News 2018 Pre-season, huff, puff, houses-trained-down and NEWS

Nov 12, 2002
AFL Club
Geelong
What on earth are you waffling on about. I was just curious as to who was the 4th. The constant obsession with his finals performances is the posting of utter dribblers.

But then again you’re obsessed with only 3 players aren’t you. Blicavs and finals. Menegola and finals and Selwood and ankles. Yet 15 players could be berated for finals performances given only really Joel and Dangerfield are consistently putting in good performances there.

So yeah I’ll shake my head when a less than 50 gamer is singled out.
Have a nice weekend.

Neither Joel Selwood nor Dangerfield put in consistently good finals performances last September. Both were below expectations.

I love the arrogance to presume you can read people's minds. Not remotely surprising. Not remotely accurate either. Since you brought up the subject, as long as the same players consistently fail when the pressure is on and the stakes are highest, I will absolutely call them out for it. Others in that merry band include Murdoch, Henderson (he's had 3 stinkers in the last two seasons), and Stanley for starters. The last name should generate an immediate like because you've been at least as critical of him as I am of anyone.

If you don't want to criticise players with less than 50 games' experience no problem. Obviously that would need to be consistent though; you couldn't suddenly slag off a 20 gamer because you don't like them - or even more pathetically - because posters you disagree with may even want that player to succeed. That would be more than a little hypocritical (it would also be hilarious).

Ultimately it depends what's most important to you; the success of the team, particularly in finals, and what players need to lift to move towards that, or scoring imaginary brownie points with a tribal coalition on an internet forum. I derive a little more pleasure from seeing the side win. Strange I know.

Neither Joel Selwood nor Dangerfield put in consistently good finals performances last September. Both were below expectations.

I love the arrogance to presume you can read people's minds. Not remotely surprising. Not remotely accurate either. Since you brought up the subject, as long as the same players consistently fail when the pressure is on and the stakes are highest, I will absolutely call them out for it. Others in that merry band include Murdoch, Henderson (he's had 3 stinkers in the last two seasons), and Stanley for starters. The last name should generate an immediate like because you've been at least as critical of him as I am of anyone.

If you don't want to criticise players with less than 50 games' experience no problem. Obviously that would need to be consistent though; you couldn't suddenly slag off a 20 gamer because you don't like them - or even more pathetically - because posters you disagree with may even want that player to succeed. That would be more than a little hypocritical (it would also be hilarious).

Ultimately it depends what's most important to you; the success of the team, particularly in finals, and what players need to lift to move towards that, or scoring imaginary brownie points with a tribal coalition on an internet forum. I derive a little more pleasure from seeing the side win. Strange I know.
Well I won’t dignify a patronising spiel with a response. Something you could work on :)

It's about mitigating the risk. Playing him in this stupid competition would be beyond stupid.
Sorry Stanley but I don’t agree. Whilst a novelty idea the furore over AFL-X imo is overstated. I mean Narkle had his season ended last year at training. We don’t stop guys training.

betchsta

Club Legend
May 1, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
27857874_1891254650915988_3995799928400410834_n.jpg

Damn, This has me excited about the season ahead.

Dec 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
After about 5 games to get used to the speed it does.

Physically perhaps, but there’s also the psychological aspect.....getting comfortable with your game, how to go about your role etc. This is often a bigger obstacle than the physical.

For example, look at Matty Hayden, Maxwell etc........skill wasn’t the issue in the first phase of their international career, it was their application and smarts. Different sport I know, but same thing.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Physically perhaps, but there’s also the psychological aspect.....getting comfortable with your game, how to go about your role etc. This is often a bigger obstacle than the physical.

For example, look at Matty Hayden, Maxwell etc........skill wasn’t the issue in the first phase of their international career, it was their application and smarts. Different sport I know, but same thing.
Hard to say. You could also argue it was maturity with age that made them better players regardless of experience. Maturity helps enormously with pyschological aspects.

Back