Player Sponsorship 2018 Player Sponsorship - Bank details

Remove this Banner Ad

Rightio... a bit of an update.

I'm hoping to have all monies in by the end of February at absolute latest. The Season Launch is not far away, so if you haven't already done so, please deposit your pledges into Messenger's account as soon as you can.

Cheers !

Hi Garf,

$40.31 from me.

The 31 represents the 10minutes of football in 2008 that put a stake through Geelong's heart.:D

The transaction was today, 15/02/2018.
I'm intrigued, how does 31 represent 10 minutes?

I'm intrigued, how does 31 represent 10 minutes?

31 is the Guernsey number worn by Stuart Dew (now Gold Coast coach).
During the 2008 Grand Final, he almost single handedly blew the game apart with 10 minutes of impact football.
(Some say 3 minutes, others 15 minutes. generally 10 minutes is accepted).
I always appreciated his work all the more, as he was referred to as "Too Fat" or "Too Old".
I remain too old and too fat.

The whole scenario was another example of Clarkson genius.
The previous season Dew was working as an adelaide footy commentator, having previously retired from Port Adelaide.
Thanks to Clarko, Dew became a Premiership hero.

31 is the Guernsey number worn by Stuart Dew (now Gold Coast coach).
During the 2008 Grand Final, he almost single handedly blew the game apart with 10 minutes of impact football.
(Some say 3 minutes, others 15 minutes. generally 10 minutes is accepted).
I always appreciated his work all the more, as he was referred to as "Too Fat" or "Too Old".
I remain too old and too fat.

The whole scenario was another example of Clarkson genius.
The previous season Dew was working as an adelaide footy commentator, having previously retired from Port Adelaide.
Thanks to Clarko, Dew became a Premiership hero.

Of course, the number on his back. Here I was thinking the 31 represented the 31 minutes (and 38 seconds) of the third quarter, with the ten being the minutes dew was on fire. But I couldn't see how it related enough to mention. But the number on his back makes so much more sense.

Bump....

Update time... we're around $600 outstanding in pledges that haven't been converted into payments. If you haven't done so, please forward funds to Messenger's account in the original post of this thread. Many thanks for attending to this.

The reality is, in a week or so we may be having a discussion about which player we'll be 'delisting' from our ranks if the money isn't raised by the end of this month.

Garf I paid my money about a fortnight ago however I haven't seen a receipt number.
I am concerned that my money hasn't found its way to the account. Cheers Libby Lou

It's been received. Thanks for that. I'm issuing a new batch of receipt numbers shortly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another update...

The Season Launch is in two weeks - 6:30pm on Tuesday 6th March, at the MCG Members Dining Room. More info shortly.

This of course doesn't leave much time to pay our way (I've already received the bill !), and select some attendees.

Tickets for the Season Launch shall be drawn early next week, winners notified by PM.

This event is at the MCG Members Dining Room on Tuesday March 6th, and kicks off (pun intended !) at 6:30pm. Dress code is formal (suit, tie, clean jocks etc) and parking is available under the arena. I have also been advised that this event is 18+ age limited.

There's still a few outstanding pledges to make their way to the bank account, and time is rapidly running out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back