look different if you look beyond USA/UK/Australia/Canada etc.

Islam in it's interpretation, when compared to a secular, western society is radical. The Koran states that in a court of law a womans testimony is half that of a mans - that alone is pretty radical I would have thought.

"As is Christianity". - LOL.

You don't count Fox News as a white Christian cult?

The vast majority of mass shootings in recent US history involve killers who have been fed paranoid lies and misinformation. I'm not sure how the lies from those pulpits are different to the lies being spread by radical religious leaders.

Like him or hate him I don't recall a president in recent history being bashed by the media as much as Trump has. If you spent a week listening to/reading news.com.au/CNN/NBC you would think the Trump administration are the anti-christ. I've never seen this negativity before so it's been a real opener. Obama and Clinton were bombing poor people, doubling the debt, destroying countries (Libya) and turning water into wine ($$$) yet there was a hardly a murmur from the liberal media.

Personally I think liberals (media/Hollywood/Democrats) are terrified that working class America, and especially white working class America, have a voice.

Islam in it's interpretation, when compared to a secular, western society is radical. The Koran states that in a court of law a womans testimony is half that of a mans - that alone is pretty radical I would have thought.

he's gone to meet his 72 virgins. What if they don't like him.

Like him or hate him I don't recall a president in recent history being bashed by the media as much as Trump has. If you spent a week listening to/reading news.com.au/CNN/NBC you would think the Trump administration are the anti-christ. I've never seen this negativity before so it's been a real opener. Obama and Clinton were bombing poor people, destroying countries and turning water into win ($$$) yet there was a hardly a murmur from the liberal media.

Personally I think liberals (media/Hollywood/Democrats) are terrified that working class America, and especially white working class America, have a voice.

Trump his own worse enemy, None of the Others used twitter like he does.

But recently you say None of the others refused to attend a memorial dedicated to fallen Soldiers as he did.

Sorry guys ....can this discussion be held in a Backyard Thread, rather than a footy thread please

Any chance we can return to Port bashing on this thread :D
Next embarrassment :
A. Jack Watts and ****
B. Sam Foul Pecker Instagram ****up
C. The Convention - a sell out?
D. China - a sell out?
E. Wingard wins Brownlow
F. Hinkley gets sacked
G. Watts Slops and Rocks play most of the year in SANFL with Trengove
I got a feeling it’s going to be a cracker year at Alberton with good old racist Koch at the helm

Agree ....
From the “religion” that brings you FMG, the burka , oppression of women , “no homosexuality for you” and above all - with .., yes ... the winner being “death to infidels !”

Yeah
Compared with Christianity it’s a holiday camp !

And yes
This post is laden and dripping with disgusted sarcasm .

It wasn’t that long ago, in Christian countries, that women weren’t allowed to hold property (it belonged to their husband) and they weren’t considered a competent witness against their husband in court. Indigenous Australians were considered part of the fauna.

And when Chris Evert played Wimbledon the scoreboard read Mrs John Lloyd. She didn’t exist in her own right, she was “wife of” John Lloyd

Islam doesn’t have a monopoly on radicalism

Just curious in regards to Tippett how it works with him technically still being on Sydney's list and any Third Party Payments he earns.

Should he he subject to the same rules as all AFL players?
He is... which is why he's going onto Sydney's rookie list in the first place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like him or hate him I don't recall a president in recent history being bashed by the media as much as Trump has. If you spent a week listening to/reading news.com.au/CNN/NBC you would think the Trump administration are the anti-christ. I've never seen this negativity before so it's been a real opener. Obama and Clinton were bombing poor people, doubling the debt, destroying countries (Libya) and turning water into wine ($$$) yet there was a hardly a murmur from the liberal media.

Seriously people can this stuff please go to the backyard where it belongs. This thread is for non crows FOOTY related stuff. I’m interested in your views on footy , not politics.

It wasn’t that long ago, in Christian countries, that women weren’t allowed to hold property (it belonged to their husband) and they weren’t considered a competent witness against their husband in court. Indigenous Australians were considered part of the fauna.

And when Chris Evert played Wimbledon the scoreboard read Mrs John Lloyd. She didn’t exist in her own right, she was “wife of” John Lloyd

Islam doesn’t have a monopoly on radicalism
"Not long ago" - correct, but not TODAY.

Anyway as Crowbot said, to the backyard.

I dont feel these idiots who follow radical Islam and cause the violence are true muslims at all. They brand themselves with the name "Islam" but in reality are just guys who stand behind that to justify causing voilence and lashing out against a societal system they feel is unjust and not in line with their personal beliefs.

If I was to ever follow a religion (other than Footy) it would probably be Islam as it teaches strength through consequences and abstaining from things that take your mind away from being a better member of the community. It is far from a passive religion.

You cant just go out and kill someone or steal than ask a preist for forgiveness in a confessional...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

From my limited knowledge from a couple of years of RE once per week, I thought Hindu and Buddhism made a bit of sense. But I've not studied either in any detail.

I saw John Halbert in the city today. I went over to him and introduced myself and shook his hand. A great pleasure and honour and someone I have always admired. Seems like a top bloke.

Last edited:
Kojak or has he been Ashley and Martin?;)

Bald as a badger. It suits him though.

Barrie Robran is bald now too, that's pretty rough to see. He had a great head of hair. I remember around the time he retired it was thick and parted, then around the mid-80s it was curly and blond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back