2018 PODs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

For all this talk of James Siciliy, I'm still running with Bernie Vince. Price is similar whilst Vince's consistency will set him aside from Siciliy.

Don't get me wrong, the Hawk could show me up and when he does, will eat humble pie but at this stage not being tempted by it.

To be honest I wouldn't go near either. What interests you about Vince? At a glance put together a horrendous season last year, where as Sicily at least had a role change/scores to match.

Blake Hardwick. Hodgey mkII, plenty of balls.

I thought Bernie is borderline fighting to stay in melbournes best 22 let alone putting up respectable scores.

He's 33 this year, and his averaged dropped almost 20PPG in 2017. Think i'll pass cobber.
Thinking the same
No spot for him in their midfield, and with guys like Salem, Hunt and Lewis playing at half back, probably no spot down back as well

I wouldn't go anywhere near him

For all this talk of James Siciliy, I'm still running with Bernie Vince. Price is similar whilst Vince's consistency will set him aside from Siciliy.

Don't get me wrong, the Hawk could show me up and when he does, will eat humble pie but at this stage not being tempted by it.
You normally make excellent calls, but this is not one of them ......Bernie is 32 yo , who had a poor year last year & been on the BIG slide the last 2 years ......there's no resurrection occurring !
upload_2018-2-18_11-2-12.png

Consistency ?
upload_2018-2-18_10-59-53.png

Thinking the same
No spot for him in their midfield, and with guys like Salem, Hunt and Lewis playing at half back, probably no spot down back as well

I wouldn't go anywhere near him
Was excellent two years ago ......but he's found love & lost his Mojo .....that and his age :p

Wilson over all of them.

Freo half backs are traditionally hard to trust. Duffman had a decent run for a while but apart from him and a brief spurt from Ibbotson, who else in Freo’s defence has been fantasy relevant under Lyon?

I like Wilson as a player and I like his SC price but who knows whether he will be used enough in the game plan to rack up the required 90 point average.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon he’s done! Lucky to play 15 imo

He played 19 games in 2017. The least he has played since 2012. The three games he missed were suspension.

My worry is the low totals he produces when the Demons win. A 50, 66, 6 (x2), 41 is the major worry.

Looking at it more, may actually play around with my side a touch more. He and my current F3 are my two worries.

You normally make excellent calls, but this is not one of them ......Bernie is 32 yo , who had a poor year last year & been on the BIG slide the last 2 years ......there's no resurrection occurring !
View attachment 460908

Consistency ?
View attachment 460906

As per my last comment, going to look elsewhere.

Currently just shifted LDU down to a bargain priced Dom Barry and then upgraded Bernie Vince to Brandon Ellis who looks set to explode and set him as my D4.

Currently just shifted LDU down to a bargain priced Dom Barry and then upgraded Bernie Vince to Brandon Ellis who looks set to explode and set him as my D4.

Ellis is a much better pick than Vince, but unfortunately LDU is a much better pick than Barry who may not even get any games.

I can see Barry doing ok in the JLT series, where there's less pressure .......haven't seen him play, but isn't he an outside player ?

I think there are far better options than Barry ......but we're all guessing at this stage

I can see Barry doing ok in the JLT series, where there's less pressure .......haven't seen him play, but isn't he an outside player ?

I think there are far better options than Barry ......but we're all guessing at this stage

I watched him closely in AFLX and he was woeful disposing of the ball and very outside.

Cannot honestly see him getting to many games with Port pushing for a top 4 spot this season with a loaded midfield already.

I watched him closely in AFLX and he was woeful disposing of the ball and very outside.

Cannot honestly see him getting to many games with Port pushing for a top 4 spot this season with a loaded midfield already.
Think he's a wing / forward ......outside players, unless they're very good, scare me .....i'll be staying right away

I'm even nervous about the Saints Freeman, but gung-ho on Worpel

Just joined this thing, don't let my modest title fool ya though. Can't separate Dahl, R Gray and Walters up forward. Gray massive ceiling, but then he gets those below-40 stinkers, similar with Walters as well. Dahl seems like the most consistent for me, but these days he gets more bloody handballs than points. Pretty stuck with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back