Remove this Banner Ad

With our final pick Richmond take Riley Grundy 195cm 79kg Key Defender
Our haul from the draft is
Xavier O'Halloran 187cm 83kg Inside Midfielder
Jack Bytel 189cm 80kg Inside Midfielder
Charlie Sprague 187cm 79kg General Forward
Mitch Podhajski 193cm 80kg Midfielder/Forward
Riley Grundy 195cm 79kg Key Defender

Improved depth through the midfield with bigger bodied inside types, a couple of mid sized general forwards, who might be able to pinch hit through the middle and a young KPD to develop along with Garthwaite & Miller. Also means we can develop Moore Balta and CCJ up forward.

With our final 2 Picks in the draft, the Western Bulldogs select:

Pick 73: Hayden Sampson 177 cm, 67 kg Small Forward

Pick 74: Darcy Fort 205 cm, 100 kg Ruck/Forward

With our final 2 Picks in the draft, the Western Bulldogs select:

Pick 73: Hayden Sampson 177 cm, 67 kg Small Forward

Pick 74: Darcy Fort 205 cm, 100 kg Ruck/Forward
Will spew if we do an RT and not take him if still available.:cool:

We have Soldo who can play now and CCJ developing don't need another ruck
Soldo is a project and thats all he'll ever be.
CCJ is very promising but like you said still developing.
Still need another IMO.
We don't need another KPD.We have Garth,Miller & Balta as cover.

With our final pick of the draft, Carlton will take:

Matthew McGannon - Gippsland Power
184cm
74kg

Overaged Inside midfielder.

This completes our draft haul, in summary:

1. Jack Lukosius 194cm 85kg KPP
67. Tyron Smallwood 179cm 77kg Small Forward
70. Laitham Vandermeer 180cm 76kg General defender
75. Matthew McGannon 184cm 74kg inside midfielder

went for a spread to cover all positions, a huge gap between our 1st and 2nd pick but managed to add a bit of pace and coverage for some positions.

Soldo is a project and thats all he'll ever be.
CCJ is very promising but like you said still developing.
Still need another IMO.
We don't need another KPD.We have Garth,Miller & Balta as cover.
Agree to disagree on Soldo as I think he is more than a project player.

With CCJ and Soldo I don't like the idea of having a 3rd developing ruck as it means the make up of the VFL side becomes skewed as you then have to find time for Soldo CCJ 3rd ruckman Moore and Balta to play. It's hurt us in the VFL in the last couple of years when the finals rolled around and we we're forced to pick all the talls ahead of a better balanced side because you can't leave AFL listed players out for VFL listed player unless there is an injury

Agree to disagree on Soldo as I think he is more than a project player.

With CCJ and Soldo I don't like the idea of having a 3rd developing ruck as it means the make up of the VFL side becomes skewed as you then have to find time for Soldo CCJ 3rd ruckman Moore and Balta to play. It's hurt us in the VFL in the last couple of years when the finals rolled around and we we're forced to pick all the talls ahead of a better balanced side because you can't leave AFL listed players out for VFL listed player unless there is an injury
Development ahead of team balance was the one big reason we went solo.Making finals is a bonus.

Development ahead of team balance was the one big reason we went solo.Making finals is a bonus.
You don't get proper development when you're having to split time in the ruck among Soldo CCJ and another ruck. I think we'd be better served by bringing in another KPP, preferably a defender, to balance out the list a bit more as we'd have Moore and Balta to develop as forwards, CCJ and Soldo to develop as ruck/forwards and then Garthwaite Miller and a young KPD to develop down back.

You don't get proper development when you're having to split time in the ruck among Soldo CCJ and another ruck. I think we'd be better served by bringing in another KPP, preferably a defender, to balance out the list a bit more as we'd have Moore and Balta to develop as forwards, CCJ and Soldo to develop as ruck/forwards and then Garthwaite Miller and a young KPD to develop down back.
Beg to differ in regards to Soldo.Dont think he'll make it.Hence bringing someone mature like Fort.Soldo to be delisted by year's end.Foot 12mnths into our system better than what level Soldo will ever get too.

Beg to differ in regards to Soldo.Dont think he'll make it.Hence bringing someone mature like Fort.Soldo to be delisted by year's end.Foot 12mnths into our system better than what level Soldo will ever get too.

I hoping this is not the case but I'm leaning in this direction T_O_O.

I hoping this is not the case but I'm leaning in this direction T_O_O.
Its a pity TJ.Was hoping he'd kick on,But the longer we wait the less likely it will happen.Just doesn't have the footy smarts around the ground i'm afraid.

Its a pity TJ.Was hoping he'd kick on,But the longer we wait the less likely it will happen.Just doesn't have the footy smarts around the ground i'm afraid.

What is he 22 , I'd like to think he'd be given a bit more time. As he has come from a long way back. But I suspect this will be a very important season (2019) for him. Big guys take a bit longer:think:...;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Soldo i think his physical limitations combined with his ability to have an impact around the game will limit his scope for improvement and what we see now wont be alot different to what the end result will be

With our final pick Richmond take Riley Grundy 195cm 79kg Key Defender
Our haul from the draft is
Xavier O'Halloran 187cm 83kg Inside Midfielder
Jack Bytel 189cm 80kg Inside Midfielder
Charlie Sprague 187cm 79kg General Forward
Mitch Podhajski 193cm 80kg Midfielder/Forward
Riley Grundy 195cm 79kg Key Defender

Improved depth through the midfield with bigger bodied inside types, a couple of mid sized general forwards, who might be able to pinch hit through the middle and a young KPD to develop along with Garthwaite & Miller. Also means we can develop Moore Balta and CCJ up forward.
Am I wrong or did Podhajski play predominantly in defence this year?

We have Soldo who can play now and CCJ developing don't need another ruck
IMO we do need one for back up, if not we could be relying on Soldo/CCJ who are yet to be ready if we lose Nank to a long term injury.

IMO we do need one for back up, if not we could be relying on Soldo/CCJ who are yet to be ready if we lose Nank to a long term injury.
Someone like Fort isn't much of an upgrade on those 2. At least Soldo knows our systems.

Very pleased that two of my pics for Fremantle, RCD and Luke English ended up at the Tigers ! Yehaw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back