Toast 2018 Poster of the Year

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something keeps me coming back to Rocky though, I don't know what it is? :drunk:

Let me tell you a story young fella.

During the bye rounds last year I was in the top 140. Fast cars, swimsuit models, Cohiba Behike cigars, '92 Grange Hermitage. Life was good.
A luxury trade later and I purchased Mr Rockliff at $645,000.
5 rounds later I was drinking a 5 litre death box on a park bench, collecting cigarette butts from the gutter and couldn't afford a 2 buck hooker.

Think carefully JM.

They actually made a play about that trade.

rocky-horror-picture-show-.jpg

And along came the bye rounds
4f57af846e1de9de100a8a01bd409ce4.gif

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

I see Narkle is playing. I knew he had a weird first name thought didn't realise it was Quinton.

For some reason I thought it was Pharq.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What was the cost in the end?

13 points ......:p

That's nothing. Try losing 113 points.

You'll all need some popcorn for this tale.

So I had all my loops set before dinner. Hogan fwd E with Boak & Liam ryan on the forward bench for a possible loop if Hoges spuds up. (I would have moved Boak on field today, because even he can go 60+)

Ahern with the mid E which I would have looped with Fyfe in the unlikely even that Ahern scored 120+ otherwise Fyfe > Macrae Sunday arvo.

Finished dinner and sat down a few minutes before the Suns/Blues game and log into Fanfooty. As usual it's down just before the game, so I log into BF for some pre-game banter.

It is now 7.24pm and these are the first 2 posts I see.

1.JPG

2.JPG

You know where this is going don't you?

Anyway, try and refresh FF a minute before lockout to see if there is a white vest icon on Crippa but site is still down and nobody on BF de-bunking the injured during warm up, is in the rooms claim and it's 30 seconds to lockout.

So this sucker goes and puts Hogan on field (60 points) moves Boak to M8 and BENCHES Cripps' 173 with 1 second to spare.

I mean, why would anyone on a SC forum post that a player has injured themselves in the warm up 2 minutes before the game starts just for the lolz right and why would another confirm it?

With only a few seconds to go I had no time to think about it and just went on instinct, as memories of a similar thing happening to Heath Shaw a couple of minutes before a game cost me a Def doughnut a few years back because I couldn't get him off the field in time still etched somewhere in my subconscious.

Anyway, at first Cripps was tagged and wasn't scoring that well and I thought, you know this **** up might still turn out ok if Cripps scores 80 due to a heavt tag. But no, Murphy channels his 2017 self and Dew moves the tag away from Cripps and on to Murphy.

Checked the scores at 1/2 time and Cripps had just about tonned up already. At that point I went completely numb, closed FF and rolled up in the foetal position and started watching a 2 hour youtube documentary on history's greatest monster, Stalin. Thinking, this will put things into perspective, I mean what's worse, killing, torturing & starving tens of millions of your own people or posting fake news about a warm up injury causing a gullible idiot to bench Cripps in SC the night he goes 173 which ended up costing him 113 SC points as he had Hogan (60) on field instead of Cripps (173) which will end up costing him any chance of fulfilling a lifelong dream of finishing top100 in SC?

Now, I could rant and rave like a Hitler meme, but I actually blame myself for taking people on face value and am embarrassed by my own stupidity. But I will own that. Onya Quazza you got me, you got me good.

In case any of you campaigners were wondering how I used my last 2 trades...

View attachment 544080

Eat the largest bag of dicks, Luke Ryan. You are now the second player on my "Never Again" list along with Sam ******* Jacobs.

What a way to cap of an absolute shitshow of a season.
MovingPictures.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back