Fremantle
futlz1bsdzk11.jpg

Freo should try and recruit Fasolo

Carson Dial

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
The premiership? Would want to sort their forward line out and get mentally stronger in a hurry imo. They choked hard after the initial motivation wore off. Lucky it was only Geelong. No way a WC or Tigers let them get away with that.
They beat The Eagles at Optus a couple of weeks ago and looked the goods to me even then.

Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wimbledon AFC
Sorry. But no. Get off it. Sensational player, knew the game was for entertainment. Greatest indigenous player behind Goodes IMO.

Good on him for showing the passion for his ex- club. Not afraid to show it.
Great player. Loved his celebrations. Not a fan of his dummy spits where he would consistenly give away frees or get himself suspended. Some of his off field stuff was also a bit average. Bit of a wasted tallent in the end. For every game he won off his own back he would lose 1 due to his stupidity.

tonygeeks

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
I suppose AFL is locked in at the SCG for the foreseeable future but it is a crappy game to watch these days it's always greasy and slippery even on fine nights and that missing 15m in length really affects the way the game is played these days more so than the narrower grounds

I never used to dislike watching games there as much 4-5 years ago not sure why it bothers me now , the Swans have never been the entertainers of the comp so I doubt it is just them

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apr 16, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I suppose AFL is locked in at the SCG for the foreseeable future but it is a crappy game to watch these days it's always greasy and slippery even on fine nights and that missing 15m in length really affects the way the game is played these days more so than the narrower grounds

I never used to dislike watching games there as much 4-5 years ago not sure why it bothers me now , the Swans have never been the entertainers of the comp so I doubt it is just them

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
The stupid camera angle really grinds my gears.

its free real estate

it's free real estate
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Farmer had a better career at Melbourne, more career achievements, highlights and a better coach. As much as I enjoyed his time at Freo, I don't think any less of him if he now prefers the Demons.

Marty Whitelaw

All Australian
Aug 27, 2014
Nedlands
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth Falcons, LA Clippers
Bulldogs are nearly done. I guess Subiaco want their monies worth when they buy a team. Bit like Harvey Brunswick back in the 90s.

I used to love WAFL footy but it’s very difficult to muster much enthusiasm these days. Subiaco has such a massive advantage over the other clubs, that it’s pretty much a foregone conclusion that they’re going to win it unless one of the host clubs makes he finals and has an influx of AFL talent available. Though at least Schofield’s dummy spit last year was amusing.

Purpletown

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2014
Restumping
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC Denver Broncos
I used to love WAFL footy but it’s very difficult to muster much enthusiasm these days. Subiaco has such a massive advantage over the other clubs, that it’s pretty much a foregone conclusion that they’re going to win it unless one of the host clubs makes he finals and has an influx of AFL talent available. Though at least Schofield’s dummy spit last year was amusing.

$ubi have played in 12 of the past 16 Grand Finals, have not lost a game in 2018, finished with a percentage of 220, can recruit just about any player they want with their bags of money but the WAFL is stuffed because Peel managed to beat them in the past two Grand Finals.
West Perth went broke this season and most of the other WAFL clubs are operating on a shoestring while Subi are rolling in money. The WAFL needs a major adjustment to even up the competition to enable sides like Perth some chance of competing on an even level.

yyou

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NY Mets, NO Pelicans, Toronto Leafs
https://goo.gl/images/B75HKL

I think the clown in the eagles get up with grey hair played cricket with me at Willo. Could be wrong as he has his face covered
What's the collective noun for a group of west coast fans?
A boo?
A clusterfukk?
I think I'll vote for a thicket as that is the term for a collection of idiots

Marty Whitelaw

All Australian
Aug 27, 2014
Nedlands
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth Falcons, LA Clippers
$ubi have played in 12 of the past 16 Grand Finals, have not lost a game in 2018, finished with a percentage of 220, can recruit just about any player they want with their bags of money but the WAFL is stuffed because Peel managed to beat them in the past two Grand Finals.
West Perth went broke this season and most of the other WAFL clubs are operating on a shoestring while Subi are rolling in money. The WAFL needs a major adjustment to even up the competition to enable sides like Perth some chance of competing on an even level.

Exactly! It’s so far from an even playing field that it’s not funny.

It’s because of this that I’m sceptical about Schofield being a super coach (like some on the Port Adelaide discussion board seem to think he is).

Apr 14, 2018
Just up the street
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC
I heard recently Subiaco have an operating capital of around 4 million, next best is half that and the bottom dwellers are less than a million.

Purpletown

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2014
Restumping
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC Denver Broncos
Subi got pushed out of Subiaco Oval in stages from 1987 when the Eagles joined the then VFL. They extracted a very high price from their "misfortune" to the point they now have enough money to do as they wish against clubs with very very little money. This situation is a blight on the WAFL and has been pushed to the back burner in recent years with Peel beating them in the past two Grand Finals. The West Australian Football Commission lack the means and desire to do something about the situation unfortunately.

For many years prior to 1987 Subi were one of the poor relations of the WAFL and only won 1 flag in 50 odd years and almost went belly up at one stage. They were so stuffed that at WAFL games people used to carry a blanket around inside the boundary and you could throw coins into the blanket to help them out. It was called SOS (Save our Subi) A classic example of careful what you wish for in hindsight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back