Purpletown

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2014
Restumping
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC Denver Broncos
Cummins is a world class cricketer, same with Lyon, Payne very good too. Khawaja has improved but still has some work to do imo.

Of the rest Harris is young enough and has shown quite a bit of promise to date and Head is OK and can't be written off yet.

The Marsh boys still continue to frustrate as often as not unfortunately. Starc and Hazlewood have both been way down on form this series and a long way off the standard of the best of the Indian pace bowlers and need to lift their output to stay in the side.

Finch has no future as a test cricketer.

That means 2 A graders, 2 just under A graders, 2 rookies with the jury out as to their ability at test level, 2 good pace bowlers who are out of form, 2 Marsh brothers ????? and Finch??? Aussie cricket is at a low ebb.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
"Stickability" seems to be a lost skill with the current crop.

I would play Khawaja as opener, teamed with Harris.

Finch... gone, but the Marsh's deserve a whack too.

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Shaun Marsh won’t be dropped and nor should he be. Finch, Mitch and Harris would all go first - none of these guys will ever be test cricketers.

Harris will last because he’s played three games but he’s slightly above average at best at shield level. Ni more, no less.

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Harris is at #2 for runs for Australia this series

Head - 217
Harris - 177
Shaun Marsh - 175
Paine - 169
Khawaja - 167
Cummins - 138
Finch - 97
Starc - 88
Lyon - 83
Handscomb - 68 (4 innings)
Hazlewood - 30
Mitch Marsh - 19 (2 innings)

Yea I’ve seen enough if him before hand to say confidently he won’t make as a test cricketer. Smith, Warner and Bancroft will all be in the team by the start of the Ashes.

DeanS

Club Legend
May 16, 2007
Tuart Hill
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Perth
Yea I’ve seen enough if him before hand to say confidently he won’t make as a test cricketer. Smith, Warner and Bancroft will all be in the team by the start of the Ashes.
We need Smith. Not fussed about Bancroft and sincerely hope we’ve seen the last of Warner.

anchor man

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2001
Success WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dockers ∧South Fremantle
Harris will play in Sydney and in the Sri Lankan tests as well.He is being groomed to open for a long time.
Shaun MArsh will play without doubt.I heard one of the commentators say they should open with him.I don't agree.Leave him settle where he is.He has been the shunting tool for a long time.He has batted anywhere from opener to number seven.No wonder he is a bit rattled.
Finch will play but not open.
Laberchagne.... not sure what he has done to be named in the squad.
A big effort is needed from the boys to stop the Indians from winning the series.A draw is no good, we have to win.
Did any one hear Warnie have a crack at our quicks after the game today.He gave out figures that were quite damning.

Dockernut

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sharks. Anyone playing West Coast.
Harris will play in Sydney and in the Sri Lankan tests as well.He is being groomed to open for a long time.
Shaun MArsh will play without doubt.I heard one of the commentators say they should open with him.I don't agree.Leave him settle where he is.He has been the shunting tool for a long time.He has batted anywhere from opener to number seven.No wonder he is a bit rattled.
Finch will play but not open.
Laberchagne.... not sure what he has done to be named in the squad.
A big effort is needed from the boys to stop the Indians from winning the series.A draw is no good, we have to win.
Did any one hear Warnie have a crack at our quicks after the game today.He gave out figures that were quite damning.

Have often thought that our quicks (starc and hazel) need as much of a rev up as our batsmen.

anchor man

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2001
Success WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dockers ∧South Fremantle
Some interesting facts and figure handed out on our bowlers by Shane Warne after the third test. As another poster said here, the bowlers need a rev up as well.

yyou

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NY Mets, NO Pelicans, Toronto Leafs
Square Peg
Is it time to start a thread for 2019? (I don't want to steal your thunder)
This time maybe you can state that you feel Freo will be sh1t this year?:cool:

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Square Peg
Is it time to start a thread for 2019? (I don't want to steal your thunder)
This time maybe you can state that you feel Freo will be sh1t this year?:cool:

Nope I am working on the theory that lightning cannot strike twice, the eagles WILL be s**t

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back