Training 2018 Pre Season Discussion and Progress

Remove this Banner Ad

Papley should spend some time in the midfield and give guys like parker and heeney a chop out. However pur best and most potent forward line needs papley to play predominately as a forward.

I also like the idea at playing rohan at full forward for extended stretches. We have a few different set up that horse refuses to use.

Examples.

Buddy at full forward and reid at chf
Sinclair at full forward and buddy chf
Sinclair at full forward and reid at chf
Isolate buddy one out
Reid at full forward and sinclair at chf with bud pushing up.

Rohan at full forward will give alot of teams headaches...he could effectively be a homeless mans dangerfield. Explosive off the mark, good hands and a better set shot.

We need to try all possible rotations throughout the year and make it harder for opposition to plan for us

Just good to see AJ back out there looking happy and focused

I seriously thought him done. With each setback, it escapes me how he keeps fighting his way through. How many athletes would have called it a career after half of the procedures and rehabilitation AJ has been through? I don't know about the rest of you, but when he makes it back to a senior game? I am not ashamed to predict my eyes won't be dry. In fact, I am keeping a mop and bucket close. A big load of hopes and prayers will finally be paid off.

If anyone watching isn't moved by him, they need to check their pulse.

I used to believe in fairy floss balloons and clowns until one day I realised that many clowns are just paedaphiles using an opportunity to get close to their prey. Where there once was dreams now is accompanied by cynicism. I would love to believe that the club is motivated solely by welfare of AJ. Lets face it, it is a major PR outcome and boon for Swans within the whole AFL community if he makes it back on the unflinching support of Swans. Others who were able bodied like ROK didn't get that loyalty. They had reached the end of course and how could the club sacrifice for them? Yes agree.....we must always be moving forward and doors get closed accordingly.

This year is the acid test for AJ. As much as I would love the dream, I don't think it's going to happen. And if he doesn't I will shed a tear but my thoughts won't just be of AJ it will be all players who've been left with unfulfilled dreams

Last edited:
AJ is clogging our list. it is beyond a joke now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This x10000. Just hit targets! There's been nothing wrong with who we are kicking to for the most part.
Or even just kick it to the advantage of our players. I know Papley, Rohan and Buddy can get the ball off the ground pretty well they just need it not kicked over their heads.

AJ clearly has plenty still to give.....like the compromising pictures of Horse or Tom Harley he must have. :p

it was clear on his neafl return that the game has passed him by. his retention cost us an extra rookie pick.

Off topic but got email from club today about the pre game function before rd1 but does anyone know if they will have a members only training session like past years?
Don't know but will be giving them a call on Monday to find out.... please let me know if you hear :)

By the sounds of Kirk today we won’t be changing much and will be sticking with the taller forward line/2rucks

Well if something fails, keep trying and trying it over again

The 1930s called. They want their movie star back.
I don't reckon he'd be struggling for bed warmers.

Well, I hope somebody has found him a stunt double, or he has the good sense to not imagine a chain is a hurtle this year. I hear he has tired of the jokes about it, but that was begging for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back