Banter 2018 Pre-season chat, non-footy stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm still waiting, after seven years for The rabbi's shout! :p

Well I would shout you a drink but when you are down in Geelong but you are too busy chatting up to the young lads at LOTI.

It's funny as I was right into B&S' when I was a younger lad... never ever saw any trouble at one...
The bundy issues I saw were more people out at clubs/pubs
Yeah I've actually seen no serious trouble at them. But I've always seen people get agro by the end of the night & plenty of punch ons but more your old school fights of one dude (or chick) having a go at each other one on one.
A lot better I guess than a lot of s**t that happens out with groups of people bashing one guy or coward punches from behind.

All this beer talk is most disturbing for a rum drinker....its time you boys stepped up and hit the rum bottle.....any takers for favorite rum?
Bundy Red.

Well I would shout you a drink but when you are down in Geelong but you are too busy chatting up to the young lads at LOTI.
Rabbi, if you opened your wallet to shout a beer, there would be a moth plague in Geelong! :p;)

I was advised by a companion “always have the corn to start” which was good advice. Then a selection of different tacos. And a quesadilla.

Yes. I was hungry!

Sounds delicious, good selection too. The grilled corn with cheese, lime + their mayo is the best. Their food is authentic Mexican, which you probably know, whereas many Mexican restaurants here are Tex Mex.

Sounds like we should have a BF meet-up at Marmasita, before a Melbourne game.

Wish we had the fast food chain 'Chipotle' in Australia. When I was flying home from Washington, had the most amazing burrito. Chipotle has a commitment to food with integrity - kindly raised - free range animals, some organic produce etc. Excellent quality, delicious Mexican fast food. Plus they serve Margaritas using Silver Patron, yum!

Not sure if this fits the 'News' category, it's amusing though. Dangerfield's sister was married on the weekend, look what he did to her!

26731617_1332127450266806_24220177886030917_n.jpg

Hope his thumb is OK ;)

As for best beer, honestly the really ''hoppy'' craft pale ales are fantastic,

I agree, but can only have 3-4 four of them in a session before switching to a chaser like Furphy or Fat Yak or Coopers.

Rum is my spirit of choice.. and my lovely will get me a bottle for xmas/birthday or fathers day normally.. but she does her research and finds something that is highly rated.

Also bastards talking rum.... forced me to have a Captains

Have you tried Bacardi 151 (75% or something)? A colleague bought a shot for me and another colleague thinking we wouldn't be able to handle it, was pretty tasteless and needed a chaser afterward.

Beer (the amber nectar) culture question:
Do Aussies drink their lagers other lighter beers with ice? Just wondering because I picked up the habit when I moved to the tropics. Back in the day I would have thought it sacrilege even for crap American beer like Bud etc. But since refrigeration wasn't a big thing in smaller establishments it did come in handy. Now its mandatory for me, the beer has to be ice cold. Never for an ale or darker of course. So you guys rehydrate while you imbibe? :)

'nother question: how do those Melbourne bitters compare to your basic London bitter. that's the benchmark for me and only a few craft brewers have gotten it right.

if any of these make it to some funky import shop get it a try, every one I've tried was excellent. even the fruity ones :) the best southern Taiwan has to offer.
22406482_1510031925750861_106478938429173018_n.jpg

Rabbi, if you opened your wallet to shout a beer, there would be a moth plague in Geelong! :p;)

The rumours on this page that I would not shout if a shark bit me are greatly exaggerated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have not seen any explanation for why they sacked Ox and Marko.
I can see why they got the arse as they were prime time and maybe not getting the ratings.
I can imagine a lot of loyal listeners really missing Finey though. Is on late but has he's dedicated listeners who may switch dials.

I can see why they got the arse as they were prime time and maybe not getting the ratings.
I can imagine a lot of loyal listeners really missing Finey though. Is on late but has he's dedicated listeners who may switch dials.
He’s very niche though finey. I’m not sure another station would pick him up anyway.

SEN have sacked Finey.
Hutchy's a mad nutter.

Firstly moves KB to afternoon's to accommodate nerdling (Whateley). Dumps Ox to do so.
Dumps Robbo because there's a personality clash, despite Robbo being 10 times the journo that the fat man is.

Can't say he's made good changes.

If you buy a business that isn’t performing you’ve got to change things up. With radio the main thing you can change is the on-air talent. It’s no surprise that Hutchy is shaking things up. Whether it works will of course depend on who the replacements are.

Yeah doubt the will. Just seems strange to sack him. Doubt anyone else will pick up more listeners at that time
I think his rationale might be no one will get any less. Don’t know if a lack of mark fine will stop any of those people being those who like to spent their evenings calling talkback radio.

The rumours on this page that I would not shout if a shark bit me are greatly exaggerated.
Hahahahaha!!!

Don't say that! We need to keep your 'mystique' going!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back