Opinion 2018 Non-Crows #5: Watt's the frequency, Kenneth? #nightswimming&****

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On AA Caro said before trade month that even with Lynch going they were still jammed up for cap space. Surely the only way it's possible is if they're still paying nearly every player that has left them. It makes no sense whatsoever.

They're pretty clearly the least attractive club for players I reckon, have to pay players more than other clubs would to keep them.

Non Crows #5 - Watts the frequency, Kenny? is your Coke Zero, uh-huh (Peter Buck guitar feedback). I was brain-dead, locked out, numb, thinking of t***ies.

Just the title alone would break BF servers

On AA Caro said before trade month that even with Lynch going they were still jammed up for cap space. Surely the only way it's possible is if they're still paying nearly every player that has left them. It makes no sense whatsoever.
Supposedly they paid a bunch of rookies like Will Brodie $400-$500K after their first years to stick around. Basically it sounds like they've done an extreme version of our "everybody gets a slice" method, but they haven't evened it out with guys on cheaper contracts. Like 30 David Mackay contracts without the Cam Ellis Yolmen/Andy Otten types on $150K to even it out, while still having to pay guys at the top end too.

Yeah I should have made that 10 without the 15.
Guys that never get a game play 3-4 years often. A bloke like Lever will be around for 10 years even if injuries keep him to a 50 game career. Based on talent. Like Daniel Menzel, Otten etc.
It’s not being good enough more so than injuries which gets a delisting.
Well, that's all true too. There's lots of blokes doing 3-4 years, getting 0-10 games and they're gone.

Very few surviving to 10 years with few games.
Even Lever won't make it 10 years to only get 50 games. Hell, he should have had 35 with us. If he can't play 15 games in the next 3 years he's done, which is a bit sad, because even though the self love is of epic proportions, he's a talent and the game needs those guys.

Well written written article on pokie machines

www.theguardian.com/maurice-blackburn-fair-is-for-all/2016/nov/16/whos-to-blame-for-our-problem-pokie-gamblers?utm_source=Facebook&utm_campaign=MB_FairIsForAll&utm_medium=cpc&fbclid=IwAR2gOUdpaMo_RYmsShnkW9lzjBcqUxGIMlKI_92lUVqUd0KXRsxTxvbS_xY

Machines designed to be addictive

One in five machines in australia

Millions spent every year to make them more addictive

Forty percent of users addicted

And half of the afl clubs in Victoria addicted to the revenue they generate

Well written written article on pokie machines

www.theguardian.com/maurice-blackburn-fair-is-for-all/2016/nov/16/whos-to-blame-for-our-problem-pokie-gamblers?utm_source=Facebook&utm_campaign=MB_FairIsForAll&utm_medium=cpc&fbclid=IwAR2gOUdpaMo_RYmsShnkW9lzjBcqUxGIMlKI_92lUVqUd0KXRsxTxvbS_xY

Machines designed to be addictive

One in five machines in australia

Millions spent every year to make them more addictive

Forty percent of users addicted

And half of the afl clubs in Victoria addicted to the revenue they generate

Pretty old news. We've known for years that the rate of collect, music and graphics were designed to increase the likelihood of addiction.

Pretty old news. We've known for years that the rate of collect, music and graphics were designed to increase the likelihood of addiction.
Indeed, yet little is done to curb this social problem...

Indeed, yet little is done to curb this social problem...

Pokie addiction causes much family and domestic violence

The afl have the money to ban these things and advocate on a national scale just how bad they are. They dont

Ben brown and Jimmy Bartel love feeding thier egos campaigning against domestic violence but won't go near the issue of pokie machines. And it's not because thier clubs profit. North have long been free and cats phasing them out.

Most likely because many females addicted to pokies commit family and domestic violence and doesn't suit thier narrative

Five victorian clubs reliant on revenue that derived from activities that cause family and domestic violence

This can be stopped now.

The afl chose to publicly back the yes campaign for same sex marriage. It's not as if they stay away from social justice issues

The afl have the money to ban these things and advocate on a national scale just how bad they are. They dont

Ben brown and Jimmy Bartel love feeding thier egos campaigning against domestic violence but won't go near the issue of pokie machines. And it's not because thier clubs profit. North have long been free and cats phasing them out.

Most likely because many females addicted to pokies commit family and domestic violence and doesn't suit thier narrative

Five victorian clubs reliant on revenue that derived from activities that cause family and domestic violence

This can be stopped now.

The afl chose to publicly back the yes campaign for same sex marriage. It's not as if they stay away from social justice issues
Can you please take this somewhere more appropriate

This can be stopped now.

SSM was just some good, easy and free publicity for the AFL, whereas taking away pokies hurts them/potentially puts those Victorian clubs closer to relocation.

To expect the AFL to have any real drive/desire to put themselves into a worse position by rectifying this is pretty foolish. If pokies are to be phased out, the ground work must be done elsewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This seems like a non Crows AFL issue.
Plenty of other boards to argue the benefits or non-benefits of pokies that already exist .. based on the portatoe element of the thread name, seems to me it still relates to football here

Pokie's don't cause domestic violence they just put stress on people who are capable of it. But take away the pokies and these people don't suddenly live stress-free lives, something else will always push them to violence.

Pokie's don't cause domestic violence they just put stress on people who are capable of it. But take away the pokies and these people don't suddenly live stress-free lives, something else will always push them to violence.
Pokies has caused plenty of social problems, including family breakdowns that probably wouldn't have occurred if they didn't exist. Funding addictive habits leads to major issues...

I watched the replay of "Nineteen Ninety Seven" yesterday on Fox Footy. Something that's been bugging me, who is the young journo that they play audio clips of that is speaking about the Crows using terms like "we" and "us" ?? It's obviously from local radio at the time. I know the voice and am sure they are with Fox Footy full time these days but can't pinpoint who it is ?? Anyone know who I mean ??

How do they walk away from that
With poo in her undies.

Couple of marshals got hurt I think. I think there had to be some sort of brake failure, she came in super super quick....... and airborne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back