Opinion 2018 Non-Crows Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any truth to the rumour that they had to get some tarps in for the back section of seats?
Just for Kochie's cult.

We are awesome despite everyone being against us.

China will help us conquer the world financially, but we are still seeking a major sponsor.

Ken is the best coach, just not against a top 8 team.

We have great leaders, despite 2 ringins having issues at their previous club.

Long live the Kochie creed...

To be honest, I'm actually finding the lack of noise from our side to be a bit refreshing. Lots of teams having their intraclub today, it's all "he's gonna be a gun" "Rookie X is a gonna play round 1", just a bunch of useless noise and transparent hype that means nothing. So far we've had 3 different answers to Jake Stringer playing as a midfielder by 3 different people at the Bombers, then he's gonna be like Dustin Martin this year. People get all excited about a player moving to the midfield and don't even think "it's an intra-club, maybe they're there to make up the numbers?".

It’s months away, so said KT
March 29 look over here season start
April 25 look Anzac Day
May 30 hey concentrate on the fact we are 4-2
June 30 due to financial year we will focus on bringing in a quality sponsor for 2019

Last edited:
Would’ve thought it was the perfect time to announce it.........
Sure would, but that would require the sponsor to be signed.

At this rate, the new major sponsor will be their finals sponsor...

You’d think companies would be chomping at the bit with their China juggernaut :p
Perhaps the Feds should have delayed the sale of the Kidman property. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way some of them talk, it’s as if they are 95% millennials born this side of the year 2000 but their demographic doesn’t look very different to ours.
I've been to some port games. I go to ours. There is no difference in average age, only in socio economic status

Is that the only evidence I used? Name one club in the history of the AFL that has dropped a player because they knew he was leaving and decided to go into a finals campaign with inexperienced kids preparing for the next year?
To be fair, it does sound like something Port would do.

Sure would, but that would require the sponsor to be signed.

At this rate, the new major sponsor will be their finals sponsor...
Surely Ch7 or the state gov have to step in soon before it becomes too embarrassing...

"MKR now major sponsor of Port Adelaide FC for home games that aren't really home games in China. Very exciting, and we will be having a we will be having an eat take away Chinese on the couch and drink RTDs round of MKR to celebrate"

*total major sponsorship cost: 1 free springroll for all members on entry to the game in China

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back