2018 non-freo nonsense (aka discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would anyone think it's strange that the pies players would resent Mayne , especially the younger guys who are playing in the ones. Who wouldn't ? If it was your work wouldn't you if the company brought some bloke in who was useless at his job but on twice the money ?
Nice bloke apparently but this is the AFL you can't pay your way by putting on a clown suit and visiting kids hospitals. Hard to walk away from that sort of money but it won't do him any favours in the long run to be the laughing stock of the AFL for the next 3 years

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's a team sport, last time I looked. I rate D Pearce almost as low as anyone, but I'm not going to be happy seeing one of our other players bagging him on the field in an intraclub, especially if it was some other fringe player. It's a recipe for disaster. Mayne's no different

It's a team sport, last time I looked. I rate D Pearce almost as low as anyone, but I'm not going to be happy seeing one of our other players bagging him on the field in an intraclub, especially if it was some other fringe player. It's a recipe for disaster. Mayne's no different

Daniel has been a long time servant and has at least played some OK footy in the past and would have lots of mates and good relationships within the club. Mayne a parachuted in free agent on big bucks who couldn't even get a kick in the VFL last year ........totally different story
Plus intra club games are powder kegs of emotion at the best of times there is ALWAYS a blue
Wasn't someone saying Tabs and Fyfe were getting into it in a practice game last week

Last edited:

Why would anyone think it's strange that the pies players would resent Mayne , especially the younger guys who are playing in the ones. Who wouldn't ? If it was your work wouldn't you if the company brought some bloke in who was useless at his job but on twice the money ?
Nice bloke apparently but this is the AFL you can't pay your way by putting on a clown suit and visiting kids hospitals. Hard to walk away from that sort of money but it won't do him any favours in the long run to be the laughing stock of the AFL for the next 3 years

giphy.gif

Maybe because Mayne is a human? No one deserves that treatment. It's one thing to not rate him as a player/teammate, but verbal insults and belittling him is an absolute joke.

Let's put it this way, someone you love, like your partner or your parents. They're in Mayne's situation and you literally see a loved one practically being bullied and belittled at work, it's on their minds outside of work too. The fans pick up on it and get involved too. Do you still think it's ok?

I don't rate Sutcliffe in even the slightest way, but I'd be shattered if we was copping the same treatment, it's disgusting and immature.

'Fair enough' is not good enough. Treat him with respect and actually try to him him grow as a player. Collingwood are f***ing pathetic and unprofessional in so many ways.

Maybe because Mayne is a human? No one deserves that treatment. It's one thing to not rate him as a player/teammate, but verbal insults and belittling him is an absolute joke.

Let's put it this way, someone you love, like your partner or your parents. They're in Mayne's situation and you literally see a loved one practically being bullied and belittled at work, it's on their minds outside of work too. The fans pick up on it and get involved too. Do you still think it's ok?

I don't rate Sutcliffe in even the slightest way, but I'd be shattered if we was copping the same treatment, it's disgusting and immature.

'Fair enough' is not good enough. Treat him with respect and actually try to him him grow as a player. Collingwood are f***ing pathetic and unprofessional in so many ways.[/

You can wish upon as many shooting stars as you want groups of young , testosterone driven men are cruel at the best of times let alone throw money , fame and the typical alpha male ,competitive environment of an AFL club
I've been in Maynes position myself as a underperforming high ( relative to the level ) paid recruit and if you take the money there is an expectation to perform , if you don't it's human nature that the goodwill just evaporates even with a coach who wanted you there.

Suttcliffe is not a relevant example for Maynes situation

Try Sylvia and you would be getting warmer

Have a lot of mates from his Freo days Colin would he ?

If it was a loved one I would give them the same advice as Mayne time to move on money isn't everything

In what world could you possibly compare Mayne and Sylvia? Honestly, one busts his arse off everyday and at least tries to contribute to the club. The other one turned up out of shape, basically never bought into the club and got kicked out for being lazy. The fact you can defend Collingwood is actually disturbing

I don't think any of us on here who have seen Mayne's career have any doubt that he has not been giving everything to his new club.

Mayne's recruitment is entirely on the head of the Pies recruiting department. That is who should be getting sledged. As a FA I also imagine that the coach would have had input to the recruitment decision. Mayne would have been brought in to play the role that he has always played. If they imagined they were going to transform him into a goal kicker, then good luck with that.

In what world could you possibly compare Mayne and Sylvia? Honestly, one busts his arse off everyday and at least tries to contribute to the club. The other one turned up out of shape, basically never bought into the club and got kicked out for being lazy. The fact you can defend Collingwood is actually disturbing

I'm not defending Collingwood really , just that with the same set of circumstances albeit strange ones in this case the result would have been pretty much the same no matter which club it was. Sylvia's not a great example but way better than Sutcliffe , if you can think of another player who

The whole football world thought was done besides the bloke who signed off on it

The coach says he never wanted and is under a tonne of pressure himself

Got a 4 year deal on more money than he's worth even on his best days that no- one had seen for 3 years anyway

Is too short , too slow and his one elite skill ( set shots ) had deserted him

Seemingly can't even contribute meaningfully at the lower level anymore so not really providing a whole lot in a mentoring role

If you can think of another player like that be my guest

Nathen Buckley was under a ton of pressure last year got his contract extended and then called Mayne “a mistake “ talk about a dog act !!! Now his players have followed his lead!!! What a football club, they will never succeed under Buckley

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nathen Buckley was under a ton of pressure last year got his contract extended and then called Mayne “a mistake “ talk about a dog act !!! Now his players have followed his lead!!! What a football club, they will never succeed under Buckley
That slammed the door shut on any possible positive outcome.

Can you imagine Ross singling out a guy and calling him a mistake ? No. Because Ross is professional & he has a heart & is smart enough to know that his attitude rubs off on the team. And when you make a statement like that you close the door on somebody who could come good. Buckley is as thick as 2 Eddie's. I can't believe he us still around & would say he is a much larger mistake than Mayne would ever be.

Can you imagine Ross singling out a guy and calling him a mistake ? No. Because Ross is professional & he has a heart & is smart enough to know that his attitude rubs off on the team. And when you make a statement like that you close the door on somebody who could come good. Buckley is as thick as 2 Eddie's. I can't believe he us still around & would say he is a much larger mistake than Mayne would ever be.
ORK5q4I.png

Sylvia was a proved he was a huge mistake in the way he went about it on and off the field and has continued to display his character since.

Chris Mayne on the other hand has been a true professional on and off the field and has character in bucket loads

I for one will always look back with appreciation for what he brought to FFC

Sylvia was a proved he was a huge mistake in the way he went about it on and off the field and has continued to display his character since.

Chris Mayne on the other hand has been a true professional on and off the field and has character in bucket loads

I for one will always look back with appreciation for what he brought to FFC

Bloody oath a second rounder wasn't it

How much is Mayne on? 2 Million over 4 years? That's a lot in real world money yes, but only 100k or so above the average AFL income. He isn't in the millionaire club. Despicable behaviour from the bogan club.

Everyone has people at their jobs they resent or believe to be useless. Still never excuses bullying or highschool behaviour. Sounds like you need to grow up seriously.

If some one isn't working hard enough or pulling their weight, then sure bring it up in a constructive manner. If they make mistakes show them the right way. If you want to be a little s**t you don't deserve to work anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back