Opinion 2018 Non-Crows Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we were told they were just about stitched up?

Gather it means it fell through & they are trying to get a new one.
Could be for a couple of reasons
1- the reason you mention,
2- no money or bugger all money in the deal and its best to wait until the season starts a very good distraction to steer poeple away from asking how much.
3- they are just not attractive to sponsors.

Take your pick.

And to all the Port supporter waiting to comment remember this your own making,

On a serious note, Port's sponsorship is a non issue and really just a bit of a joke at our little brother down the road (and to stir up the numpty fanbois on their board), how come no commercial enterprise sponsors the "Adelaide 500"?

We are told it is the second best round on the V8 circuit, yet it has no naming sponsor and I believe the State government has made up the shortfall. This includes having Robbie Williams come here.

I am surprised little is made of this.

Don't get me wrong the event is great and a good money earner for our State. But why can't it attract real coporate support to alleviate the costs in putting it on?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

On a serious note, Port's sponsorship is a non issue

No it's not. It's a massive issue for Port and they'd rightly be panicking at the moment. They're already in a poor financial position, having made practically no dent in the huge losses they posted between 2007 and 2014, and now they can't even recoup any money through a major sponsor despite their push into China which they claimed at the time would be a financial boon for the club. They're in big trouble.

No it's not. It's a massive issue for Port and they'd rightly be panicking at the moment. They're already in a poor financial position, having made practically no dent in the huge losses they posted between 2007 and 2014, and now they can't even recoup any money through a major sponsor despite their push into China which they claimed at the time would be a financial boon for the club. They're in big trouble.
In the scheme if things it is little more than amusement for us. No real issue.

As I posted yesterday our club is no longer leveraged against their financial failures, as we were when the SANFL held both licences. How they go financially is no more relevant to us than the AFL funding the Gold Coast Suns to the tune if $25m. Hence the Suns will always be sent to Shanghai.

But the angst among their supporters is the fun.

Was listening to Fiveaa this afternoon and I'm not kidding but Bicks and Rowe rated the new Port leadership group as possibly the best in the comp.

Then they proceeded to mention other players that could be there such as Wingard and Hombsch insisted that they too could slot in without fuss.

Mentioned that due to Ports fantastic culture Dixon and now Rockliff now demand a spot on that leadership group!

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk
I wonder if the reasoning behind this quite misplaced optimism is the undoubted crap power supporters will feel should they inevitably fall short... again? Of course, it could also be an AFL directive to "build them up".

You mean they've sent another one broke at just the thought of being their sponsor ?

One of them is saying it's Coles.

Please be true

Down down and the big red hand .....there's a billion lols in that already !
View attachment 458013

Casey Donovan ....
View attachment 458016

There's the end of all the fat women jokes !
She's singing all the way to the bank, baby. casey_donovan_instagram.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lovey, that is SO last year (and after We Will Rock you finished). She WAS an uber driver for a minute... then she went into the Jungle and, I dunno, won the whole damn thing, which re-ignited her marketability. Coles snapped her up (thank you very much) and she's finally been included in main-stream events like the big Carol show from Melbourne, the new years eve concert, the Australia Day concert.... now she's headlining Vibesfest. She's got irons in the fire at Capitol Records and Nashville... everything is finally falling into place for her. About time too...

A word of warning to those attending the Cold Chisel Friday night concert for the "Adelaide 500".

Casey Chambers is the support act.

You have plenty of time to get from your track position or pub to the concert to see Chisel and you don't want your ears damaged.

A word of warning to those attending the Cold Chisel Friday night concert for the "Adelaide 500".

Casey Chambers is the support act.

You have plenty of time to get from your track position or pub to the concert to see Chisel and you don't want your ears damaged.

Is she not pretty enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back