Opinion 2018 Non-Crows Discussion - Part 2: Tom Doedee, Rising Star Nominee & Port's New Major Sponsor

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll still watch Crows games but it's come to the point where I won't watch anything else. The low-standard and/or one-sided affairs are beyond boring. Not helped by the over-umpiring, protection and favouritism of certain players/teams and the rolling maul. I was hoping it wouldn't come to that as I used to follow the game religiously and watch as many games as possible but I just can't stomach it anymore.
Yep I’m the same. Umpiring has ruined it for me mainly.

Nah.

Just had enough of tribalism

Were south Australians and the Victorians are phuqing cheats

The enemy of your enemy is your friend

This game is based on tribalism.
Obviously you never went to Victoria Park or Alberton when the feral's were in full voice and calling for blood.
Sure I hate the unfairness of this competition and how we are always pushing sh*t uphill.
The dices are loaded but what do you do?

That doesn't stop the fact that they hate us and we hate them and that's just the way is...that's football. You can't serve two masters.

Can anyone tell me what we got for Henderson?

I thought he was a delisted FA?

So basically less than a
man_file_1113055_halfemptybagofchips1.gif

Yep I’m the same. Umpiring has ruined it for me mainly.

I still get sucked into non-Crows games but bloody hell the umpiring inconsistencies do my head in.

The umpires often have a significant impact on games - the home town bias, the ridiculous 'pick your own adventure' when it comes to the holding the ball rules, different interpretations of 'advantage' after a free kick, the guessing to pay a free kick in 1v1 marking contests (ala Hurley v Martin tonight).

Makes some games very hard to watch and I could see myself losing interest without my Crows obsession.

The Eagles could end up winning by 100 here but I reckon the Saints are a sneaky chance. They're messed up a few chances but are running their arses off.

(why does this fancy new Optus Stadium not even let fans sit at ground level? I don't get it - a better view from up there? Got that same weird vibe as Kardina Park in that regard)

Eagles took the last quarter off and almost got rolled.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Afl have spread the talent too thin, this is meant to be the elite national competition not every tom dick and harry can get a game.

4 maybe even 6 teams too many. That would be sixty plus of the best players put into the remaining 12 teams pushing the worse 5 or 6 players out. s**t we might even drop MacKay if that happened.

Would solve so many problems -
Not as many top quality umps required.
Vic sides would travel more often.
Play each side twice in a season.
Less shitty games in shitty time slots.

There's bad umpiring and then there's biased/bordering on cheating umpiring. Maybe it's always been like this. In my 20's I was so naive (or drunk) that I thought it was the greatest, cleanest, fairest competition in the world. How wrong was I. I never in my wildest dreams believed that "bad" (biased) umpiring could influence the result of a final. Too be honest, now I think about it my interest in the game started heading South after the 2012 prelim final.

The VFL is lucky all the non Vic clubs involved with showdowns/derbies etc are so fixated on each other that they never look at the competition they are playing in an how blatantly unfair and Vic weighted it is. Divide and conquer.

There's bad umpiring and then there's biased/bordering on cheating umpiring. Maybe it's always been like this. In my 20's I was so naive (or drunk) that I thought it was the greatest, cleanest, fairest competition in the world. How wrong was I. I never in my wildest dreams believed that "bad" (biased) umpiring could influence the result of a final. Too be honest, now I think about it my interest in the game started heading South after the 2012 prelim final.

The VFL is lucky all the non Vic clubs involved with showdowns/derbies etc are so fixated on each other that they never look at the competition they are playing in an how blatantly unfair and Vic weighted it is. Divide and conquer.
I doubt I’ve ever been so angry at a football game, that 2012 PF. Cheating scum.

The Port board is hilarious - the Ken Hinkley thread a classic. If it continues watch membership no. drop off.

Interesting that their defensive style is seen as the problem - Bassets influence who has bought the boring slow play to the club (much like he did at Norwood - a cure for insomnia and yes he won flags but made the game boring).

The 2012 prelim was the beginning of the poisoning of my love for the game. I still love the club, but how can I love a competition that is so blatantly one sided in so many aspects, or even be passionate about it? Following that, and a few more years of the same tired narrative of desired outcomes, the 2016 Grand Final sealed it for me. As I’ve said elsewhere if I were a Swans fan I’d just about have given it away after that.

The AFL’s new tagline, presumably inspired by their self proclaimed ‘fairytale’ premiership wins in recent years is ‘don’t believe in never’. Well, I barrack for a really strong club - been that way for years. Thing is though, there is so damn much for my club to overcome to win a flag that Victorian clubs simply don’t have to even consider. As it turns out, it actually makes a difference as to who wins the premiership - Who’d have thought?

This is the way the league prefers it, and I hope I’m wrong, but I am starting to believe pretty firmly in never.

Last edited:
Got what thet deserve IMO.

Didn’t have the balls to draft him, just poach him when it seemed he was past that problem.

And look at the hole that’s going to leave in the salary cap now with no return.
Mind you were way worse off
Tex, Brad, Sloane, McGovern. Smith. That’s a lot of coin going out with no return.

Last edited:
Now this is a sad sight, former ‘promising’ :D crow Myke Cook getting disrespected firstly by this North Melbourne youngster Will Walker & then the 7VFL Twitter account which spelled his name wrong

Will is a good young bloke, wouldn't expect anything less than that. Apparently Crows very interested in him last year.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back