Opinion 2018 Non-Crows Discussion - Part 3: Everybody Hurts by R.E.M is our new club theme song

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
Port supporters are melting on their board because Cornflakes subtlety suggested that Gray was more focused on getting a free kick than trying to protect himself.

I called it this morning after seeing the various camera angles, Thomas is definitely on the money.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Kenny Dee

All Australian
Aug 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think the Freo guy deserves 1-2 games because he unnecessarily slung Gray to the ground when the ball had spilt free and the tackle was over the boundary line. Having said that, Gray just seemed to go limp and tried the old hooking the other players arm and using the tackles initial momentum to get a free kick. He didn’t bank on the guy actually trying to dump him and as such, did absolutely nothing to protect himself. Had he tried to stand up in the tackle and brace himself, I don’t think the Freo guy has the strength to dump him like that, and he likely walks away fine.
100% agree

subaru

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bay 13: Flog of the Year
Nov 14, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
Another. Bickley on 5aa said Port have not played 1 debutante this year

The future
Lol
Kenny wouldn’t know how to develope young players
Draftees should be shattered if this club picks them up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another. Bickley on 5aa said Port have not played 1 debutante this year

The future
Not surprising given they recruited in Watts, Motlop, Rockliff, Trengove, McKenzie, Trengove & Thomas... Particularly the last 3 fringe types who you would normally bring in a younger player rather than an older non-best 22 player.

Did the AFL schedule so many s**t-truck games, especially Friday nights, so they could push their agenda about the zones?
No, they just didn't foresee Carlton would really be this crap.

They also got sucked into Bolton's BS that they would improve.

Bottom teams should not be playing Friday night. Simples.

mtbkym

All Australian
Jun 5, 2016
South
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Chelsea, Canucks, Cubbies
Not surprising given they recruited in Watts, Motlop, Rockliff, Trengove, McKenzie, Trengove & Thomas... Particularly the last 3 fringe types who you would normally bring in a younger player rather than an older non-best 22 player.
They brought those fringe players in to win a Sanfl premiership, hows that working out for them

Shaz2012

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
No, they just didn't foresee Carlton would really be this crap.

They also got sucked into Bolton's BS that they would improve.

Bottom teams should not be playing Friday night. Simples.

Makes me feel like we are being harsh on Burton and Haas. Accountability is zero in this industry.

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Those fringe players were recruited for the Port Power SANFL reserve side......and they are set to miss out on the finals.

Makes me feel like we are being harsh on Burton and Haas. Accountability is zero in this industry.
No, we should hold Burton & Hass to account!

Just because other teams don't, doesn't mean we follow their doing. We don't want to follow Carlton's lead.

May 25, 2009
Back in S.A.
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Haha, Bickley just said that Dixon is second in the AFL for players who are directed the ball, Ben Brown is first and leads the goal kicking. Dixon is 45th. Dixon is ranked 10th from the top 10 for retaining the ball. The guy has had one decent season, what a waste of money
They've been looking for that key forward missing piece of the puzzle for a while now. Traded in Ryder for that role then realised he was a ruck, then got Dixon who hasn't been what they hoped for either.

If only there had been a talented forward available in last years draft at their first round pick, who they could have developed into that player...

561551-tlslargeportrait.jpg

Shaz2012

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
No, we should hold Burton & Hass to account!

Just because other teams don't, doesn't mean we follow their doing. We don't want to follow Carlton's lead.

It was a joke. Of course I want to hold them to account. Was just pointing out that not seeing that Carlton is crap and putting them in prime time games in a billion dollar tv deal is even worse than letting an unqualified hack run a $12m team of footy assets into the ground.

It was a joke. Of course I want to hold them to account. Was just pointing out that not seeing that Carlton is crap and putting them in prime time games in a billion dollar tv deal is even worse than letting an unqualified hack run a $12m team of footy assets into the ground.
For me personally, the damage Burton & Co cooking our season is far worse than watching more movies on Friday night because of a boring game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back