Teams 2018 Fantasy - Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somewhat settled on this so far. Thoughts? 89k Leftover.

View attachment 467758

I don't recall anyone winning the comp starting 3 rookies in DEF, you'll have to break the trend. The rest of your team is really solid, maybe a RUC/FOR at R2 like Frampton for versatility and keep an eye on Sam Murray in DEF playing off HB. If you decide to find a better best 22 option in DEF the cash will probably come from the FWDS but there are value options in there that will improve in price, they may not be keepers but they can get you closer to one. Best of luck.

If NicNat doesn't play in the first week McInnes will. Good luck having Lycett at R2 after that

Why so? Lycett will play as long as he is not injured. If he is with Nic Nat he might clunk a few marks and goals up forward, if McInnes is playing he will do the bulk of the rucking.

Hey legends, this is my first post on Big Footy looking to get some opinions on my line up. The team isn't set in stone but i reckon i'm on the right track, any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Not 100% on Redden, Selwood, Dusty (average JLT showing but we all know his potential), Ryder and Crisp.
Team.png

Hey legends, this is my first post on Big Footy looking to get some opinions on my line up. The team isn't set in stone but i reckon i'm on the right track, any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Not 100% on Redden, Selwood, Dusty (average JLT showing but we all know his potential), Ryder and Crisp.
View attachment 468067
welcome aboard...
team looks ok to me, I'm not a fan of Ryder at r2 due to the early bye though.

welcome aboard...
team looks ok to me, I'm not a fan of Ryder at r2 due to the early bye though.

Good call, i'm considering swapping him out for Goldy because i doubt Preus will get preference over him during the main season. Jacobs is another option.

View attachment 468067
I don't mind it...although your back and forward lines look weak.

I'm not a fan of expensive rookies on the mid bench. Depending on round 1 teams I'd look at downgrading Dow, Brayshaw or Kelly to say Holman or Banfield.

I don't mind it...although your back and forward lines look weak.

I'm not a fan of expensive rookies on the mid bench. Depending on round 1 teams I'd look at downgrading Dow, Brayshaw or Kelly to say Holman or Banfield.

cheers man! I definitely got some moves to make here

I don't recall anyone winning the comp starting 3 rookies in DEF, you'll have to break the trend. The rest of your team is really solid, maybe a RUC/FOR at R2 like Frampton for versatility and keep an eye on Sam Murray in DEF playing off HB. If you decide to find a better best 22 option in DEF the cash will probably come from the FWDS but there are value options in there that will improve in price, they may not be keepers but they can get you closer to one. Best of luck.
Moreira's Magic who won it last year started with two three premos, one midpricer (Callum Mills) and two rookies, he traded out Callum Mills in the first round of trades, with a bit of DPP action he traded Mills out and then went with three rookie defenders from round two. Traditionally it's been a popular structure and I've currently got three rookie defenders on the field back there.

So my team has changed a lot over the weeks, particularly my midfield. I originally started with the big 3 but have now gone with a mix of uber and fallen premos in midfield. Nicnat still at R2 which may be a concern. I also went with Parker despite still believing he will have consistency issues, he can throw up some horrible scores. Was considering Steven as well but can’t have both him and Parker in the same side. Went with the ultra consistent Duncan instead! So what do you think?

Def: Laird, Llyod, Sicily, Coffield, Murray, Doedee (Finlayson, Naughton)

Mid: Titch, Zerret, Duncan, Parker, Cogs, JOM, Brayshaw, Kelly (Barry, Holman)

Ruc: Gawn, Nicnat (English, D Cameron)

Fwd: Billings, Heeney, D Smith, B Ah Chee, Christensen, Fritsch (Keeffe, W Rioli)

Also, just wanted to say that it was a sad day when Rocky left my team. I was so confident in the pig but no JLT games is just too much of a risk. Have hardly heard anything about him all presason. Hopefully the Traders can chat with Rocky in one of their podcasts. Just need to hear his voice, and if he says he is good to go then he will be back in my team. If the Pig predicts another 180 in the podcast, not even Titch is safe from my side to make room.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So my team has changed a lot over the weeks, particularly my midfield. I originally started with the big 3 but have now gone with a mix of uber and fallen premos in midfield. Nicnat still at R2 which may be a concern. I also went with Parker despite still believing he will have consistency issues, he can throw up some horrible scores. Was considering Steven as well but can’t have both him and Parker in the same side. Went with the ultra consistent Duncan instead! So what do you think?

Fwd: Billings, Heeney, D Smith, B Ah Chee, Christensen, Fritsch (Keeffe, W Rioli)

Nice side
Ah Chee good to go you reckon? Worth the punt?

Not a bad looking side, you're backline is looking good. It's actually the exact same as mine excpect you've got Naughton, I think he's a really good rookie option one I'm personally trying to find the cash to bring in.

Midfield is looking good, you've got a good mix of proven premos and fallen premos. Nic Nat is a huge risk, I know he played a WAFL practice match and could get another practice match before the start of the season, you've got to question whether he could run risk of him being a late out. I know he'll make you money but will it be a slow ride, after not playing any AFL in basically 18 months, playing with a second ruckman and him never even being known for his point scoring is the risk worth the potential reward?

One thing you'll want to do in your forward line is trade out Ah Chee, he has an ankle injury and won't play round one.

Not a bad looking side, you're backline is looking good. It's actually the exact same as mine excpect you've got Naughton, I think he's a really good rookie option one I'm personally trying to find the cash to bring in.

Midfield is looking good, you've got a good mix of proven premos and fallen premos. Nic Nat is a huge risk, I know he played a WAFL practice match and could get another practice match before the start of the season, you've got to question whether he could run risk of him being a late out. I know he'll make you money but will it be a slow ride, after not playing any AFL in basically 18 months, playing with a second ruckman and him never even being known for his point scoring is the risk worth the potential reward?

One thing you'll want to do in your forward line is trade out Ah Chee, he has an ankle injury and won't play round one.
Cheers for the Ah Chee info! Can’t start him now but might still look to get him at some point. And yeah, Nicnat is still a big concern for me. I don’t want to go for another premo ruck because I just don’t know who the top rucks will be this year. So probably go with Lycett. R2 could be anyone one of Stef, Kreuz, Grundy.

Yeah I’ve flagged my interest on another thread. I have no idea how to set up and monitor a draft league but would be happy to join one if someone here makes it.

Which thread was that ? Did others show interest too? Might make a different thread.
And am happy to set it up.

Not too many weak links in that team. Good balance between the forward and defence lines. At the moment I have one less rookie in the forwads and one more rookie in the backline. Not sure what the best strategy is but I think the defender rookies are a bit safer than Rayner.
Midfield is filled with uber premos qnd jeepers, is Libba really that cheap? Nice side

Cheers, already made a few slight amendments but layout the same. Main reason is im not too fond of having three rookies down back as job security isnt spectacular even though they appear to be better scorers. Would prefer to go two down back and front for stability just in case something goes wrong because back rookies depth is not high

Not too many weak links in that team. Good balance between the forward and defence lines. At the moment I have one less rookie in the forwads and one more rookie in the backline. Not sure what the best strategy is but I think the defender rookies are a bit safer than Rayner.
Midfield is filled with uber premos qnd jeepers, is Libba really that cheap? Nice side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back