News 2018 Pre-season, huff, puff, houses-trained-down and NEWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Mind blowing. Is it because we don't have a great ruck set up with Smith, Stanley and or Blitz? Because Dangerfield and Menegola are ranked highly, Selwood should be ranked highly and Ablett is, well, Ablett.
Good.

Take the pressure off a bit. Let our team work from 7th up if they are good enough.

The press has been fapping about it all off season - and if they dont all get 40 a week each they'll be a labelled a failure.
Let them climb up from 7th. Fine by me - and yes I expect them to climb.

GO Catters

I've been busy lately and not keeping up...is there something wrong with Danger? My Hawk supporting boss was trolling me about him today.
he apparently has had a sore back, but they were saying he took part in the full match simulation (and absolutely burned) the other day... they have just been managing him apparently

Farmer2Goggin

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtics
Puff piece over here on the Radio about how Kelly has teamed up with Ablett as a training buddy in the preseason.
Gives him a huge chance for Round 1 as a Motlop replacement.
Rare to have a story about a non Docker or Eagle but shows how well regarded he is as a South Freo lad. Also reiterated that he was firmly on the Eagles radar.

Ablett stood out in the video on the webpage, Crameri did a couple of things too.
If you were being cynical you might suggest that had more to do with his opponent than him...

Also at the start of the match simulation is the player in blue who gets a tackle head on and shrugs it Gregson?

If you were being cynical you might suggest that had more to do with his opponent than him...

Also at the start of the match simulation is the player in blue who gets a tackle head on and shrugs it Gregson?
Yeah I reckon it is.. bit of strength there

Jun 30, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oz Bball, Equest, Net, Tenn, Voll

Which vid would that be, are you referring to Gaz or Crameri.?

Would like to see any current footage of Corza, almost like the Loch Ness monster at this stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When is the intra club match? Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-A300Y using Tapatalk
We don't have one.
They just do constant match simulation during training

Tell you what else caught my eye, Kelly hitting the fall of the ball at pace and bursting through.. and best of all, the sweeping handball to Gaz who was in space.
Handballs like that open up the entire game and great sign to see the awareness to do it.. too many don't

Nov 7, 2010
308 Negra Arroyo Lane Albuquerque New Mexico
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
WADA
Jul 11, 2005
On the Road to A.G
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
Tell you what else caught my eye, Kelly hitting the fall of the ball at pace and bursting through.. and best of all, the sweeping handball to Gaz who was in space.
Handballs like that open up the entire game and great sign to see the awareness to do it.. too many don't
Thats what made me happy. People complained Kelly didn't look fast in the AFLX match but if he makes space like that and is that clean getting the ball out of the centre then his speed can be turtle for all I care.

Which vid would that be, are you referring to Gaz or Crameri.?

Would like to see any current footage of Corza, almost like the Loch Ness monster at this stage.
http://www.geelongcats.com.au/video/2018-02-22/preseason-training-week-12

Kelly to GAJ to Crameri was silk.

Gregson fend off was heartening to see... Blitz did nicely to read play and take mark - and it looks like he beat out PFD for it.

ERat with a nice lead up mark.

And then good fast ball movement at the end giving Crameri and 1 on 1 with Blitz - and Crameri marks and goals.

Happy with these moments.

GO Catters

Feb 9, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
http://www.geelongcats.com.au/video/2018-02-22/preseason-training-week-12

Kelly to GAJ to Crameri was silk.

Gregson fend off was heartening to see... Blitz did nicely to read play and take mark - and it looks like he beat out PFD for it.

ERat with a nice lead up mark.

And then good fast ball movement at the end giving Crameri and 1 on 1 with Blitz - and Crameri marks and goals.

Happy with these moments.

GO Catters

Tim Kelly, absolutely lightning fast at the start of that clip.

dangerwood

Club Legend
Dec 19, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Thats what made me happy. People complained Kelly didn't look fast in the AFLX match but if he makes space like that and is that clean getting the ball out of the centre then his speed can be turtle for all I care.
Yeah I was in the questioning camp after AFLX but that training footage looked promising.

Back