Teams 2018 Fantasy - Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First thoughts are
Backline - Way too many dollars spent in it, Try max 3 premos and 3 rooks or even 2 premos a mid pricer and 170K rooks. Hodge is an interesting choice, he should get fed alot of the ball from the young backline, dont know if he will play enough games and lets face it, hes old!
Midfield - Not enough dollars spent. I think you need minimum 5 premos, or at least 4 and a A grader who is under priced. You have the 3 amigos so you cant go wrong.
Ruck - good to see nicnat not in the team.
Forward - JJK is under done - and as a rule i wouldnt get a key forward that isnt buddy. Can score well, though his pre season has been restricted. I like the Grey pick, its unique, hes not TOO expensive, though for a couple extra bucks i think id prefer Ah Chee
Bench - Harley who knows if he will play ?? if not - go down to Venables and upgrade elsewhere.

Hope it helps.

Definitely helps, thanks - I'll shuffle some money from the backs to the mids. Kennedy and Hodge I was already a bit iffy on so good to have your opinion on that. I couldn't bear to have Nicnat in the team, a bit overrated in my purple opinion but who knows if that will bite me later!

First attempt...
Probably change it 52,184 more Times before march22. Any help good or bad would be greatly appreciated. Not sold on nic nat, hence heavy in the rucks. Still unsure on De Goey, could be a POD.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180207-213328.jpg
    Screenshot_20180207-213328.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

I haven't seen too many blokes mention Mitch Robinson on here? Take out his 23 from last year when he got injured in the 1st quarter and he averaged 92, priced at 77, and with Rocky out could see a lift in points possibly? Just a thought.
I've currently got him, is priced really well as you elaborated on. I'll keep and eye on him through out the JLT series, hopefully he can justify his selection because of his value it offers room to move elsewhere.

Thoughts on De Goey, risk or POD?

Would be a real POD but because of that a very risky pick. I think you're better off trying to find an extra odd 100k somewhere and bringing in someone like Cripps/Coniglio or a Billings/Heeney. If you did want to save some coin you could look at someone like an O'Meara or Petracca who do have more upside about them. Obviously that depends on where you'd play him, forward or in the midfield of course.

I never like telling someone to not get someone because I don't have a crystal ball, I've got no idea what'll happen. He is a good break out prospect, however you've just got to question will his midfield time improve or will he continue to spend chunks of games up forward? Where do you think he'll significantly improve his game and are you worried about the comments on his fitness/hip injury?

He's not someone I'll be getting, I will be keeping a very close eye on him for my draft comp, especially with his DPP.

I must have miscalculated some averages, in the latest Traders podcast they said that McVeigh actually had a bigger effect on Lloyd’s scoring. They also said that they got word from somewhere that Lloyd would be back to his high scoring role. Not sure where they got that info but Lloyd is back on my radar for now.

Bit of talk around that McVeigh may play forward? Not sure if true. Ill look into the averages...

Bit of talk around that McVeigh may play forward? Not sure if true. Ill look into the averages...

Lloyd averaged 83.5 when Mcveigh was back in the side from round 15 onward. Played half back mostly and the occasional wing spot, with Mcveigh playing HBF and rarely being thrown forward to mix things up.

Doesn't look promising. Saw something on the Swans board saying that McVeigh looks super fit with no niggles and would most likely be in the side round 1.

What's everyone's thoughts on the Don's midfield crop? I see a bit of potential value there but the value I see are both at awkward price points.

Parish could up his game a fair bit and is expected to but assuming you'll need a solid 90 odd average for the pick to be worthwhile.

In Smith I remember one of kickers to getting him over to Essendon was more mid time promised. I remember last year having Smith in my elite side so I paid a lot of attention to him. Seems anytime he would get a run through the guts for the Giants he would score great and as soon as he went back forward his output would slow down significantly. With more midfield time at Essendon I can see him scoring quite well because he is a good tackler, although probably handballs too much for my liking. But surely with that extra mid time he can up his average a touch and that would put him near the top forwards if he did

Really hoping a few cheap defenders step up in the JLT. Currently have Laird, Lloyd, Luke Ryan and Brayshaw as the only ones above basement price. No doubt I'll change my team 1000 times before R1 but I genuinely like Ryan more than the other blokes that are there.

Really hoping a few cheap defenders step up in the JLT. Currently have Laird, Lloyd, Luke Ryan and Brayshaw as the only ones above basement price. No doubt I'll change my team 1000 times before R1 but I genuinely like Ryan more than the other blokes that are there.
What's got you on the Ryan train?

What's got you on the Ryan train?

As I said it will no doubt change after JLT but a couple of big scores (138 and 126) last year got me excited and lack of other options really. He picks up cheapies across half back when they chip it around which is what you want from a defender.

Is my forward line to weak?

Billings, Devon Smith, Christensen, Setterfield, J.Higgins, Zac Langdon (Venables, Ahern)
So much value in the forward line, I think going cheap in it is the way to go personally. Heard Langdon is looking like taking Stevie's spot in the side but the spot still seems to be very open according to the GWS board

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely helps, thanks - I'll shuffle some money from the backs to the mids. Kennedy and Hodge I was already a bit iffy on so good to have your opinion on that. I couldn't bear to have Nicnat in the team, a bit overrated in my purple opinion but who knows if that will bite me later!

If i can say one thing, its leave your opinion of a players footballing ability at the door. The only thing that matters in this game, is their ability to score big and/or make you cash. Nic, he has the ability to score big and is also at a price where he could make you some serious $$$!

If you had of left him out because he isnt 100% fit and still could miss rd1, well that's another issue!

My 2nd draft - $68 K left

DEF: Laird ~ Lloyd ~ Crisp ~ O'Shea ~ Mirra ~ Doedee / CUMMING and J. Smith
MID: Mitchell ~ M. Crouch ~ D. Beams ~ Rockliff ~ J. Selwood ~ O'Meara ~ LDU ~ Tim Kelly / MUTCH and Freeman
RUCK: Jacobs and Gawn / ENGLISH and Cameron
FWD: Billings ~ Heeney ~ Robinson ~ Christensen ~ Jack Higgins ~ Ahern / RIOLI and Venables

My 2nd draft - $68 K left

DEF: Laird ~ Lloyd ~ Crisp ~ O'Shea ~ Mirra ~ Doedee / CUMMING and J. Smith
MID: Mitchell ~ M. Crouch ~ D. Beams ~ Rockliff ~ J. Selwood ~ O'Meara ~ LDU ~ Tim Kelly / MUTCH and Freeman
RUCK: Jacobs and Gawn / ENGLISH and Cameron
FWD: Billings ~ Heeney ~ Robinson ~ Christensen ~ Jack Higgins ~ Ahern / RIOLI and Venables

Jelwood has had some ankle issues this preseason i think, but there are lots of other good options around his price to switch to

As I said it will no doubt change after JLT but a couple of big scores (138 and 126) last year got me excited and lack of other options really. He picks up cheapies across half back when they chip it around which is what you want from a defender.
Didnt Ryan do alot of the damage when Blakely went down? I cant remember or were they in the team the same time when Ryan was a marking freak

Yeah thats what I thought. Couldnt trust Ryan now Blakely is back, although he may spend more time in the midfield, still a risky choice, but who knows?
I actually like the Ryan pick. Especially since freo like to chip it around the back line. I do think Blakely will spend more time in the midfield but whos to say I guess. Will probably play parts of games doing both. Can see both of them turning out to be good picks

I actually like the Ryan pick. Especially since freo like to chip it around the back line. I do think Blakely will spend more time in the midfield but whos to say I guess. Will probably play parts of games doing both. Can see both of them turning out to be good picks
Yeah not much hype around Blakely who I do think will score well. Not much love for WA teams, i guess Melbourne forget we exist

Yeah not much hype around Blakely who I do think will score well. Not much love for WA teams, i guess Melbourne forget we exist

Surely Fyfe will get a bit of attention, given his International Rules series. And Nic Nat, if fit, will be the most popular ruck choice.

However, any interest in Neale, Blakely, Shuey and Gaff is certainly very quiet

Jelwood has had some ankle issues this preseason i think, but there are lots of other good options around his price to switch to

Can easily turn him into another premium now I think.

Just think at his price he is ripe for picking, scores shouldn’t be affected by Ablett that much because they play a different role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back