Opinion 2018 Non-Crows Discussion - Part 2: Tom Doedee, Rising Star Nominee & Port's New Major Sponsor

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusty knows what he's doing in those 1-1's. He initiates the holding, and holds just as much, or more as the defender, but know the umps always call it as holding by the defender.
Imo, umpires should have their IQ tested A long with common sense... because so many lack basic intelligence & common sense.

Didn’t Kane Cornes say something about Geelong are at the crossroads and this is a danger game for them?

Lolololololol it’s a massacre. My god you’re clueless Kane.
I picked them because they had a much-needed break and, with a game finally at home, I thought they'd be recharged and ready to cause some problems. Even if Geelong were favourites, I doubt many would've picked this result. They're a rabble and beyond help.
I thought the same. I even contemplated Gold Coast losing, but not by 85 points

They just need a total rebrand. Colours, team name, song, guernsey.

There’s enough talent + picks 4 and 5 this year to work with (Lynch will go).

E.g.

Swallow, May, Thompson, Weller, Ainsworth, Kolodjashnij, Martin, Ah Chee, Bowes, Brodie, Scrimshaw, Leslie, Wright, Powell, Day, Witts, Miller, Hall

+ Max King, Sam Walsh

Defence: May, Thompson, Kolodjashnij, Leslie, Scrimshaw
Midfield: Swallow, Walsh, Brodie, Bowes, Martin, Witts, Miller
Forward: King, Wright, Hall, Powell, Ah Chee, Ainsworth

FFS just move one of the thousand struggling Melbourne Clubs to the Gold Coast.

Gold Coast Saints.
Gold Coast kangaroos should have happened. That the vFL allowed the club to have its say was weak

Port shown first today why Nicholls shouldn’t be umpiring Hawthorn games

We need to enforce similar to the UK
The FA has all referees upon completion of thier acceptance into the Football League that they advise the team that they support, and as such are never fixtures to referee one of thier games

Eg: From BBC site
Do referees have to say who they support?
Yes. And referees will not get appointed to the clubs they support.

"At the beginning of every season the referees' background information is audited," said Keith Hackett, the former head of Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL), the organisation that makes refereeing appointments for Premier League games.

"They complete a form that includes who they support, the history of if they've played the game and with the addresses where they are residing.

"That gives you a picture that comes into use when you're appointing. It's about ensuring, for example, you wouldn't appoint a Sheffield-based ref for a Sheffield team."
It's actually unbelievable this doesn't happen
If i was an umpire i wouldn't intentionally favour the crows but i think everyone from every club would admit to seeing certain incidents through their clubs' tinted glasses

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon the issue with Wingard is the gameplan. Prior to 2015 Port played a free falling kamikaze style with lots of run forward play.

Since Bassett got to the club they are far more structured and rigid with set positioning. Yes he is the defensive coach but their gameplan has Bassett (Criagy) trademarks all over it.

That kind of gameplan takes a bit of study to learn and is far from instictive. Chad has said himself he does not love the game and only watches the bear minimum to get through for learning purposes.

That bear minimum would have been lifted since Bass came on board and this would not suit him or the way he wants to play.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm actually not surprised that he's stagnated.

Many players study the game by watching other players, game styles and teams to get an edge whereas Wingard has said himself that he watches no football on TV because he no real passion for football and just loves watching the NBA.

Essentially the only exposure he would get to football is at training and gameday.

Clearly the game to him is a job rather than a passion.

I liked Richmond supporters more when the Tigers were crap. Now theyre cocky, poor judges of football.
What's weird is they are continually still painting themselves as the underdogs, the umpires are screwing them etc, but then start saying cocky s**t with their "backtoback" hashtags and claiming they're not even playing their best football.

I don't understand why Ollie Wines has been decreed next Port captain.

He has very little few leadership attributes other than a bit of a Nathan Buckley look about him.

Two shots to win the game and missed both.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Because that's how you get them to stay. Worked for boak too

I'm actually not surprised that he's stagnated.

Many players study the game by watching other players, game styles and teams to get an edge whereas Wingard has said himself that he watches no football on TV because he no real passion for football and just loves watching the NBA.

Essentially the only exposure he would get to football is at training and gameday.

Clearly the game to him is a job rather than a passion.
Well it's only a hobby for supporters who follow it for their whole lives.....

Dees still a dangerous team and won convincingly again this but might be in a little trouble without their full back.
Now this is a sad sight, former ‘promising’ :D crow Myke Cook getting disrespected firstly by this North Melbourne youngster Will Walker & then the 7VFL Twitter account which spelled his name wrong

His full given name is Michael John Kileen Cook. Mike or Myke is short for Michael.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back