Training 2018 Pre Season (How many houses will go down?)

Who's your tip to have the most impressive pre season?

• Willy Rioli

Votes: 40 20.5%
  • Daniel Venables

Votes: 59 30.3%
  • New Draftee

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • Luke Shuey

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • Elliot Yeo

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • Scott Lycett

Votes: 8 4.1%
  • Nic Naitanui

Votes: 13 6.7%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 29 14.9%
  • Other

Votes: 19 9.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

His record at Gold Coast isn't good I don't think. Seemed like he was always reaching in a bid to try to outsmart everyone, and not picking enough sure things.

Did recruit well for the lions back in the 90's... But that was a long time ago.

He will be at a club now with proper resources and in a new role so it will be interesting to see.

Played for Fitzroy
Bears recruiting manager in the 90's
Western Bulldogs in the 00's
Gold Coast since 08.

Can't exactly say success has followed him around.

Good recruitment might pay off after a recruiter has moved on.

If he had anything to do with:
90's: Luke Power, Simon Black, Jono Brown, Aker, Dan Bradshaw, Lappin, Scotts etc
early 00's: Cross, Lake, Boyd, Minson, Cooney, Griffen, Morris etc

The Lions won 3 flags in the early 00's and the Doggies made 3 prelims 08, 09, 10.

His record at Gold Coast isn't good I don't think. Seemed like he was always reaching in a bid to try to outsmart everyone, and not picking enough sure things.
Yeah commonly thought of as having too little consideration of risk.

Though he did want Minson at the Gold Coast. Dark Sharks FKASC or whichever memelord drools this stuff.

Scott Clayton takes slightly too many risks
Rohan O'Brien is slightly too conservative

Clayton has been very good at identifying midfield and flanker talent.
O'Brien has been very good at identifying tall talent.

Could make a very good team together.
Clayton will pick up Lamb in the 2018 draft. ;)

Someone knows how to press my buttons and send me into fits of frothing rage rofl.
Should delist Liam ryan and get him with next years first from when gaff leaves, could have had as a rookie why not second and a first rounder :think::poo:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So how is the Nic Nat/Vardy/Lycett situation going to play out? Im a massive Nic Nat guy so hope hes fully fit and firing but im a big rap on Lycett as well. Then Vardy has shown a fair bit.....

So how is the Nic Nat/Vardy/Lycett situation going to play out? Im a massive Nic Nat guy so hope hes fully fit and firing but im a big rap on Lycett as well. Then Vardy has shown a fair bit.....
Your guess is as good as ours, if NN is cooked than its likely Lycett and Vardy will both play. I think its a good situation to have regardless.

Prediction; in the new few weeks regarding Nic Nat, watch for our medical team to trot our one or more of the following lines:

- "pulled up a bit sore"
- "didn't quite come up"
- "post surgical complications"
- "taking longer then expected"
- "minor setback"
- "unexpected new inflammation"
- "slowly, slowly approach"

Watch for Nic to play.......in round 5-6. If we are lucky.

I hope I an wrong, but our medical team has never filled me with the greatest optimism

Thinking on going to the Port game on Sunday. Anyone have experience of just rocking up on the day and getting in on membership. I don't think its likely to sell out... I should be ok just getting in without booking?

Back