Autopsy 2018 post-trade week wrap!

May 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Isn’t there a second list lodgement date and second delisted free agency period still to come?

Friday 9 November 2pm - List Lodgement (2); TPP Pre-Season Estimates (2)

Saturday 10 November - AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) Commences

Friday 16 November 2pm – NAB AFL Trade Period Closes (for exchange of selections only).

Friday 16 November 2pm - Delisted Primary List Draft Nomination Form Lodgement; Non–Retained Rookie Players Draft Nomination Form Lodgement; Players Not Registered or Played for Three years Rookie List Form Lodgement; New or Expired (after 3 years) Draft Nomination Form Lodgement, AFL Father-Son Bidding Nominations, Final Draft Nomination Form Lodgement.

Friday 16 November 5pm - AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) Closes

http://m.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2018-09-10/key-offseason-dates

Wednesday 31 October 2pm - List Lodgement (1) ; Rookie Promotion to Primary List; Retained 2nd & 3rd Year Rookies; International Scholarship Player; Alternate Talent Player Nominations; Club Notification of Rookie Players Not Accepting a Contract of Offer; Nomination of Draft Eligible Father/Son; Northern Academy, Next Generation Academy Players Lodged; TPP Pre-Season Estimates (1).

Thursday 1 November - AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) Commences

Thursday 8 November - AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) Closes, Out of Contract Listed AFL Primary List Players Draft Nomination Form and Player Request for Removal from List Form Lodged with AFL

Friday 9 November 2pm - List Lodgement (2); TPP Pre-Season Estimates (2)

Saturday 10 November - AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) Commences

Friday 16 November 2pm – NAB AFL Trade Period Closes (for exchange of selections only).

Friday 16 November 2pm - Delisted Primary List Draft Nomination Form Lodgement; Non–Retained Rookie Players Draft Nomination Form Lodgement; Players Not Registered or Played for Three years Rookie List Form Lodgement; New or Expired (after 3 years) Draft Nomination Form Lodgement, AFL Father-Son Bidding Nominations, Final Draft Nomination Form Lodgement.

Friday 16 November 5pm - AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) Closes
Sweet. So I'm guessing that, provided there's no specific rules on which deadline is for which, we can delist with intent to re-rookie before any of those List Lodgement deadlines.

In which case, we might be able to take Cyril/4th pick.

Ta.

Sep 24, 2009
Right here
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Australian International Sides
[
"my mail is they haven't exchange telegrams a comma a bit more than that". Makes it worse.

Yep...(if it helps?)...Telegrams had no period or symbols following a sentence or word..(as they were charged out as a word).... so they used the word 'stop' instead.

Flossie32

Team Captain
May 28, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Anyone think we are going to pick up any other delisted players? Like Whitecross for eg?

Criminal how much of a mastermind Noble is. BRAB your thoughts?

Thank God somebody asked.

Apologies for my delay, I was a political prisoner.

Grabbing Lyons for free completes the greatest alpha move in trade period history.

Make no mistake, Lyons was worth at least a pick in the 20's.

Apply the acquisition of Lyons to whatever trade you want, but the end game is we decoupled the Beams trade from the Fremantle and Collingwood empire by doing a pick swap with our minnow little brother down the road. This pick swap was worth it for the negotiating position it gave us against Collingwood.

Daddy noble, having seen the concerns on some on bigfooty, giggled to himself. He knew what was coming.

Lyons makes the gold coast trade look ridiculously in our favour.

List management wise, we have turned some top end first round picks and Beams into Neale, Lyons and two bottom end first round picks.

The AFL giving Collingwood the hardest draw in the competition only makes this trade better. I've been stoked since Wednesday, so glad to finally speak to nobles brilliance.

Also, total power move in offering a contracted player a 3 year deal after the trade period was over. We missed out on a free agent, so we created one out of thin air.

Can't wait to go to the fixture thread now and hear some really balanced discourse on the merger deal.

Thank God somebody asked.

Apologies for my delay, I was a political prisoner.

Grabbing Lyons for free completes the greatest alpha move in trade period history.

Make no mistake, Lyons was worth at least a pick in the 20's.

Apply the acquisition of Lyons to whatever trade you want, but the end game is we decoupled the Beams trade from the Fremantle and Collingwood empire by doing a pick swap with our minnow little brother down the road. This pick swap was worth it for the negotiating position it gave us against Collingwood.

Daddy noble, having seen the concerns on some on bigfooty, giggled to himself. He knew what was coming.

Lyons makes the gold coast trade look ridiculously in our favour.

List management wise, we have turned some top end first round picks and Beams into Neale, Lyons and two bottom end first round picks.

The AFL giving Collingwood the hardest draw in the competition only makes this trade better. I've been stoked since Wednesday, so glad to finally speak to nobles brilliance.

Also, total power move in offering a contracted player a 3 year deal after the trade period was over. We missed out on a free agent, so we created one out of thin air.

Can't wait to go to the fixture thread now and hear some really balanced discourse on the merger deal.
Thank God you’re back, I was getting close to the point of poking a rat just for the interaction.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
The AFL review of each club's pre-season by the 'staff writers' has us delisting and rookie listing another player - I'm thinking Archie Smith if that's the case.
Who ever we delist can be picked up in the National Draft by another club. With so few ruckmen in this years draft, we could possibly lose Archie to another club.

Back