Game Day 2018 Peter Crimmins Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Well deserved if he gets it as well! So frustrating seeing him left out of our promising young players by oppo supporters, guy is already one of the best lock down small defenders in the game and is an amazing kick!
Twas bullshit from the AFLPA board

Well deserved if he gets it as well! So frustrating seeing him left out of our promising young players by oppo supporters, guy is already one of the best lock down small defenders in the game and is an amazing kick!

he is my favourite player now, loved him last year and this year, he has overtaken Sicily as my favourite player, never lets me down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why couldn’t we have Hardwick spending a lot more time in the midfield .... seriously. Tough, footy smarts, good size, efficient disposal/good decision maker. Got the character to absorb pressure during the heat of battle, smiles if he gets bumped.... coincidence with the number he has been given. It’s time to put him in there Clarko/Sammy.

When talking about Hawks future no commentator in the media talk about this bloke which makes you wonder if they watch games .... looking straight at you Nicky Dal Santo!

Why couldn’t we have Hardwick spending a lot more time in the midfield .... seriously. Tough, footy smarts, good size, efficient disposal/good decision maker. Got the character to absorb pressure during the heat of battle, smiles if he gets bumped.... coincidence with the number he has been given. It’s time to put him in there Clarko/Sammy.

When talking about Hawks future no commentator in the media talk about this bloke which makes you wonder if they watch games .... looking straight at you Nicky Dal Santo!
If we can find someone to take his spot down back I expect we will

because he's the best defender we have along with Stratton...

P.S. his defensive ability is top knotch, his 1 on 1 ability is great, his disposal is clean and he not only defends like a warrior, he rebounds cleanly, put that in the midfield and you might get 20 poss, but then when the opponent gets the ball they carve us up, i think his value to the team is higher as a defender, the role he plays now is highly damaging, just because some media tools dont get it you want to try and put him in the spot light? i dont know if thats the best for the HFC and our structure, we rely on our rebounding counter-attacking footy and he is a key part of that system imo.

Last edited:
If we can find someone to take his spot down back I expect we will

Fair enough but if Hardwick needs to go to another level and to have a greater impact it needs to be in the middle. Birch/Burgs and other rotations doing their role across half back can hopefully cover. Duno just seems that when we get beat and chopped up it’s ususlly through the midfield battle. Although we have found Tom and JOM in recent times we still need to find quality depth in this area to match it with the best teams.

because he's the best defender we have along with Stratton...

P.S. his defensive ability is top knotch, his 1 on 1 ability is great, his disposal is clean and he not only defends like a warrior, he rebounds cleanly, put that in the midfield and you might get 20 poss, but then when the opponent gets the ball they carve us up, i think his value to the team is higher as a defender, the role he plays now is highly damaging, just because some media tools dont get it you want to try and put him in the spot light? i dont know if thats the best for the HFC and our structure, we rely on our rebounding counter-attacking footy and he is a key part of that system imo.

If Dimma starts getting 30 possessions a game in the middle with his defends like a warrior approach and effecient disposals ... it won’t get into the backline!

Fair enough but if Hardwick needs to go to another level and to have a greater impact it needs to be in the middle. Birch/Burgs and other rotations doing their role across half back can hopefully cover. Duno just seems that when we get beat and chopped up it’s ususlly through the midfield battle. Although we have found Tom and JOM in recent times we still need to find quality depth in this area to match it with the best teams.
It's the way the team works. We need him down back at the moment so that's where he plays. If we get to the point where we don't and we want him to play midfield then he does.
Think about how we used Hodge

It's the way the team works. We need him down back at the moment so that's where he plays. If we get to the point where we don't and we want him to play midfield then he does.
Think about how we used Hodge

Agree one of our biggest strengths over the last decade is versatility but I can’t remember once this year Dimma starting in the middle. Moving forward I would like to see him in there. I reckon he has the ability to mix it with the best. He is now becoming a hardened footballer approaching 50 games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back