Opinion 2018 Non-Crows Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remember when China Southern joined us as a sponsor, was it mentioned that perhaps they were strongly encouraged (by Labor) to sponsor an SA sports team before expanding in SA? Unfortunately for Port by the time it happened they already had a China game partnership with Cathay Pacific, so apparently we got the "scraps" or whatever...

So is it possible that a Chinese company was strongly encouraged to sponsor an SA sports team before expanding their business in the state, but were waiting until the election to see if plans would progress, or it was part of a government project or something.

With Port left waiting to see if they'd go with the post-election offer, or the backup plan.

Either way, if nothing is announced this week they can't deny they didn't have trouble getting a deal done, which is a surprise after they "overtook" us as the biggest club in the state back in 2014 (where is Chris McDermott now?). Something that won't be questioned in the media.

That’s insane

Like the power odd ball trying to suggest a sponsor would back pay for the time they went without a sponsor

Sponsor: "We're interested in sponsoring your footy club David. It looks like you need to find someone, so we'll come in at the right price."
Koch: "Great. We knew you'd love Port Adelaide for being Port Adelaide. Tiny detail ... we're going to backdate the sponsorship to five minutes after Renault left. That will okay won't it? Won't it?"
Sponsor:

Melbourne also announced the other half of their jumper sponsors a couple of months ago. 2 "major" sponsor announcements before Port, one of the most successful teams in the world, and an international brand, have announced 1.

Port supporters would tell us Melbourne are just amateurs at timing announcements for the most exposure and they are patiently waiting, because "it will happen when it happens" and lets not question anything.

From the other board - you can’t honestly believe the level of koolaid - just classical stuff.

We could easily get a replacement for Renault at the level of money Renault was paying.

But you haven't. What happened to 'you get what you deserve'?

We could have easily got a replacement for more money if the AFL had given us a commercially viable deal instead of the handful of nationally televised FTA games we received while shitheel clubs that didn't make finals get 10 games.

So it's the AFL's fault for your non-performance. What happened to 'you get what you deserve'?

The fact that we want to get more money while having a s**t commercial deal means it was always going to take more time to negotiate.

This simply means your President, the self-imposed Guru of Business, has misread the market. Completely.

Not worried in the slightest. It'll get done when it gets done.

So ... "We're holding out for Mr Right (Sponsor)." Port Power should have gone on Married at First Sight, that's what it's starting to sound like.

Do you realise that Infiniti is the luxury brand of Nissan. Nissan is owned by.................Renault. Who sponsored the mob down the road?
No, I did not. I hadn't even heard of Infiniti before seeing that tweet. I'm not sure if that says more about myself or Nissan's marketing though (although I can't remember the last time I even saw a Nissan advert).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't lowering taxes stimulate employment by creating more businesses?

Not just growth of existing ones?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Considering wage stagnation etc that has come with previous business tax cuts in other countries (and ours), I dont think there's any evidence of this.

I'm not saying you don't have incentives that stimulate business growth, but I think tax cuts and trickle down economics are pretty much failures.

Antonov-An-225-UR-82060-landing-at-Shannon-620x350.jpg

The Antonov An-225, biggest plane in the world - the space shuttle used to use it as an Uber

Just like Ollie, it's big and fat and has a lot of Power

225 days until he's out of contract - why hasn't Ollie signed yet?

What school only charges $370 per year, including all the resources for your child for the year?
That's about right for my three primary school kids. There are additional charges for extra curricular activities such as swimming week etc but that is the base fees.

My kids go to Golden Grove PS.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

You got to shake your head at the sponsorship debacle down the road.

When (if) they find another sponsor it will be "well done KT & Kochie for playing hardball to get the millions we deserve"

When in reality it was "please, please be our sponsor" and they keep cutting the price until someone finally agrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back