2018 non-freo nonsense (aka discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Also, remember when Dom Barry left Melbourne? Most people probabaly thought he was soft and couldn't handle it, but in reality his living conditions (house the club set him up in and people to look after him) weren't great and he wasn't happy. Melbourne were aware of this.

Had a good old chuckle reading this one. Shark successfully jumped over at Lathlain. :$

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/w...to-start-new-game-day-tradition-ng-b88775349z
Borrowing a move from basketball, the Eagles are calling on fans to get on their feet and stand prior to bouncedown in every home game this season.

Using coach Adam Simpson and the playing group in a motivational video, West Coast is keen for supporters to “join the huddle” and put their arms around neighbours’ shoulders when the team gathers for one last address following the coin toss.
4mNo1Mv.png

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/video/2018-03-12/2018-coachs-address

"This year's gunna be a massive year"
o_O:drunk::$

Last edited:
That's great marketing. Their home ground advantage is from the crowd engagement bullying everyone not wearing an Eagle's jumper, it has a material effect on the results and this engages them right from the start.

If the crowd feels part of it immediately they are emotionally invested, it gets more of them yelling.

Seriously, we would win more games if all of our members scream the whole game. Sitting quietly and watching or only getting loud when things are going our way aren't what it's about, the whole crowd should be screaming "Baallll" with every tackle, booing the umpires for not calling that obvious free or calling one against us. It does get in their head, humans are wired to do it. That's why you yawn when someone else does, unless you're a psychopath, and why babies laugh when they hear laughing.

Make the umpires think they made the wrong call, missed that handball and we win a couple of extra kicks a quarter.

It all starts with engaging the fans.

That's great marketing. Their home ground advantage is from the crowd engagement bullying everyone not wearing an Eagle's jumper, it has a material effect on the results and this engages them right from the start.

If the crowd feels part of it immediately they are emotionally invested, it gets more of them yelling.

Seriously, we would win more games if all of our members scream the whole game. Sitting quietly and watching or only getting loud when things are going our way aren't what it's about, the whole crowd should be screaming "Baallll" with every tackle, booing the umpires for not calling that obvious free or calling one against us. It does get in their head, humans are wired to do it. That's why you yawn when someone else does, unless you're a psychopath, and why babies laugh when they hear laughing.

Make the umpires think they made the wrong call, missed that handball and we win a couple of extra kicks a quarter.

It all starts with engaging the fans.

Agreed. But I feel something like this has more emphasis to it if it weren't quite as contrived.

If we were to go down a similar path I'd be more in favour of just getting the Freo chant going from Toss to Bounce before every game and potentially couldn even include supporters holding their scarves stretched overhead ala Port and Liverpool. Achieve this with a little nudge from the Cheersquad: An active and organised group of supporters to attempt to get it to catch on. It would be quite a bit less cringey, it would have more of an impact and would achieve the same result of getting the crowd on their feet and rabid for the game.

A lot simpler which means it might have a better chance of sticking.

I think the start of an acdc song from the ground would really fire it up.

Thunderstruck has nothing to do with us but it has everything, stamp your feet for the drums, yelling simple lyrics, almost aggressive tone.

Instantly hostile crowd

They do this at the Big Bash already. Only thing it makes me hostile towards is the ground P.A.

But it is definitely something that has been built naturally with us, if a bit cringey. Could be a goer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the start of an acdc song from the ground would really fire it up.

Thunderstruck has nothing to do with us but it has everything, stamp your feet for the drums, yelling simple lyrics, almost aggressive tone.

Instantly hostile crowd

We've had TNT for the last couple of years to start our home games.

How can we outdo Port Adelaide in terms of cringe and incompatibility with a pre-game song?

Blast some Lionel Richie? Savage Garden are Australian??

How can we outdo Port Adelaide in terms of cringe and incompatibility with a pre-game song?

Blast some Lionel Richie? Savage Garden are Australian??
Any song will do as long as we are hauling out a massive anchor fastened to a gigantic rock.

We've already proven we can be cringeworthy with the best of them - I'm glad we've moved past that phase.

I'd not only huddle with my neighbour pre match, I'd positively dry hump him, as long as they agree to stop the mexican wave in return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back