Opinion 2018 Non-Crows Discussion - Part 3: Everybody Hurts by R.E.M is our new club theme song

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Port have always been a bit dodgy with concussion calls.

One of the worst things I've seen was when Hartlett was knocked out against Hawthorn and they deliberately sent him back on so that they could avoid the 15 minute concussion protocol.

Then at half time they spoke to him and and he slurring his words and nothing he was said made any sense at all. It was blatantly clear that he was severely concussed yet was sent back out on the field.

Hilariously Port then tried to argue that he had passed the concussion test :drunk::D
Pretty much every club gives their players the week off after concussion these days, it should be mandatory

Pretty much every club gives their players the week off after concussion these days, it should be mandatory

Not at Port.

After what happened with Hartlett in 2016 against Hawthorn I am actually shocked that they didn't sent Gray back on the field :D

Port has been fined twice, from memory, about not adhering to the correct concussion protocol. Just from looking in from the outside, they and Geelong seem to be the ones who try to not adhere to the protocol, especially in respect to certain players.

Interesting too that every other news publication had a major article about the fine for Hartlett whereas from memory there was a 5 line article in The Advertiser from Rucci, "NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!!"

5AA saying Robbie Gray will play . Ticks all the boxes. Do any of their player ever miss a game with concussion?

If he was out cold last week there’s no way he should play.
I’ll be astounded if he plays a good game if he was genuinely concussed only 7 days before

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a random thought, all through my football life from following to playing to coaching it was ' we are not rugby'

My random thought is with the push into rugby states are we deliberately or unconsciously heading to a rugby hybrid? Dropping the ball , rolling mauls, kicking the ball forward - all seem rugbyish to me

From footywire via Mitch Cleary at AFL.com.au

The full price of recruiting Patrick Dangerfield, Lachie Henderson, Gary Ablett and Zach Tuohy will be realised at the end of 2018, with Geelong preparing to be hamstrung in future trading scenarios.

Having not taken a single first-round pick since 2014, the Cats will be forced to activate two first-round selections over the next two drafts to adhere to new AFL rules.

The AFL this week confirmed to AFL.com.au that unless a club has acquired two first-round picks between 2015-2018, it cannot trade away its first-round selection for 2019.

The full price of recruiting Patrick Dangerfield, Lachie Henderson, Gary Ablett and Zach Tuohy will be realised at the end of 2018, with Geelong preparing to be hamstrung in future trading scenarios.

Having not taken a single first-round pick since 2014, the Cats will be forced to activate two first-round selections over the next two drafts to adhere to new AFL rules.

The AFL this week confirmed to AFL.com.au that unless a club has acquired two first-round picks between 2015-2018, it cannot trade away its first-round selection for 2019.
Didn’t they say that last year?

Caro had and interesting discussion about some of the EPP’s being pushed and that the AFL didn’t tick off on one for Ablett from Costa’s company. I really wish a journo would investigate these thoroughly.

Caro had and interesting discussion about some of the EPP’s being pushed and that the AFL didn’t tick off on one for Ablett from Costa’s company. I really wish a journo would investigate these thoroughly.
Irony is that Costa famously stood up to the collection boys and Gary walks in asking for his brown paper bag and Frank just hands it over :D

Sorry, but you cant tell me the brown paper bags are out in full force in Melbourne. Clubs just sign as many stars as they can as though there is no salary cap.
Its ludicrous.
The deals may not be during their playing career. Whats to stop say Costa signing Paddy to a 5 yr million per year contract as an "ambassador" for 1 of his companies after retirement. Because the deal isnt while he is playing, its all above board.

Sorry, but you cant tell me the brown paper bags are out in full force in Melbourne. Clubs just sign as many stars as they can as though there is no salary cap.
Its ludicrous.
The deals may not be during their playing career. Whats to stop say Costa signing Paddy to a 5 yr million per year contract as an "ambassador" for 1 of his companies after retirement. Because the deal isnt while he is playing, its all above board.
It’s not just the extra deals from sponsors etc. I believe 4 out of 5 of the “AFL Ambassadors” are from Melbourne clubs......extra cash......from the unbiased AFL to grow the game in a marginalised state???

Does anyone have a definitive list of who exactly these ambassadors are?

Phwoar, such harsh penalties! They are forced to take their first round pick if they break the rules! Woah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back