Not open for further replies.
Apr 14, 2018
Just up the street
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC
Want to watch cricket on your home smart TV,
I've managed to get around paying Foxtel to watch the cricket, but you need Google Chromecast or you may be able to download a casting app and play it through a smart tv.

In the Google Home app go to your account and click on 'mirror device' and choose the Chromecast device then go into Cricket Australia app and play the cricket and you'll have video and audio full size on your TV. You need to make sure the microphone is enabled for the Google Home app for sound.
Also works with Apple Airplay screen mirroring.

Last edited:

longsuffreosupp

Premiership Player
Jul 10, 2002
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
I've managed to get around paying Foxtel to watch the cricket, but you need Google Chromecast or you may be able to download a casting app and play it through a smart tv.

In the Google Home app go to your account and click on 'mirror device' and choose the Chromecast device then go into Cricket Australia app and play the cricket and you'll have video and audio full size on your TV. You need to make sure the microphone is enabled for the Google Home app for sound.

It's bizarre that Fox have paid all this money, and there's a few sources to stream free from. At least the AFL and A-league you need to be a telstra customer to get their free app.

It's bizarre that Fox have paid all this money, and there's a few sources to stream free from. At least the AFL and A-league you need to be a telstra customer to get their free app.
pretty sure this is only available until they get their own streaming service for sports up and running

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle

We use an Amazon Firestick. Gives us similar stuff, depending on the internet speed (poor here).

Apr 16, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Speaking of Foxtel... anyone checked out Kayo Sports yet?

It's still part of Foxtel. But it's basically Netflix for sport. $25 a month will give you all AFL games in HD plus heaps of other sport. (Two con-current streams allowed so thinking of splitting the cost with my sister so only paying $12.50 a month).

It's in beta stage at the moment so they don't have an app yet. But I've ran it through the browser on my phone and easily chromecasted it to my TV.

I'm doing the 14 day trial at the moment. Seems pretty good, bit disappointed they don't seem to have the whole 2018 season on demand. Can only find the last 7 Freo games.

MadDocker

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Will scrap Foxtel and get this Kayo Sport 100%. Sport is all I want out of Fox (maybe docos too but can live without) but get stuck paying for rubbish. If there's a way out for sport only I'm in.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Speaking of Foxtel... anyone checked out Kayo Sports yet?

It's still part of Foxtel. But it's basically Netflix for sport. $25 a month will give you all AFL games in HD plus heaps of other sport. (Two con-current streams allowed so thinking of splitting the cost with my sister so only paying $12.50 a month).

It's in beta stage at the moment so they don't have an app yet. But I've ran it through the browser on my phone and easily chromecasted it to my TV.

I'm doing the 14 day trial at the moment. Seems pretty good, bit disappointed they don't seem to have the whole 2018 season on demand. Can only find the last 7 Freo games.

So does it have everything the Fox sports package has?

Sounds pretty tempting, especially if you can split the cost with someone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

G Mus

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus
That's pretty decent, but fox have just got the cricket in 4k and I suspect the AFL will follow that path soon too

FUS_RO_DAH

Premiership Player
Dec 17, 2012
Kalgoorlie
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just checked out Kayo.

As someone who stubbornly refuses to get Foxtel, it seems like a winner.

Being able to cast to your tv is awesome, and if they develop an app than even better.

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Weages reserve side poached their first recruit off East Perth.

The Eagles lodged the application for a clearance for Cervantes premiership defender Daniel Acres, the older brother of St Kilda midfielder Blake, yesterday.

His clearance to the WAFL’s 10th and newest team is set to be approved by his former club Cervantes today.

It comes less than two weeks after East Perth announced they had recruited him for next season.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/wafl/w...el-acres-for-first-wafl-season-ng-b881020939z

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back