2018 Participation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NoobPie

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Collingwood
The Ausplay survey came out at some point in November. As far as I can tell there was not even a press release

What it shows is another jump in the number of Club Australian football participants...

upload_2018-12-5_8-57-11.png

In year on year terms, organised football participation of kids under 15 increased by 5.1%, soccer fell by 7.5% in the same period. Outside of NSW, signficantly more kids play organised football than soccer now

upload_2018-12-5_9-26-1.png

Rabman

Club Legend
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide, Inter
I would like to know the participant breakdown for each respective state. I would be confident in saying Australian Rules Football would be the No.1 participated sport in VIC, SA, WA and NT maybe even Tas. Soccers participation is enormous in NSW and would make up a strong proportion of there total number.

Last edited:

NoobPie

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Collingwood
I would like to know the participant breakdown for each retrospective state. I would be confident in saying Australian Rules Football would be the No.1 participated sport in VIC, SA, WA and NT maybe even Tas. Soccers participation is enormous in NSW and would make up a strong proportion of there total number.
respective state

Here are the data by state

https://www.clearinghouseforsport.gov.au/research/smi/ausplay/results/state

It varies by state. It should be remembered that the soccer also includes organsied futsal numbers

Top Bottom