Opinion 2018 Non-Crows #4: You say Potato, I say Portato (Cont in Part 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do some time in one at a track and your opinion will change. Well, any track apart from QR.
I've driven one, it's fun for about 30 minutes. My I30N is twice the car.

The AFL should fire them before they retire. They don't deserve to retire. They deserve to be fired.
Fired from a cannon into the hottest bit of the sun. Probably a bit extreme.

Truck has got Richmond's defence absolutely purring.

If we can get Rutten the main differences between us and them will be the prehistoric ruck philosophy, speed/class in the midfield, and the 4 tall/low pressure forward set up.

Truck has got Richmond's defence absolutely purring.

If we can get Rutten the main differences between us and them will be the prehistoric ruck philosophy, speed/class in the midfield, and the 4 tall/low pressure forward set up.
We dont need to copy Richmond. We need a coaching group that can come up with our own plan with the talent we have available.
Do you think Clarkson is trying to imitate Richmong?

Edit: I was going to correct Richmonds name, but * it, makes sense to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Richmond’s game style is essentially St Kilda under Ross Lyon. Frantic defence through manic pressure on the ball carrier

We dont need to copy Richmond. We need a coaching group that can come up with our own plan with the talent we have available.
Do you think Clarkson is trying to imitate Richmong?

Edit: I was going to correct Richmonds name, but **** it, makes sense to me.
Hawks and Richmond are actually pretty similar the way they play.

Our biggest flaws are the lack of speed/ pressure in the mids and the too tall forward line which again causes a lack of speed/pressure

Hawks and Richmond are actually pretty similar the way they play.

Our biggest flaws are the lack of speed/ pressure in the mids and the too tall forward line which again causes a lack of speed/pressure
The only similarity is the pressure and little taps, knocks and dribble kicks off the ground to advantage.
When you get confidence/momentum thats the sort of deft s**t you can pull out.
When you have confidence you are bullet proof. We had it early 2017 to play on at all costs but we didnt have the manic pressure game.

Look at the GF. The momentum they received from the umpires and thenconfidence went up and there was no stopping it. The team and fans rode that wave.
There is no shortage of potential that can be achieved once you inject confidence and momentum in a side.

So Richmond’s game style is essentially St Kilda under Ross Lyon. Frantic defence through manic pressure on the ball carrier

There's more to it than that. They are very good at handballing effectively, helped by a better structure around the ball, with waves of players on the outside. This has been startlingly obvious tonight. The efforts of Essendon's and Richmond's groups of players around the ball are similar, but when Essendon give it up through poor handballs or fumbles, or when Richmond win it, Richmond give clean handballs to well separated players and then have waves down the ground. Richmond play much more error-free football than Essendon. I don't think the players are more skilled, just much better coached, with much better on-ball structures. (By on-ball, I don't mean just midfield, but simply the structure around where the ball is in general play.)

Compare the Crow structures which resulted in Lewis potting two 50m goals unmolested against Melbourne!

The only similarity is the pressure and little taps, knocks and dribble kicks off the ground to advantage.
When you get confidence/momentum thats the sort of deft s**t you can pull out.
When you have confidence you are bullet proof. We had it early 2017 to play on at all costs but we didnt have the manic pressure game.

Look at the GF. The momentum they received from the umpires and thenconfidence went up and there was no stopping it. The team and fans rode that wave.
There is no shortage of potential that can be achieved once you inject confidence and momentum in a side.
Easy to say the only difference is pressure.

In fact that is a gaping chasm of a difference that mostly comes down to our slow/lazy midfield and overly tall forward line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back