NFL 2018 - Pre-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coach John Harbaugh and owner Steve Bisciotti were both fined for undisclosed infractions of league rules, while the Ravens also had to forfeit two OTA practices.

The Ravens are now repeat offenders after losing three OTA practices in 2016 when they had players in pads at rookie minicamp. It's probably a similar infraction this time around. Harbaugh was fined $50,000, and Bisciotti was docked $100,000. It hasn't worked to make the Ravens any good.

Source: Jeff Zrebiec on Twitter

49ers MLB Reuben Foster pleaded no contest to his misdemeanor assault rifle possession charge from February.

Foster will do 232 hours of community service, serve two years probation, and is forbidden from possessing guns or ammunition. It wraps up Foster's laundry list of legal issues this offseason. The whole thing is now in the NFL's hands as to whether it wants to hand down any punishment for Foster. We'd have to think he's suspended multiple games for the upcoming season.

Source: Robert Salonga on Twitter

===========

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the NFL is "mulling" a multi-game suspension for 49ers MLB Reuben Foster.

As expected. Even though Foster avoided a litany of charges stemming from multiple offseason incidents, he's still not out of the clear in the league's eyes. The NFL has suspended players on a number of occasions even if they've been cleared in court. Odds are good Foster is suspended in 2018.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Maybe Edelman wasn’t such a TB12 advocate after all, broccoli juice wasn’t working for him.

I mean clearly he wasn’t following the program properly anyway otherwise he never would have done his ACL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And the rest... the whole defense was jacked up.

As for being over it... do we forgive Ben Johnson, Lance Armstrong etc? **** no. And they don't deserve it either.
I have forgiven Ben Johnson

Texans S Andre Hal has been diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma.

"My faith in God and the support from my family, friends, teammates and coaches will see me through this difficult time," Hal said in a statement. "I will not let this diagnosis stop me from fulfilling my dreams and I do not want anyone to feel sorry for me. I know how to beat this and I will beat it." It is unclear what this means for Hal's football future, but that is obviously a secondary concern at this point. We wish him a fast recovery.

Source: houstontexans.com

NBC Sports Boston's Tom Curran reports there is "zero truth" to Rob Gronkowski trade rumors.

Twitter worked itself into a tizzy after rumors of an imminent trade involving Gronkowski surfaced, but those rumors appear to be baseless. Perhaps the Patriots look to move Gronkowski if their current contract dispute turns nasty, but as of now, there is little reason to think the tight end will be anywhere but New England Week 1.

Source: Tom Curran on Twitter

Former Browns and Bucs TE Kellen Winslow was arrested and charged with felony first-degree burglary in California on Thursday.

Winslow allegedly robbed a mobile home and tailed off in his SUV after being confronted by a neighbor. He was later pulled over and booked on the charges. Winslow, 35 next month, hasn't played since appearing in 12 games for the Jets in 2013. He also had a pit stop with New England in 2012.

Source: NBC San Diego

Still not as embarrassing as crashing your motorbike in an empty car park while attempting a front wheel mono.

And nearly ending your career in the process.

And having the security footage leaked to your team after you lied about how the accident happened.

Martin is currently on his 5th year option which probably means they'll lump that into the deal - I'm guessing 6 years $81 million with $33 million guaranteed. Martin is currently owed over $9 million in salary this year, so to sign he'll get a token salary plus a big signing bonus to ease him through the pain of the negotiation.

That'll surpass the Norwell contract (5 years $66.5 million) in total remuneration, average per year and guarantees.

Making it a 6 year contract means that the Cowboys can turn some of next years salary into a signing bonus to reduce his cap number again next year (a very Cowboys tactic BTW)

Luck is throwing.

FaintTerrificCowrie-size_restricted.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back