Opinion 2018 Non-Crows Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaron Francis on personal leave away from Essendon.

Hmmm. I feel a lot of concern for this lad.
Interesting, given he wanted a trade home last year. Could be a cheap pickup at the end of this year.

We did... but we then overpaid massively when we landed Gibbs. Swings & roundabouts.

Equivalent of a mid first and mid 3rd isn't overpaying massively. And that's before you factor an improved position in a reportedly better draft You could only think that if you didn't read past a five word headline.

All I'm suggesting is by his actions he is seeming more and more like a player that cannot meet the demands of being an AFL footballer for whatever reason.
You may have been better using Troy Menzel as an example

That aside could have been an expensive mistake by the Crows if we'd ponied up for his services..

Obviously the club knew more than our supporters that were keen when they showed little interest.

Apparently we were well into him and I do recall listening to Reid saying we were talking to Ess about him but they wanted a first for him and we said no.

Kids got to get his head right.

It just sounds like after losing a close family member (his brother) followed by leaving for Melbourne, has been a bit much for the kid. Everyone reacts differently to situations of loss.
Of course he could just be a slack arse. Highly unlikely from a ranga, as they usually know from an early age they can’t get by on looks alone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Francis scenario is the reason why we shouldn't be so overly abusive of players out of form. Who knows what kind of severe stress they're dealing with behind the scenes? A close family member death or suffering from a serious illness, are just a few reasons that can trigger a mental breakdown for anyone, let alone just footballers.

71894x3Q.jpg

Support local businesses, like this patisserie

Ollie likes cakes

Why hasn't Ollie signed?

Only 259 days to go

It would be cruel if Ollie were to sign a contract before 119 Days to go

my most anticipated post of the year

coming, Wedensday July 4th 2018

So both Blight ....... He’ll cop almighty hell ......Port have completely lost their way under Koch and Hinkley. This won’t end well.

I don't think he'll cop anything, especially not from the Portvertiser or 5doublekochead. When he's forced to veer away from what he's said at the convention, he'll be revered as a versatile genius, ...especially when he sends Westhoff back.

Farmer Stinkley's sermon to the great unwashed was akin to the angry emotive ravings you see on the Port board pre-Showdown games.

No respect for the opponent, full of bravado and hubris.

Never change Port. ;)
Exactly. They were going to smash the Crows because Port had way more talent and their midfield is the best in the known cosmos, and the fat bros were gonna smash everyone and Charlie was gonna smash everyone and they couldn't wait for SPPSSPSSPSS to smash someone and Crows can't sustain .......phoaaaar puff puff.......something something ...something else.

5 games in a row that was gonna happen.

BAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back