Competitions 2018 Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Damn... had Will pencilled in.... sorry for the late pick

Pick 51 Melbourne selects Zane Barzen

Athletic medium forward with agility and a good leap. Reads the ball in flight effectively and possesses very sticky hands overhead. He is a very dangerous target inside 50m and is also able to push back and intercept.

Last edited:

Pick 53 - Tom Berry
Has speed and can play as a mid or a small defender. Being the brother of Jarrod doesn't hurt either.

HARKER

Like thanks a lot mate....

Would bid on Buku, but can't be bothered.

Collingwood Pick 54 - Joe Ayton-Delaney

Bit scrappy from what I saw he does have a bit of toe takes the game on. There may be something there to work with.

Alright, I'm going a bit rogue here, but I'm sure HalAlaric will forgive me:

Donstuie bids pick 55 on Toby Bedford, shaving 10 points off his pick 60, which becomes pick 61 any way (I think?). I'm assuming this will be accepted, which leaves me a straight shot for the following 4 picks:

Pick 55 - Melbourne - Toby Bedford

Pick 56 - North Melbourne - Marlion Pickett

Pick 57 - Geelong - Hugo Munn

Pick 58 - Geelong - Matthew McGannon

For my picks, I opted for Munn and McGannon due to the combination of value and positional need.

Munn is a big lump of a lad, but has an elite leap and great skills. He's mostly featured up forward for SA, but can pinch hit in the ruck, and may eventually find a spot down back. Smart player who makes up for a smidge of pace with his ability to win contests and stay involved at ground level. Geelong have a need to replace both Harry Taylor and Tom Hawkins long term, and Munn presents as a kid who could be a part of that solution along with Buzza and Ratugolea.

McGannon is one of the best users of the footy in the draft pool, a combination of elite decision making and execution. Has had an awkward time of it, missing out in 2017, before coming back into the TAC system and working hard to put his hand up again, playing a game at the championships for Vic Country before going down injured. Again, lacks a smidge in pace, but will do a power of work from half-back fpr any team that's willing to work around that.

Over to Blugazi again

Alright, I'm going a bit rogue here, but I'm sure HalAlaric will forgive me:

Donstuie bids pick 55 on Toby Bedford, shaving 10 points off his pick 60, which becomes pick 61 any way (I think?). I'm assuming this will be accepted, which leaves me a straight shot for the following 4 picks:

Pick 55 - Melbourne - Toby Bedford

Pick 56 - North Melbourne - Marlion Pickett

Pick 57 - Geelong - Hugo Munn

Pick 58 - Geelong - Matthew McGannon

For my picks, I opted for Munn and McGannon due to the combination of value and positional need.

Munn is a big lump of a lad, but has an elite leap and great skills. He's mostly featured up forward for SA, but can pinch hit in the ruck, and may eventually find a spot down back. Smart player who makes up for a smidge of pace with his ability to win contests and stay involved at ground level. Geelong have a need to replace both Harry Taylor and Tom Hawkins long term, and Munn presents as a kid who could be a part of that solution along with Buzza and Ratugolea.

McGannon is one of the best users of the footy in the draft pool, a combination of elite decision making and execution. Has had an awkward time of it, missing out in 2017, before coming back into the TAC system and working hard to put his hand up again, playing a game at the championships for Vic Country before going down injured. Again, lacks a smidge in pace, but will do a power of work from half-back fpr any team that's willing to work around that.

Over to Blugazi again

Had my eyes on Pickett, bugger.

Pick 59 - Mitch Grigg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Donstuie puts in a bid for Irving Mosquito, SonOfColin you have a right to match, will cost your last (101).

ScottoP, same thing for Buku Khamis, but your last pick is 82.
I guess I can manage to part with that valuable pick.

Very happy to Irving Mosquito for Hawthorn, fills a need with Cyril leaving this year and with Puopolo injured and 30 now.
Irving is an exciting fast small forward with good pressure and have heard some good things about him from the Gippsland Power boys. Strong work effort and funny guy.

Another guy originally hailing from Halls Creek before moving away, this time with his Grand Parents in Gippsland. would be joining friend and former team mate Changkouth Jiath at Hawthorn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back