Game Day 2018 Peter Crimmins Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

hk89

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Congrats to Tom. Great to see Hardwick go runner up.

Not sure the club will be happy with Smith letting the cat out of the bag on Russel before trade period is over. Getting Clarko for 4 more years is massive, but this news slightly offsets that. I doubt we'd have O'Meara on the list without Russel.

Congrats to Tom. Great to see Hardwick go runner up.

Not sure the club will be happy with Smith letting the cat out of the bag on Russel before trade period is over. Getting Clarko for 4 more years is massive, but this news slightly offsets that. I doubt we'd have O'Meara on the list without Russel.
Hopefully we still have Makdissi

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
b3b3aa13e3fecb3b893e2f1a3775a7bf.png

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Jaeger despite missing 3 games finished just 7 votes behind 2nd, almost certainly would have been runner up if he played 1 or 2 of those. Great season from him.

Hardwick was massive and hopefully will start to get the recognition he deserves from outside the club.

Still gutted to hear about Russell though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rebecca Beeson is cutie pie...

grats Tom Mitchell, you're a great in and under mid and winning the brownlow and the Peter Crimmins medal is just rewards for all the hard work you've put in.
She gave my daughter a Hawks VFLW bear so I have to agree

Luv_our_club

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Tom Mitchell.... Huge winning margin not often seen in a club BnF.

I was perhaps most pleased for Shiels winning the best finals player.

Yeah i agree deserves a good send off.. but then again they didnt really do much for Ratts tonight despite being such a great servant and obviously having a really big impact on a lot of players..
Ratts may not have wanted much of a fuss, you never know

kazzooka

Premiership Player
May 20, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I may have missed it on the stream but did the club make any mention of the departing players? I know Rattan was mentioned by a few but heatherly, orouke and Willsmore delisted and Cyril and Tyrone retired you would think that a send off and thanks are in order.

Seems fitzpatrick got a better send off from the than Cyril?

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
I may have missed it on the stream but did the club make any mention of the departing players? I know Rattan was mentioned by a few but heatherly, orouke and Willsmore delisted and Cyril and Tyrone retired you would think that a send off and thanks are in order.

Seems fitzpatrick got a better send off from the than Cyril?

Quartermain mentioned it early in the broadcast, that they asked Cyril to come so they could acknowledge his career with a send-off, but he was busy and would come down another time, maybe next year or at another function? as for the others, they didnt do a send off, maybe they were in damage control from Smith letting the cat out of the bag or they genuinely forgot or didnt plan it?

Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
The interesting bit for me is that they think he's still contracted and so we are in negotiations with the other club for him to be released. GWS have had terrible runs with injuries and would be desperate for someone like him there. Is there any reason why we couldn't make him part of the deal for Shiel?

Another possibility is that we've made a deal with WC so that they release Sam from his contract and we release Russell from his.
That's quite plausible. Shiel and Cogs next year and I'm sold.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We all knew Mitchell would win. Everything was about who would round out the places.

What a fantastic effort by Hardwick. He really does combine the hardness of Hodge and the lockdown ability of Stratton.

And to see so many other players on similar points is a great thing. Especially how many young players made our top 10.

Im feeling pretty good about our youth.

MacMace

Team Captain
May 16, 2017
Tassie
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Congrats to everyone that took out an award. The top ten in the seniors count gives me a great sense of optimism for our future.

Really bad timing by Smithy re Jack. That said, we are a very well run organisation, anyone that thinks that our performance and conditioning arm will fall apart without Jack has rocks in their head.

On a seperate note, did anyone think that Doc's speech was a bit off? Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I got the sense that he was pissy and to name up Cegs as his partner (in a joking way) was interesting considering that both may be Sydney bound.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back