Opinion 2018 Non-Crows Discussion - Part 3: Everybody Hurts by R.E.M is our new club theme song

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant most....have you not seen the list of the Carlton players that left, you can build a premiership team around them with the current A graders on the Carlton list.....hell even Robinson is playing good football at Brisbane.
Ah I see you were about Carlton and I agree 100%

I actually like SoS getting into Caro and basically saying she marks up stories. She had no answers.That Melbourne media is as low as they come.

Apologies to Reid, I was too harsh on him with his dealings with Carlton.

SOS, what an absolute buffoon.

How do these people get such important roles within clubs (we are just as bad with Burton)

Obviously been mates with those in power is alot more important than qualifications, experience and skill, staggering in a professional competition.

Apologies to Reid, I was too harsh on him with his dealings with Carlton.

SOS, what an absolute buffoon.

How do these people get such important roles within clubs (we are just as bad with Burton)

Obviously been mates with those in power is alot more important than qualifications, experience and skill, staggering in a professional competition.
I reckon he got it because he would have told them he can get a heap of GWS players, he just never mentioned they were the average to s**t ones.

And he will try and bend us over, it’s going to cost too much

An untried player is never worth three 1sts and IMO that is what SOS will ask for. #soslogic

If a 29year old Gibbs is worth two firsts, heaven help us when we try and go after pick 1.

What a w***er "do we have pick one"

No, you arrogant tosser you have one win for the season and you're 2 games plus percentage below 17th.

What a tool.

Irony of your comment is that thats the only credible win they had for the year, ie Pick 1. :p

An untried player is never worth three 1sts and IMO that is what SOS will ask for. #soslogic

If a 29year old Gibbs is worth two firsts, heaven help us when we try and go after pick 1.

We shouldn't even make contact with him, try dealing with the GC, Saints or Brisbane if we are keen to grab one of the top SA lads.

The best thing about the SOS interview is confirmation that they want players and #1 is on the table.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
I heard it the other way. To me it seemed like he was paying lip service to trading out pick 1. SOS loves nothing better than taking early picks to the draft.
They wont trade it.

How does a thread get to 23 pages on a single game in a league they don't care about? Can't wait to get flogged in a national reserves comp...

Are we inside their heads again?

What a w***er "do we have pick one"

No, you arrogant tosser you have one win for the season and you're 2 games plus percentage below 17th.

What a tool.
Tanking. Bring on the draft concessions!!

That interview has made it likely that Sos did storm out of the coffee shop.

We would have gone back to Gibbs and said sorry mate, Sos has cracked the sooks and is refusing to talk to us.... if we make it public it may force his hand? Pitty he seems like a stubborn "^&*.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard it the other way. To me it seemed like he was paying lip service to trading out pick 1. SOS loves nothing better than taking early picks to the draft.
They wont trade it.
This is their problem. They keep bringing in great players and turning them into crap.

Carlton need to stop building their list and start building their culture.
It sounds a bit stupid but they need to start bringing in senior players from other clubs.

They need the Luke Hodges and Jordan Lewises of the world. If Jarryd Roughead is up for grabs they should recruit him, and put a premium on draftees and recruits that are hard as nails and have great work ethic.

If they keep doing what they are doing now they will keep being terrible.

Build a culture first, then build a list.

Edit: I meant Jarryd Roughead, not Jordan! Late night posts never work out well!

Last edited:
This is their problem. They keep bringing in great players and turning them into crap.

Carlton need to stop building their list and start building their culture.
It sounds a bit stupid but they need to start bringing in senior players from other clubs.

They need the Luke Hodges and Jordan Lewises of the world. If Jordan Roughead is up for grabs they should recruit him, and put a premium on draftees and recruits that are hard as nails and have great work ethic.

If they keep doing what they are doing now they will keep being terrible.

Build a culture first, then build a list.

Step 1 of master plan: Announce 5 year rebuild
Step 2: Make it known that 40 of the 44 players on your list are s**t and will be turned over in the next 5 years
Step 3: Scratch your heads as to why your players don’t give a s**t and are just phoning it in.

That mention back a bit 8,13 Gallucci is way too much.
Being that Draftees are a crapshoot Gallucci has increased his value beyond his pick 13 IMO. He’s shown he’ll develop into a good player.

If we traded him now on his own what would we take?

That mention back a bit 8,13 Gallucci is way too much.
Being that Draftees are a crapshoot Gallucci has increased his value beyond his pick 13 IMO. He’s shown he’ll develop into a good player.

If we traded him now on his own what would we take?
If Gooch was traded out we would get a late second, early third for him.
Hell, if Weitering was traded out by Carltank he would get a late first only at best.

The best thing about the SOS interview is confirmation that they want players and #1 is on the table.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hopefully Reid doesn't fall for putting all his energies into trading with SOS... only for it to fall over.

Hes taught himself to walk and talk like he knows something but thankfully he hasn't fooled his mates.

I’m living in my own bizarro world lately !
I’m liking Brown and Darcy now as well as Hodge , Buckley and Collingwood !

“The one I keep coming back to is Sam Mitchell. It makes sense. They’ve got a relationship already. He is contracted at West Coast for two more seasons.”

Do you see an issue there, McClure? He's pinning Sam Mitchell as going to Carlton as an assistant coach, but then drops that last bit in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back