Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
I sure hope AFL House don't decide to double down on their investment by throwing a bucketload of cash at Clarkson to coach them. No one else would be getting a look in at the premiership for a while if he was coaching a team that stacked with talent.

Though it would be interesting to see if he would find it as easy without the safety net of the MCG come grand final day. People forget that his team came very, very close to losing 2 of the 3 prelims during their 3peat, as well as their 2012 prelim. A bit of luck the other way and history could easily regard him as a 'choker' rather than a master coach despite him doing nothing differently.

It will be interesting to see what they do. I think GWS represents less of an issue than GC in terms of being a perennial money pit. However, they still want GWS to do well, really well, but I suspect there's a lot of pressure from the Vic power bases to keep GWS from benefiting too much more than what they already have in terms of on field help. That said, bottom line is that if the pieces lined up, I'm very confident that the AFL would fall over themselves to help get a quality coach like Clarko to GWS.

BTW, good observation on Clarko. Either way you cut it you've got to rate him as a coach but, as you indicate, you could argue there's only a handful of moments between what Carkson achieved and what say Lyon has done being reversed.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yyou

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NY Mets, NO Pelicans, Toronto Leafs
No more west coast games at Etihad/Marvel
I hate when the scum are near my home
Go Hawks!