2018 Player sponsorship

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW Sponsorships now available :-

https://corporate.carltonfc.com.au/...gisterId=c3dcf8f5-f7db-4311-996b-b4276122122c

MARQUEE PLAYERS
Lauren Arnell
Darcy Vescio
Brianna Davey
Tayla Harris
Nicola Stevens
Sarah Hosking
Jess Hosking

PACKAGE INCLUSIONS
  • Two tickets to the Guernsey Club AFLW Season Launch Event at Ikon Park
  • Two tickets to an AFLW match-day function
  • Two tickets to the Carlton FC AFLW Best and Fairest
  • One Carlton FC guernsey signed by your player
  • One Guernsey Club scarf with player number
  • Recognition in the player profile section of the Carlton FC Season Guide
  • Recognition on the player profile page on the Carlton FC website
  • Photo with player on Carlton FC website

INVESTMENT
Marquee - $2,150 per player
Senior - $1,650 per player

Thanks Aph. I'll try and call up this afternoon and reserve a player.

Anyone interested in participating, please post in this thread and/or private message. We should try and get the money together ASAP. We've got a little bit of money left over and Chief has pledged $200 on behalf of BF. So I think we can get this done. But we will need to move fast.

'What's in it for me?' I hear you ask.

All donations earn a badge.
$50+ earns a 1-year gold BF membership (no ads plus other perks)
$100+ earns 1-year platinium BF membership (no ads plus other perks plus other perks)

Also, there's lots of goodies from the actual sponsorship like free tix to club events (to be split up between donating crew) as per Aph's post above. I went to the club launch event in 2016 and it was a great night. And season launches are much more exciting these days as we progress on our journey....

EDIT: Called the club. Players went 'on sale' today, but last years sponsors get first chance to renew (fair enough). The ones that 'drop off' and draftees are then up for grabs as of Monday 4-Dec (expecting club to call me on that date). Would really be good to have all money ready to roll on that date.

Last edited:

So, going to start passing round the money tin on this one.

There is absolutely no obligation to contribute, but if you say you are interested, I will follow you up for an amount and then chase you for cash.

Again, if you don't want to or can't contribute, no pressure at all, just say so. No problems, no judging.

I just think if I don't chase people up somewhat proactively, this is going to drag on and we won't get over the line.

Let Operation LeaveMeAloneFerris begin!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy to put in $100 - and just a thought to consider ( may be a bit radical?) why dont we sponsor a women's team player?...

I love the idea of sponsoring an AFLW player.

They women's team probably needs the money more, would find it harder to find sponsors (I'm guessing) and I love the 'ground up' aspect. Plus it wouldn't surprise me if the women are more appreciative and engaging with sponsors as it's possibly more special for them.

On the other hand, the season is shorter (less time to follow your player etc), the season is over by March, the players are not as prominent and it's unproven on the Carlton board from a fundraising perspective.

There have been some suggestions to sponsor one from each team. That would be my ideal scenario, but I strongly doubt we'll raise the funds. Happy to give it a crack. If we make enough money, wunderbar! If not, we'll take a vote (male vs female player). Most votes win. If anyone has committed to or paid for sponsorship and is not interested in donating for the winning team, I will refund the money....It may also come down to who is available. If we could get SPS vs Alison Downie, I'm probably going with SPS. But if it's pick 73 vs Alison Downie, I'm probably going with Downie.

Happy to take feedback.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back