Competitions 2018 Player Sponsors - GROUP EVENT!

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll allow it. You (and ferball?) are the last names added to the list.

If you can leave my name on the list I'd really appreciate it. I still can't be sure I can get there. I have a commitment and am trying to get someone to cover for me. If I can get a positive answer even as late as Monday I'll book a flight and fly straight down.

But if you can't do that I'd understand.

I'd really like to get there - as I mentioned in his thread my brother played at Oak Park where Pauly comes from. I used to have a paper round thru there. We had a chat about the place at the family day. I don't enter most sponsor competitions cos I live in northern NSW and I don't care about the prizes really. I like sponsoring players cos of the connection it gives me to the club, its paying something back for all the good (and bad) times. I really wanted to be there for this tho specifically cos its Paul Ahern, I was happier about sponsoring him than LDU and especially after his game on the weekend. Just to say "*en awesome job Pauly," and shake his hand.

Either way thanks for organising this. Great job.

All set to go for tomorrow evening, folks! PM has been sent to those registered to attend with a reminder and some details.

For those (player sponsors) who can't attend, I extend to you this opportunity;

I'll be MC'ing a Q&A session with LDU and Ahern during the event. As this is a bit of a risk for the club (hehe), they've asked if I can pre-submit some questions to them by tomorrow lunch time.

If you've got questions you'd like me to ask the boys, reply to this thread!

Keep them clean, tasteful, etc. Obviously the club's not going to approve any inappropriate questions :)

How does LDU see his year thus far and what sort of feedback are the coaches giving him? Does he feel additional pressure due to his draft selection number or is he able to keep his own expectations in check given that this year's his first playing against grown adults who've been in the AFL system for awhile?

What's Paul's plan for the remainder of 2018? How is his body holding up to the rigours of senior AFL footy thus far?

Paul: After 2 games of senior footy, what stood out as the difference between playing against the bottom team and a top 4 contender?

LDU: Does BT butchering your name in the game commentary slightly annoy you or really annoy you?

For Luke:
  • Where did he guess he was heading in the weeks and days leading up to the draft?
  • What does he think are his main areas for development in the next preseasons based on his experience in the system so far?
For Paul:
  • What position does he seem himself most suited to long term?
  • Are there any senior players or coaches at the club he worked with in particular to improve his game during his time out?
Thanks Chadwiko.

Thanks to all who came along tonight!

I'll leave reports/wrap up to other attendees, but I'll just say that the feedback from the club was that they loved how tonight went. Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern both seemed to have a good time as well.

A lot of fun, a lot of laughs, and a lot of sausages left over.

Group photo (a few people had left by this stage)

upload_2018-6-12_20-1-19.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Chad for organising a great night and some well cooked snags.

I stand by my observation that north posters are a lot uglier in person.

Chad,

Thanks for organising this event mate. You did a great Job. With its success maybe I'm hoping its something we might get to do every year? (That's my wish, the realities of it may be a different story)

it was great to talk to Paul and LDU for a little while. it was great to ask paul what was it like playing on Danger, Selwoosd and Ablett and what it was like to stop Danger from kicking a goal. Both are humble, friendly and I hope impressed with us as fans and we really wanted to get to know them

It was great to see fusion and Giantroo wo I haven't seen for a while and it was great to meet the rest of you.

If this is on again I'd advise all of you to come if you can

My thanks too Chad, was nice to meet the boys but also great to see some old(er) faces from the Bigfooty crew and a few new ones. Standing next to LDU - he's a tall kid and has a mountain of physical work to do. Patience with this one, he's just a kid trying to play what is physically one of the toughest roles.

Thanks to all who came along tonight!

I'll leave reports/wrap up to other attendees, but I'll just say that the feedback from the club was that they loved how tonight went. Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern both seemed to have a good time as well.

A lot of fun, a lot of laughs, and a lot of sausages left over.

Group photo (a few people had left by this stage)

View attachment 511218

Spewin' I couldn't get there. I know at least seven of you dodgy folk in the pic (not including players) and it would've been great to meet the rest of the attendees.

How long did it go for all up and did the Q&A plus facilities tour take place?

Spewin' I couldn't get there. I know at least seven of you dodgy folk in the pic (not including players) and it would've been great to meet the rest of the attendees.

How long did it go for all up and did the Q&A plus facilities tour take place?
Most arrived prior to 5:30, finished on 7.
A few hung about after having a drink outside.
Q & A was held but unsure of any tour.

Were the players put out at all by GR being the main attraction?
Can only speak for myself but when asked at home whcih players were in attendance, I had to think about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back