Competitions 2018 Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you named a beer after me or not, ffs, cause I'm not seeing it."

18192b7e7f04c1824587fa9865c524f48d2e480b_hq.jpg

West coast pick #92 - Sam Fletcher. Thoroughly surprised he hasn’t been taken yet. Multiple TAC teams of the week. Good inside midfielder who fights hard and has reasonable burst. Has absolutely no issue finding the ball.

Soapy V for 2 picks or we just move to Jimmae
Agree, and while we're on Stingrays players:

Pick 94 - Essendon - Lachlan McDonnell

Apparently the Stingrays are a football factory right now. McDonnell was another name who jumped up in the second half the season after he started seeing more midfield time at school footy, and started seeing time in the TAC.

Good athlete, good skills, delivers the footy up the field. Will start at half-forward in the VFL and should grow his game from there.

Pablito

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 96 - Sydney - Lucas Cavallaro

Medium defenders aren't a huge need for the Swans but he's the most interesting player left and I suppose they'll need someone on the list to cover Newman. This guy was forced to play too tall, too often for Calder this year so we didn't get to see the best of him but when he gets free with the ball in his hands he's a very smooth mover with a decent side step and a beautiful raking left boot who can kick goals from outside 50. Could end up a Williamson/Schumacher late bargain, with nice attributes but falling a bit due to his position. Would like to see what he can become if allowed to play smaller as a permanent rebounding defender (pretty sure he was a clear winner for rebound 50s in the TAC cup) and given 2-3 years with some AFL development coaches.

SonOfColin

Last edited:
Pick 97 - Hawthorn - Tyler Keitel

At 22 years old and 196cm tall Tyler is a genuine swingman, who has averaged 2.3 goals a game over the last 2 seasons for West Perth. The year before that he played backline and performed solidly.

He has the ability to dominate a game as displayed early this year against East Perth where he kicked five gaols in the first half with half a dozen missed shots as well.

Will give Hawthorn depth to both ends of the field and is ready to go.

And so completes the 2018 national draft.

We're done. Well done everyone.

Rookie draft?

Let's do it!

Jimmae can we get an update of the complete draft? Please
I'm working on this now, but I've found a lot of mistakes in the data I originally used, which means the draft we just had should have been a few picks shorter.

I'd prefer to wait until the draft tracker is live, swap some people out (as it's pretty clear a few lost interest after pick 60), and then re-do the whole draft then with the rookie draft.

It should be up sometime this week.

I'm working on this now, but I've found a lot of mistakes in the data I originally used, which means the draft we just had should have been a few picks shorter.

I'd prefer to wait until the draft tracker is live, swap some people out (as it's pretty clear a few lost interest after pick 60), and then re-do the whole draft then with the rookie draft.

It should be up sometime this week.

It's up and running now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back