Opinion 2018 Non-Crows #4: You say Potato, I say Portato (Cont in Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenny Dee

All Australian
Aug 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
C6B1F3FE-8972-4A60-A46F-3A418F3CF3BA.png

Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NY Yankees, Glenelg Adelaide Giants
"ADELAIDE is backing in its key football department staff with Brett Burton and Matt Hass both set to remain in their current roles next year despite the club’s shock slide this season.

As the Crows continue their internal review into what led them going from grand finalist to missing the finals this year, it’s understood management will resist making wholesale changes to fitness staff and key decision makers.

There have been public calls for heads to roll at Adelaide but both chairman Rob Chapman and chief executive Andrew Fagan are expected to confirm the club wants stability and will stand by its men when the Crows play their final home game of the year against North Melbourne on Sunday."

Bay62

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
"ADELAIDE is backing in its key football department staff with Brett Burton and Matt Hass both set to remain in their current roles next year despite the club’s shock slide this season.

As the Crows continue their internal review into what led them going from grand finalist to missing the finals this year, it’s understood management will resist making wholesale changes to fitness staff and key decision makers.

There have been public calls for heads to roll at Adelaide but both chairman Rob Chapman and chief executive Andrew Fagan are expected to confirm the club wants stability and will stand by its men when the Crows play their final home game of the year against North Melbourne on Sunday."

Personally I’d prefer excellence to stability

Clearly too much to ask for

Kenny Dee

All Australian
Aug 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide

It absolutely baffles me that this performance can be accepted and then rewarded.

A little piece of my love for this club just died.

FFS, the AFC had an opportunity to win back the supporters by making strong off field changes.

In typical AFC fashion, we went for the more comfortable, easier and cheaper option.

Carmo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Well, the news burton and hass are safe matches my expectations. I was surprised when I heard these leaks that one or both was gonski. Didn't ring true for how clubs operate in the post leading teams era. Everyone has input into everything else, so everyone signed off on the fitness regime that saw us get a hammy epidemic. That either meant everyone was getting the ass or no one pretty much, and when they had a pretty good year the year previous I had my doubts. Another year like the one just gone though and there'll be plenty of changes, but its a million to one that we'll have another year like that.

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Last year when we rested players in the lead to to finals we lost

Richmond just did the same thing but didn't lose

Having said that. If they were to of played us this week or next here. They would lose

Carmo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Free Kick counts vs Richmond, Richmond home games or games at MCG since the bye.

Rich v Collingwood, 16 v 19

Rich v St Kilda 13 v 24

Rich v Geelong 15 v 23

Rich v Ess 15 v 27

Rich v Adel 20 v 17

AFL to umpires: Yer, make a game of it, except with an understrength Adelaide, * them, let em rot.

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Richmond's first minor premiership in the Afl on the back of six of thier first seven games at the g and four of thier last five at the g.

Apr 10, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide

Your avatar looks so sarcastic about this news.

RunBurgundy

Team Captain
Apr 3, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide, Philadelphia Eagles

FFS well I won't be renewing my Vic membership next season. Seems petty but I'm tired of piss weak responses to performance issues from the AFC. I hope what I've read about internal unrest from Burton's conduct and personality isn't true as we can't afford to lose good people. Poor Pykey

May 7, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
I knew it would happen. Still pissed off though.
2 days before our last home game after which they can then all return to the ivory tower and pat themselves on the back.
The noise can then die down over the off season and its all rainbows and lollipops at the AFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back