2018 Player Advocates Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

No love for Sam Gilbert

Can’t wait for 2018 season.
Too predictable - will play 20 plus bog standard boring "Gilbo" games this season filling every imaginable position on the field, giving everything he's got for the jumper- and will continue to get crucified each time he does a bad kick.

Too predictable - will play 20 plus bog standard boring "Gilbo" games this season filling every imaginable position on the field, giving everything he's got for the jumper- and will continue to get crucified each time he does a bad kick.

Spot on! Joey & Roo were late advocate picks because you knew what you would get each week. Much more interesting to take on someone who is up and coming or ready for that breakout year!

Updated list:

1. Brains Trust 66 - Paddy McCartin
2. Barrels - Jade Gresham
3. Cursing Fijian - Ben Long
4. The Jack Pack - Jack Billings
5. dct66 - David Armitage
6. sverik25 - Jack Sinclair
7. Armitage2Riewoldt - Nick Coffield
8. Hubnester - Black Acres
9. aussierulesrules - Jack Steven
10. lewdogs - Jack Steele
11. Moorabbin Ghost - Hunter Clark
12. saintkildaman - Tim Membrey
13. Sab22 - Seb Ross
14. TheBalls - Jake 'The Snake' Carlisle
15. cooperg - Josh Bruce
16. Bob Cobb - Brandon White
17. Kildonan - Koby Stevens
18. Ads734 - Ed Phillips
19. joop - Rowan Marshall
20. borderbarry - Nathan Freeman
21. pebblesofsand - Dongle Linglangs
22. sainterryan - Josh Battle
23. St Pauls - Billy Longer
24. LeftBillings - Jack Newnes
25. Brut Thru - Luke Dunstan
26. PetWussy - Dylan Roberton
27. Keg on legs - Hugh Goddard
28. jonathons11 - Ray 'The Raptor' Connellan
29. hayes - Daniel McKenzie
30. bird_man - Jack Lonie
31. stavro - Mav Weller
32. G Trains Mullet - Tom Hickey
33. Kilroy - Logan Austin
34. Phoenix9 - Shane Savage
35. Grav - Oscar Clavarino
36. George - Jarryn Geary
37. eastern_saint23 - Jimmy Webster
38. pebblesofsand - Ben Paton
39. Brains Trust66 - Bailey Rice
40. Rors - Nathan Brown
41. cooperg - Darren Minchington

Players remaining:
Sam Gilbert
Nathan Wright
Darragh Joyce
Lewis Pierce

Remaining one's are up for grabs if anyone is interested. New people or as a second player for anyone

Last edited:
Happy for people to make their own thread if they prefer! The intent is to merge them come seasons end so all players have one 'career-long thread' rather than heaps of threads split up.

I'll get to updating thread names with the new advocate shortly. (aka maybe like...a week... or so)

Just letting you know I’ve updated the new advocate names for the ones I could edit . Basically I’ve done the draft choices that we got from last draft , Coffield , Clark etc .

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah all good mate. So at this stage I'll have Minchington also. You can add that to the list. I noticed some others have doubled up are added onto the list that's all.

Yep at this point happy for others to jump on a second player. Just if anyone else puts their hand up I'd say you guys should probably offer the player up. Seems fair?

Josh Bruce review :

Coming back from knee surgery, played full minutes in the VFL and kicked 3 goals.

Minchington review : Without knowing how he went, apparently he got the ball alot which is good.

If you want to post stuff, post in their specific threads.

don't feel you have to just for the sake of it

After posting, does the thread still stay 2 or 3 pages back?
Was wondering if something important comes up for our chosen player, do we bump the thread or just let it be?
If it is to bump the thread, then how the hell does a decrepit old bloody misfit like myself do it.
(bump the thread that is):oops:

After posting, does the thread still stay 2 or 3 pages back?
Was wondering if something important comes up for our chosen player, do we bump the thread or just let it be?
If it is to bump the thread, then how the hell does a decrepit old bloody misfit like myself do it.
(bump the thread that is):oops:
The player thread should move to the front when you post in it. Don't have to do anything special to bump it, just post when you've got news or something to share, and it'll do the rest.

I still don’t know what this is about, but it looks like Darragh Joyce needs some love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just report anything you can hunt down about Darragh in his thread on the Players board. If he plays VFL see if you can get along and report back. Stick up for your player and let us know when he does something good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back