2018 general discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone got some suggestions for membership next year? Contemplating the membership options.
Reserved silver/gold or GA.
Had a 3 Game GA a few years back and hated it couldn't get a seat but they now have a larger seating area. The problem is I hate sitting behind goals limited views.
Had a lounge membership thanks to my family for first 2 years fantastic wing seats and free food was great but can't afford that now.

My concerns are the view from different seating areas. The sun in the eyes during twighlight games and the atmosphere? Considering I'd be alone most times.
Also is it possible to get a ticket gameday for a friend to sit near me?
What are peoples opinions of the membership packs?

Can’t help you much I’m afraid as I will be downgrading my 5 memberships to the base $60 just to keep the foundation membership ticking over. I feel a bit dirty for not chipping in more but i have invested a massive amount of coin in the Suns on memberships, merch and auctions over the years and just can’t justify it next season.

Not sure what to do with my Ablett, O’Cockface, Harley, Dicko merch. I can only fit into the Dicko stuff the rest might have to become very expensive car cleaning rags as I can’t even auction them at my local junior club as they are all dickheads :(

Can’t help you much I’m afraid as I will be downgrading my 5 memberships to the base $60 just to keep the foundation membership ticking over. I feel a bit dirty for not chipping in more but i have invested a massive amount of coin in the Suns on memberships, merch and auctions over the years and just can’t justify it next season.

Not sure what to do with my Ablett, O’Cockface, Harley, Dicko merch. I can only fit into the Dicko stuff the rest might have to become very expensive car cleaning rags as I can’t even auction them at my local junior club as they are all dickheads :(
Yeah I understand ya Bigun. I'm confident I'll see some competitive footy under dew and really quite excited to see the talent we have growing. I dont expect many wins to be honest but I'm prepared this year to start investing in the club even if just for the basic no access membership.
But with
GA being $150
Silver $220
Gold $395
It's tempting to give it a go again despite my previous bad experiences.

Is the expanded GA seating worth the viewing?
Basically behind goals on ground and 1St level.
What's the silver seating like? Seems to be flank on ground or level 1 pockets.

Ideally gold would be my preference I love viewing from the wing but there is a bit of a difference in price. I guess I could sell the spare tickets I'm given to mates to recoup some of the cost.

Does anyone know what's included in this year's membership packs? I'm keen on a new polo and cap.

Yeah I understand ya Bigun. I'm confident I'll see some competitive footy under dew and really quite excited to see the talent we have growing. I dont expect many wins to be honest but I'm prepared this year to start investing in the club even if just for the basic no access membership.
But with
GA being $150
Silver $220
Gold $395
It's tempting to give it a go again despite my previous bad experiences.

Is the expanded GA seating worth the viewing?
Basically behind goals on ground and 1St level.
What's the silver seating like? Seems to be flank on ground or level 1 pockets.

Ideally gold would be my preference I love viewing from the wing but there is a bit of a difference in price. I guess I could sell the spare tickets I'm given to mates to recoup some of the cost.

Does anyone know what's included in this year's membership packs? I'm keen on a new polo and cap.

All the packages are listed on The Suns website....http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/

Anyone who buys the blue car park season pass, can you remember what last years cost? I can’t find an old invoice to check.

They are charging $105 this season for 7 games.

Downgrading to a non access supporter membership this year. Only one game in Adelaide. Last year that's the only game I got to with my sunscreamer away membership was the Adelaide one, didn't get to any on the Gold Coast. So spent $400 for my wife, my toddler and myself for one game. This year the supporter membership includes one game at metricon. So will hopefully get to one. I'll buy tickets to the game at Adelaide oval separately later.

I'll be re-newing my overseas supporters membership, including the "watchafl" pkg thru Fox Footy for $168, the same as last year. And this year as an extra, it includes 1 home game at Metricon, which suits me as I'll be back on the Goldy in August for a few weeks so I'll get to see one of those home games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be re-newing my overseas supporters membership, including the "watchafl" pkg thru Fox Footy for $168, the same as last year. And this year as an extra, it includes 1 home game at Metricon, which suits me as I'll be back on the Goldy in August for a few weeks so I'll get to see one of those home games.
In the same boat as you.

anyone know how far back seats need to be to avoid rain?
leaning towards gold membership the extra passes i can sell off to mates to recoup some of the costs meaning its only a small upgrade over silver for a better seat. but who knows sitting behind goals on level 2 might be a good spot.
anyone know why so many seats are unavailable to members on the new seating chart?
GCSUNS_2018_SeatingMap-1000x1318.jpg

anyone know how far back seats need to be to avoid rain?
leaning towards gold membership the extra passes i can sell off to mates to recoup some of the costs meaning its only a small upgrade over silver for a better seat. but who knows sitting behind goals on level 2 might be a good spot.
anyone know why so many seats are unavailable to members on the new seating chart?
GCSUNS_2018_SeatingMap-1000x1318.jpg
the roof at metricon is useless, I've come to the conclusion it's only there to hold the solar panels.
Every seat on ground level gets wet.
I'd say the back 10 rows up the top would be dry but all comes down to what way the wind is blowing

I'm downgrading from Silver to GA.
I've been in upper level 224 for 3 years. It's as far to western side as l can get yet the best seats are from 227 to 228 to my left right on the 50m and yet they are for players family and opposition hangers on WTF.
I've complained for 3 years about that they don't seem to care.
It's very frustrating to see people who don't give a hoot about the Club getting premium seats while the paying members get B grade seats.
Anyway GA for me.

Last edited:
the roof at metricon is useless, I've come to the conclusion it's only there to hold the solar panels.
Every seat on ground level gets wet.
I'd say the back 10 rows up the top would be dry but all comes down to what way the wind is blowing
i'm in silver, about halfway up. very rarely have we ever got rained on. we're completely undercover if you look up vertically, but yeah depends on the direction of the rain.
rain shouldn't be a deterrent though, for the wet weather games you'll be able to find a seat almost anywhere if you have to move to a dryer seat haha.

I've been relatively quiet about the Ablett leaving situation but I just wanted to share this. IF (this is a very big IF) the playing group was unsure about who the true leader was at the club given Gary captained the team for 6 years but was still there while May and Lynch captained this year, THEN this is Lynch and/or May's opportunity to really grasp the leadership role and demand more from their players as well as themselves. This is the message that needs to be driven by Dew.

Accountability is paramount.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back