Opinion 2018 Non-Crows #5: Watt's the frequency, Kenneth? #nightswimming&****

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really interested to know how Gold Coast ****ed their salary cap as is being reported on their board. Apparently it's part of the reason why they ditched Lyons, according to some poster that claims he spoke to Mark Evans.

Their list is terrible. They should be 2-3 million under the cap with guys like Lynch and May gone. The previous admin must have ****ed them beyond belief

I'm really interested to know how Gold Coast ****** their salary cap as is being reported on their board. Apparently it's part of the reason why they ditched Lyons, according to some poster that claims he spoke to Mark Evans.

Their list is terrible. They should be 2-3 million under the cap with guys like Lynch and May gone. The previous admin must have ****** them beyond belief

They obviously roll over every time a half decent performing player or a non performing high draft pick holds them to ransom. I could see it happening.

They would have to pay overs on every contract to keep their players I would have thought.

I'm really interested to know how Gold Coast ****** their salary cap as is being reported on their board. Apparently it's part of the reason why they ditched Lyons, according to some poster that claims he spoke to Mark Evans.

Their list is terrible. They should be 2-3 million under the cap with guys like Lynch and May gone. The previous admin must have ****** them beyond belief
That's true, but the current admin and list management just signed Jordan Murdoch for 3 years. That's horrendous list management, he's beyond awful. Based on that I'm not sure much has changed. Whoever is sitting down with player managers is being played for a fool and mustn't watch any football.

Mother took seven years to push one out alive. Then two more in the next eight years.

So it's worth too keep trying

The simple reality is that miscarriages occur for a reason. Still, it's a tragedy for those involved. But it's not close to being on the same page as giving birth to a still born. That's an unimaginable horror as far as I'm concerned.

On AA Caro said before trade month that even with Lynch going they were still jammed up for cap space. Surely the only way it's possible is if they're still paying nearly every player that has left them. It makes no sense whatsoever.

The simple reality is that miscarriages occur for a reason. Still, it's a tragedy for those involved. But it's not close to being on the same page as giving birth to a still born. That's an unimaginable horror as far as I'm concerned.

Yes there is always a reason.

It wasn't nice for my mother when about 50 years later articles came out about the hole they dug in the back of the hospitals to dump the bodies of still borns. In my mother's case Colin was alive at birth but died a few hours later.

Now has 2 ACL injuries, does not bode well for his longevity in the game.

If he did the injury 12 months earlier he stays with us ironically.

I actually done blame Lever for taking more money and going to Melbourne, an ACL can be a career threatening injury. Average career span of an AFL player is only around 3-4 years apparently.
I think that’s heavily screwed by the ones which aren’t good enough and never get a game. Good players capable of the level required seem to play 10-15 years. Even bit players seem to hang around for ever. A dozen or so decent players a year out of 900 odd have their careers ended by injury.
This is the way I see it anyway.
I think the 3-4 year average does not relate to the best talents.

I think that’s heavily screwed by the ones which aren’t good enough and never get a game. Good players capable of the level required seem to play 10-15 years. Even bit players seem to hang around for ever. A dozen or so decent players a year out of 900 odd have their careers ended by injury.
This is the way I see it anyway.
I think the 3-4 year average does not relate to the best talents.
10-15 years mean you're a 200 game player. We've had what, 30 of those guys in 20 years? And maybe another 5 who were around the club for that long but didn't play that many games?

So yeah, the stats show that a 3-4 year career is average and that is because of the ones that get delisted quickly. Also there is a TON of guys that play a handful of games - say up to 50 but never go further. A player with a 10 year career is pretty amazing, something like 10% of them do that. It means you're pretty lucky to draft one in a given year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

10-15 years mean you're a 200 game player. We've had what, 30 of those guys in 20 years? And maybe another 5 who were around the club for that long but didn't play that many games?

So yeah, the stats show that a 3-4 year career is average and that is because of the ones that get delisted quickly. Also there is a TON of guys that play a handful of games - say up to 50 but never go further. A player with a 10 year career is pretty amazing, something like 10% of them do that. It means you're pretty lucky to draft one in a given year.

Yeah I should have made that 10 without the 15.
Guys that never get a game play 3-4 years often. A bloke like Lever will be around for 10 years even if injuries keep him to a 50 game career. Based on talent. Like Daniel Menzel, Otten etc.
It’s not being good enough more so than injuries which gets a delisting.

Wait a minute... why are we at post 10117? Have the Mods gone on Chrissy holiday already?

And oh yeah...

584749_06ea5de80c153a48e28c28298d2917a0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back