Opinion 2018 Non-Crows #5: Watt's the frequency, Kenneth? #nightswimming&****

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suicide attempt?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Apparently anti suicide barriers have recently been installed on the Bolte Bridge and they are quite high. Member of the public reported seeing him stop his car and climb the barrier.

That's really s**t news

I hope he gets the help he needs

He was found some 15 minutes after jumping in the Yarra. That tells me that survival mode kicked in which has to be a positive. Hopefully it's given him the realisation that he has plenty to live for.

Last edited:
Sad news. Hope he comes through this.

MH in general is something that footy needs to rethink how it handles I feel. Footy is a business now pure and simple. With limits on salary caps etc and pressures to perform its just a situation that goes against being able to deal with MH properly I reckon. Just from a point of view of physical injuries, clubs already push the boundaries like playing guys with concussion as soon as they possibly can. Or bringing players back from soft tissue injuries only for them to reinjure. I think that is a line that clubs just have to manage as best they can. Its the nature of the beast.

But when it comes to MH, there are no easy ways to measure how to get a player back on to the field. Since what is at stake in MH issues (worst case peoples lives), its just a s**t situation. Need to take the pressure of the clubs somehow, so they can take all pressure off the player. Also, it cant help the person trying to recover from a MH problem that they might feel they are letting down their club and their mates as well.

I wonder if Danger, Riewoldt or Fyfe can pick Aboriginal players?

To suggest they cant is the very definition of racism.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
The best way would be for Eddie to pick his team 1st, then if there are any other eligible indigenous players not selected in that teams they could be picked in those teams.

The best way would be for Eddie to pick his team 1st, then if there are any other eligible indigenous players not selected in that teams they could be picked in those teams.

That’s the only way it can work. Eddie takes his preferred aboriginal lads and then the other captains go through their selection process. But maybe the AFL don’t want aboriginal against aboriginal for some reason.

I honestly have mixed feelings re: Daw, I don't think suicide is the answer, and I hope he gets the help he needs, but also I don't think much of him as a person, very conflicting.

Is there some rule about people being forced to watch AFLX that I missed?

I'm pretty sure you can just not watch if it is so offensive to you all.

The 'geek' and 'nerd' references being used as some sort of wierd insult is pretty funny... Anyone on BigFooty in December is a massive footy nerd.

Anyway, I'll bet that most on here will be tuning in, just to see some footballers doing some football like things
emoji57.png

That’s the only way it can work. Eddie takes his preferred aboriginal lads and then the other captains go through their selection process. But maybe the AFL don’t want aboriginal against aboriginal for some reason.
Could you imagine if Dangerfield could only pick white boys.

Not their intention but seems totally at odds with inclusion. Hard to fathom their lack of foresight on this one.
Another Gil the dill production.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there some rule about people being forced to watch AFLX that I missed?

I'm pretty sure you can just not watch if it is so offensive to you all.

The 'geek' and 'nerd' references being used as some sort of wierd insult is pretty funny... Anyone on BigFooty in December is a massive footy nerd.

Anyway, I'll bet that most on here will be tuning in, just to see some footballers doing some football like things

Sent from my Armor_X using Tapatalk

Its hardly offensive, its just saccharine sweet kiddie s**t when it doesn't need to be. We may be 'footy nerds' (I'm more of a music/movies nerd) but footy isn't supposed to be nerdy, that's the difference.

I can name every Black Sabbath, Ramones and Black Flag song from all of their albums in chronological order off the top of my head at will, that makes me a 'music nerd' but those bands aren't nerdy and neither are people that listen to them.

This Chinese group have $4billion in assets but are still making Port pay for everything

What a shitshow
Chinese are going to educate Kochie how to be a proper dictator... whoops I mean Chairman & Ken how to successfully coach a team.

What a dud question. I didn't realise i was obligated to say why I didn't think much of a person.
I would expect if you are going to post such a thing on a public forum you should be prepared to back up why. Otherwise if its a sensitive issue for you, then keep it to yourself.

I would expect if you are going to post such a thing on a public forum you should be prepared to back up why. Otherwise if its a sensitive issue for you, then keep it to yourself.
Sure, if I had said he was a s**t person and deserved it, but I didn't, all I said was:

I honestly have mixed feelings re: Daw, I don't think suicide is the answer, and I hope he gets the help he needs, but also I don't think much of him as a person, very conflicting.

A throwaway comment on being conflicted because 'I don't think much of him as a person'. Hardly requires being backed up.

Edit:
And honestly 'post such a thing on a public forum' - what is this? What I posted was a reasonable comment.

Sure, if I had said he was a s**t person and deserved it, but I didn't, all I said was:

A throwaway comment on being conflicted because 'I don't think much of him as a person'. Hardly requires being backed up.

Edit:
And honestly 'post such a thing on a public forum' - what is this? What I posted was a reasonable comment.
It really isn't unless you can show otherwise. You don't know Daw (I presume - tell me if I'm wrong). So based on what is out there, why is it you don't think much of him as a person? It is reasonable for someone to ask this, to which you replied "none of your business"

If it is none of our businesses, then why post it on here in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back