Opinion 2018 Non-Crows Discussion - Part 3: Everybody Hurts by R.E.M is our new club theme song

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me have they changed the rules? I thought if you brought in a free agent you lost your compensation for the free agent leaving?? (Tom Lynch)

Not sure why Gold Coast would want GHS, but if they did they would trade for him with a late pick...unless they are going to force a trade for Lynch, which seem unlikely they would do better than pick #3.

Tell me have they changed the rules? I thought if you brought in a free agent you lost your compensation for the free agent leaving?? (Tom Lynch)

I think your compensation gets adjusted based on the tiers of each player. I don't think it's a straight loss of picks, and knowing the AFL they make this s**t up as they go anyway.

Plus if Gold Coast's compensation was ever in doubt they'd trade for GHS (who sucks, why would they want him?)

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
Not sure why Gold Coast would want GHS, but if they did they would trade for him with a late pick...unless they are going to force a trade for Lynch, which seem unlikely they would do better than pick #3.
Yeah, it would be a hard job picking the winner of a 100m sprint between Lyons and Horlin-Smith, don't think Usain Bolt's got too much to worry about.

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
Knowing full well that this will probably get me banned for life...because I’m a Glenelg member I tended to follow the fortunes of...Richmond:drunk::huh:

Not closely I quickly add. Just enough to want them to win a flag..

Oh my god...what have I done...
Yep... i’ll put my hand up and admit that I too was a richmond fan as a young lad before the crows were created..

Was a mad keen glenelg supporter. even had the big black duffle coat with Ross Gibbs number 4 in it (if I remember that right??) and the primary school had the black and yellow sash guernsey... so I played primary school footy in that..

Was black and yellow through and through!.. so it was only natural I followed Richmond too..

Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NY Yankees, Glenelg Adelaide Giants
Yep... i’ll put my hand up and admit that I too was a richmond fan as a young lad before the crows were created..

Was a mad keen glenelg supporter. even had the big black duffle coat with Ross Gibbs number 4 in it (if I remember that right??) and the primary school had the black and yellow sash guernsey... so I played primary school footy in that..

Was black and yellow through and through!.. so it was only natural I followed Richmond too..

I had Scott Salisbury, number 36 on mine

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
I think your compensation gets adjusted based on the tiers of each player. I don't think it's a straight loss of picks, and knowing the AFL they make this s**t up as they go anyway.

Plus if Gold Coast's compensation was ever in doubt they'd trade for GHS (who sucks, why would they want him?)
Everyone is still assuming that the suns will simply take the compo pick for lynch.. what if they have no intention of doing that whatsoever.. what if lynch goes and does a Dangerfield and says “I want to go here (insert team) and in the interest of the team and winning premierships blah, blah, blah I only want 800k a year”... not outside the realms of possibility.... and if so, does that even get the suns a pick straight after their first so they would be forced to match to get something better than end of first round...

Last edited:
Surely GHS becomes a delisted free agent anyway.
Most likely.

If GC were keen to get him sooner, they could easily send the Cats a late pick. Their current 6th pick is #46, which is likely to be pushed back to their 7th when they get #3 compo... then even more if they trade May.

Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Most likely.

If GC were keen to get him sooner, they could easily send the Cats a late pick. Their current 6th pick is #46, which is likely to be pushed back to their 7th when they get #3 compo... then even more if they trade May.
While it's a late pick as far as Suns are concerned, that's massive overs. Geelong make out like bandits.

While it's a late pick as far as Suns are concerned, that's massive overs. Geelong make out like bandits.
Don't disagree... but they may not care if no intention to use that pick & just want the player.

They could ask the Cats to send back next year's 4th rounder.

Bay62

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide

IIRC Ross Gibbs no 2, Stephen Kernahan no 4

Bryce was no 4 at Carlton. Couldn’t get the no 2 so Sticks gave him his no

Ah the good old days

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
IIRC Ross Gibbs no 2, Stephen Kernahan no 4

Bryce was no 4 at Carlton. Couldn’t get the no 2 so Sticks gave him his no

Ah the good old days
Had a soft spot for Glenelg in my youth, I had mates whose family were huge Glenelg supporters and when they won flags there were some great parties. Good times in the mid 80’s

Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NY Yankees, Glenelg Adelaide Giants
Had a soft spot for Glenelg in my youth, I had mates whose family were huge Glenelg supporters and when they won flags there were some great parties. Good times in the mid 80’s
A great time to be a Glenelg supporter in the mid 80's, been s**t ever lol

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
We all know Janus is a nut job, but he continues to surprise. Apparently the AFL put the bye weeks back by 1 week to spite Port. Yep the AFL those spiteful devils bye objective was to disadvantage one of their clubs, why exactly I’m not sure.
Stating the obvious but they’ve no reason to complain about the early bye or having to play in Ballarat, both are consequences of their CHAAAYYYYNNNA experiment.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
We all know Janus is a nut job, but he continues to surprise. Apparently the AFL put the bye weeks back by 1 week to spite Port. Yep the AFL those spiteful devils bye objective was to disadvantage one of their clubs, why exactly I’m not sure.
The AFL are definitely paving the way for an invasion by the saucer people.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
I like how they are blaming the AFL for the timing of the China game now.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back