Review 2018 PAFC Membership Survey

Selected membership survey

Does the club have your current email address? Are your subscription settings correct? Have you checked it hasn't come through and gone to junk?

They don't have a reason to be deliberately filtering out respondents.

When you think of the Port Adelaide Football Club, what words come to mind? (please list as many as five as they come to mind)

My club
Club that pushes the boundaries and innovative
Useless ruck list management and ruck strategies
In a Hinkley Malaise period
Over promised under delivered 3 years in a row

mrsdew17

Rookie
Jan 25, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Completed the survey a few days ago and interestingly, found the email and re-clicked on the link and find that I can re-do the survey and change some/all of my answers. Kind of means that depending what mood you're in depends on your answers - I must have been in an ok mood because some of my answers are only borderline negative but the closer the GF comes the more negative I feel so going to adjust some answers and just be brutal and choose lots of 0's. Who knows if my adjusted survey is counted or just the first submission given that ..."Note: By clicking 'NEXT', your member ID number will be collected as part of your response..."?

It also has record of answers where you had to type and found that a few days ago my answer to "Describe our current brand of football in three words?" was Frustrating. Slow. Uninspired. Can't disagree with the choice, but gee it was hard to narrow it down to just three words.

Power Girl

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I thought it was going to be cathartic speaking my mind (as far as you could on an extremely restrictive survey) but no I just feel angry again

It felt like the answer options were limited- Do you love Port Adelaide or Do you just really like Port Adelaide?

I thought it was going to be cathartic speaking my mind (as far as you could on an extremely restrictive survey) but no I just feel angry again

It felt like the answer options were limited- Do you love Port Adelaide or Do you just really like Port Adelaide?

Do you agree with Ken Hinkley's three year contract extension?
A) Yes
B) I'd only have given him two years

Lawnchair Larry

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yesterday there was an important judging/ assessment of marmalade conducted here in Adelaide.
We are in a jam too.
"....the quality of the marmalade is dependent upon the quality of the fruit",...
so said the adjudicators.
The comparison with our club is palpable.

mic59

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 20, 2002
Alberton, the chosen land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Blyth Spartans, Dallas Cowboys
I got it but didn't even look at it because I can't begin to see the point of doing it. The again I never do see the point of them. We're a footy club so did we win the GF? Yes, then I'm happy. No, then I'm unhappy.
There are various grades of unhappiness, maybe that's what they want to know about. Are we 2007 GF-level humiliated? Are we 2011/2 level on-field and off-field crapulous? Are we 2014 level sad but proud but then sad again after missing out on a GF by a kick? And so on.

Our seasons have been like the curate's egg.........
With the membership as the Right Reverend Host and Kochie as the Curate.

Spoke to a few Port supporters at my sister inlaw's birthday party last night who dont post on big footy, but did the survey. Their opinion was very similar to what the majority have expressed here.

I wonder if Koch, KT and Ken will be given a full report of the results or just the executive summary?

Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I left the Hinkley bashing up to the many other thousands of members that will surely be scathing. I was fair until the bit about the importance of making the community proud, and then I couldn't hold back.
Timid club playing boring unskilled dumb football.
They won't listen to us though.

Aug 23, 2007
Bay 131 @ (Port) Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies
I gave the team entrance with "not giving in" a 0.

Time to piss off the theatrics and run out to our club song like a professional team does. Plus the transition between that and the club song is always off and the players stand there awkwardly at the banner waiting for it.

Half time drummer was the easiest 0 to give as well.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
Same. I really want to fill in this survey.

Might be worth giving the membership dept a call on Tuesday. At least that will let them know that you know there is a survey out there somewhere.

I really hope the survey goes out to all Members on the data base and not just a select few. I would feel pissed off if I got a stream of e-mails every time the Club wanted to sell me something but was left out when they wanted feedback from Members.

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
No survey yet! Club has our details, etc so just another **** up to add to the list of times they drop the ball these days.

Can't be ****ed ringing them about it.

No passion for that **** show atm.

The club might not survey the whole 61,000 members or 53,000 who aren't an SMA members included in the total. Wouldnt surprise me if only 5-10% get surveyed.

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I received my survey around midday Wednesday, and did it Thursday morning.

Like no doubt many on big footy I canned the boring as bat crap game plan, and also questioned the players, and what appears to be their lack of confidence, and/or belief in it.
I also gave Kochie a mention re some of his at times embarrassing public comments.

I can't recall this from earlier surveys, but there was a question late in the current one that asked if you or any members of your family had played the game.
I guess that question has some relevance, but I'm not sure what it would be.

jabba5114

Premiership Player
Jan 23, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I received my survey around midday Wednesday, and did it Thursday morning.

Like no doubt many on big footy I canned the boring as bat crap game plan, and also questioned the players, and what appears to be their lack of confidence, and/or belief in it.
I also gave Kochie a mention re some of his at times embarrassing public comments.

I can't recall this from earlier surveys, but there was a question late in the current one that asked if you or any members of your family had played the game.
I guess that question has some relevance, but I'm not sure what it would be.
Pretty much what I said. Game plan is boring,embarrassing. Would be the nicest I said about it

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
0017061E-C181-4F70-9345-CC4A7AC62F55.jpeg

Back