2018 non-freo nonsense (aka discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmmm, glasshouses

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-01/gerard-whateley-leaves-grandstand-after-13-years/9297054

Whateley said in a statement he thought he would complete the current Ashes series at the SCG Test but, "circumstances have changed and that won't be the case".

I wonder what circumstances changed? Oh yeah, he was offered a truck-load of money to ditch the ABC without bothering to complete the Ashes series he was contracted to call, and be personally responsible for the sacking of a brother journalist on New Year's Day.

Nic Nat will struggle this season

Like many players coming back after a whole year off, he might take some time to regain his form. I reckon not to expect anything much from him till the second half of the season. I tried explaining this to a couple of West Coast supporting mates, but they reckon he'll burst out of the blocks straight back to his former self.

Like many players coming back after a whole year off, he might take some time to regain his form. I reckon not to expect anything much from him till the second half of the season. I tried explaining this to a couple of West Coast supporting mates, but they reckon he'll burst out of the blocks straight back to his former self.

I tried to explain this to some wc mates and they think he'll put then back into the top 4

* me they are an interesting bunch!

I tried to explain this to some wc mates and they think he'll put then back into the top 4

**** me they are an interesting bunch!

Yeah, I got the whole theory too: it doesn't matter if they have an average midfield, NN in the ruck will turn them all into an elite unit.

West Coast are really vulnerable to injury in the midfield.

Gaff, Shuey, Yeo, Redden, Sheed with Nic Nat is serviceable and they only need to break even with their great defensive rebound and Kennedy as a rock forward.

Back ups could be sponsored by the Spud Shed in Masten, Venables, Mutimer, Duggan, Hutchings, Partington & Ah Chee.

I just think the loss of Mitchell & Priddis is going to be a shock.

Can’t see any bench strength apart from their defensive capability. If Kennedy is injured or down on form, I just can’t see them being anywhere near the eight.
They haven’t invested any games in their youth so can expect to go backwards for the next couple of years at least.
NicNat is not the answer.. too inconsistent and their mids are B grades.
If we don’t beat them fairly easily in the Derby I for one will be somewhat disappointed.

Can’t see any bench strength apart from their defensive capability. If Kennedy is injured or down on form, I just can’t see them being anywhere near the eight.
They haven’t invested any games in their youth so can expect to go backwards for the next couple of years at least.
NicNat is not the answer.. too inconsistent and their mids are B grades.
If we don’t beat them fairly easily in the Derby I for one will be somewhat disappointed.
We will only beat them in the Derby if we can avoid the temptation to bomb in to Jgov. That is the sure fire way to lose to them.

If we can do that and bring our kicking boots then I think we will win at least 1 of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder what circumstances changed? Oh yeah, he was offered a truck-load of money to ditch the ABC without bothering to complete the Ashes series he was contracted to call, and be personally responsible for the sacking of a brother journalist on New Year's Day.

Who was the journalist sacked ?.

Whately will be like Dennis Cometti, go from respected caller of sport to media$ muppet.

I can hear it now, " Hill drills a 6 pointer from 70, buy your new Toyota from Naughty Don "

David Schwarz. I assumed it was Bartlett as they took mornings off him. But I see he's been shunted to afternoons.

Yep and his time slot partner Mark Allen. Also KB, the longstanding 9 to midday host, has been shunted to the afternoons to accommodate Whately.

These moves were all announced well before Whately’s arrival, but were 100% connected.

Despite his obvious hypocritical behaviour, he's massively respected amongst his peers and is rated extremely highly by the vast majority of sport listeners/followers.

Doesn't stop the snivelling snotface from being unbearable to listen to, according to sport's more discerning listeners/followers.
Whateley's a great game caller live, one of the best I have heard. He is just crap as a panellist

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

Well there's no accounting for taste, that's for sure. Personally I find the sound of his voice makes my skin crawl.
A few years ago someone posted on here some footage of Hill's goal v Geelong with different commentary. If you can find it, imagine you had never seen the footage and close your eyes and have a listen. Only whateley actually paints an accurate picture for the listener with his economy of words, the rest are carrying on like idiots. You'd have no idea what was happening listening to them.

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

Whately is a bit verbose for mine (not sure if trying to sound smart or if that is how he talks all the time) but he is much more rational and well thought than most - unless it is about Geelong, then he is a ravenous supporter like anyone else.

I can definitely understand the dislike though. Comes off a bit of a know-it-all. Also a bit cringy that he did exactly what Ross did but I guarantee he doesn't have the stones to man up to Ross about it.

We will only beat them in the Derby if we can avoid the temptation to bomb in to Jgov. That is the sure fire way to lose to them.

If we can do that and bring our kicking boots then I think we will win at least 1 of them.
Hopefully jgov is playing forward and Yeo in the middle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back