Competitions 2018 Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't disagree with that and I get the feeling our position will look something like this:

ND - 3 live picks + 1 DFA

RD - Ben + Hickmott boys/Lamb
I'd actually be upset if we'd bother Lamb after committing to Ben and Will in the rookie draft, because it means we'd be picking him with Pick 1.

Having Phillips and Kerr signed for 2019 is looking dumber by the minute.

Only a VFL player but for u guys may turn out to be a average AFL player

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
I meant it was their last pick in the draft. Disagree that he's useful to us given our existing forward setup.

Pick 85 for Port - Noah Answerth

Donstuie
Don's passed already, so it's Sin City picking for Sydney.

And maybe Soapy V with a contribution at some point...

Hawthorn - Pick 87 - Ben Silvagni

With pick 87 Hawthorn have got the messiah.
There are a few reasons I choose Ben here, first as a Carlton supporter I have the view that SOS has obviously been keeping him under wraps this year and he is ready to explode next year.

Also, Hawthorn are in need of both a key position forward and back, Ben can develop for the next few years in an elite system and culture knowing there is a position for him to fill in the future if he steps up.

As for the go home factor of Carlton, sell him that at Hawthorn he has the chance to create his own path. He won’t be followed by talk of nepotism and can see what its like being a part of the famous “Hawthorn culture”.

And Hawthorn is now done with this draft having selected Will Hamill, Irving Mosquito & Ben Silvagni.

HalAlaric you're up.

Ben will make it through to the rookie draft
Even though there's not a lot of good talls outside the top 30 or so, there's just so much midfield talent on offer that he should rightly be considered outside the top 80 or so of this draft.

He's arguably not on talent, but he's not produced much at all this year, which is in stark contrast to Jack's U18 performances.

Last edited:
Sydney pick 41 - Mitch Podhajski
Sydney Pick 42 - Tom McKenzie
Sydney pick 43 - Zac Foot

All powerful players with speed and midfield potential which is one of the Swans needs this year.

The Smoking Gun
can I just say this is the first time in a long while I have seen sin around the place? and it's a very good thing? thanks........

Even though there's not a lot of good talls outside the top 30 or so, there's just so much midfield talent on offer that he should rightly be considered outside the top 80 or so of this draft.

He's arguably not on talent, but he's not produced much at all this year, which is in stark contrast to Jack's U18 performances.

You know the go Jim, if they get out to about pick 56, no one will take him and he will slide to the rookie draft

One of the reasons we didn't nominate him

Hawthorn - Pick 87 - Ben Silvagni

With pick 87 Hawthorn have got the messiah.
There are a few reasons I choose Ben here, first as a Carlton supporter I have the view that SOS has obviously been keeping him under wraps this year and he is ready to explode next year.

Also, Hawthorn are in need of both a key position forward and back, Ben can develop for the next few years in an elite system and culture knowing there is a position for him to fill in the future if he steps up.

As for the go home factor of Carlton, sell him that at Hawthorn he has the chance to create his own path. He won’t be followed by talk of nepotism and can see what its like being a part of the famous “Hawthorn culture”.

And Hawthorn is now done with this draft having selected Will Hamill, Irving Mosquito & Ben Silvagni.

HalAlaric you're up.

Are we seriously at pick 87.

At this rate, there won't be any players leftover for the rookie draft.

You know the go Jim, if they get out to about pick 56, no one will take him and he will slide to the rookie draft

One of the reasons we didn't nominate him
Apparently the nomination date is yet to come, there was some confusion about the two F/S & Academy dates prior to the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we seriously at pick 87.

At this rate, there won't be any players leftover for the rookie draft.

I think we've just done an all-in job here. For instance i did Adelaide. They've got 6 list spots open according to Jimmae but they have said they will likely use 5 in the national draft.

But who knows, so i just went with 6 picks. The last one or two may be rookies or not at all.

I presume everyone has done the same.

Damn bsos was another of mine nabbed too early.

Pick 88 Melbourne select Michael Bennell
It was pick 89, but either way it's your last one! Sin's confused Don's pass (though they technically would delete the pick on draft night if North passed).

Jeremias, you're up

Will go with a bit of a surprise selection here.

Pick 90 - Tom Campbell

Think the Tigers probably need another ruck option, given there's not a lot there ready to step up should Nankervis not be available to play.

I have always liked Tom and it won't surprise should he get another opportunity somewhere. Wanted to throw his name up even though you'd think it is more likely another chance comes as a DFA or rookie.

Will go with a bit of a surprise selection here.

Pick 90 - Tom Campbell

Think the Tigers probably need another ruck option, given there's not a lot there ready to step up should Nankervis not be available to play.

I have always liked Tom and it won't surprise should he get another opportunity somewhere. Wanted to throw his name up even though you'd think it is more likely another chance comes as a DFA or rookie.
HARKER can we make sure to tag the next pick please.

he's busy

main-qimg-820832a0ef21f116d4877b502142e52f-c

Remove this Banner Ad

Back